PDA

View Full Version : Huevos 7

Pappy
12-18-2004, 08:49 PM
I liked it. Wes has put together a film with the best videography ever seen about ATV's. The clarity and all around expert filming really paid off.

The only draw back to the entire film is the over use of slow motion. I loved it, but feel it was over used.

Was it worth the money? You bet, this is one DVD I didnt mind paying $30 bucks for.

Good job H-Bomb Films

z400ACDC
12-18-2004, 09:50 PM
I think that 7 was one of the better ones! Can you believe that NUT that jumped off that big coal hill:huh I wanted some more GNCC footage like 6. I loved the BB and JJ parts! It was so dusty over at Bill's that day. It turned out a lot better than I thought it would. I hate most of the music on most of them. I guess I am just getting old:ermm: I like watching it while Wes tells what is going on. I give 7 a B+:macho

Mxjunkie
12-18-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by z400ACDC
I think that 7 was one of the better ones! Can you believe that NUT that jumped off that big coal hill:huh I wanted some more GNCC footage like 6. I loved the BB and JJ parts! It was so dusty over at Bill's that day. It turned out a lot better than I thought it would. I hate most of the music on most of them. I guess I am just getting old:ermm: I like watching it while Wes tells what is going on. I give 7 a B+:macho

there use to be a guy on a 400ex back in 00-01 who use to jump down the coal hills, idk if that was him but its insane seeing guys do that in person

SRH
12-18-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I liked it. Wes has put together a film with the best videography ever seen about ATV's. The clarity and all around expert filming really paid off.

The only draw back to the entire film is the over use of slow motion. I loved it, but feel it was over used.

Was it worth the money? You bet, this is one DVD I didnt mind paying $30 bucks for.

Good job H-Bomb Films

wat did i mis read:huh is bombsquad dvd out yet?

Jersey450R
12-19-2004, 04:18 AM
That was Jason Dunkleburger doing the cliffs right around the corner of his house. pappy your right, the videography is nuts. You can see the roost in pretty much every grain of sand. I like Jeramiah Jones' part the best when Wes distorts the colors and the dust is following him everywhere. Great DVD.

Pappy
12-19-2004, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by SRH
wat did i mis read:huh is bombsquad dvd out yet?

I think you will like it...lots of MX and MX type freeride except the bad part is its damn near all slow edited for effect. its wicked cool but as i stated over used.

I liked almost every segment with a few chuckles at some parts, the wife found the entire thing too slow paced and she thought it needed to be more upbeat(hence the slow motion)

the kids liked it, but both agreed its no H3 as far as keeping you on the edge of the seat

RUNMYTA
12-19-2004, 06:42 AM
I haven't seen H7 yet, but my opinion is that H3 is the best so far. I watch it at least once a week, while the others have collected dust. :o

250rtone
12-19-2004, 07:33 AM
How long is it?

lol
12-19-2004, 07:36 AM
i have yet to see H7 but i liked H4 the best

Hondadudeehhhh
12-19-2004, 09:29 AM
I loved it, as paps said...too much slow motion. The whole slow motion thing was because wes shot at so many frame per second with the camera he was using. It was an all over great movie. There were more natural hits like the older huevos vids (1-3) which made it sweet. Good music too and there wasnt too much quad muddin', mostly trucks. i think watching quads play in the mud is so damn boring but watching the truck and a k-5 blazer hit a jump was pretty sweet :D

CTmxyfz
12-19-2004, 09:44 AM
Dunk was telling me one day about his jumping off them hills. He said he wasn't suposed to land as far as he did!:eek:

12-19-2004, 09:51 AM
I think H7 beats H4 as the best Huevos vid yet. Music is awesome, and so is the video. Only problem is not enough freestyle, but i figure thats what the bombsquad vid will be for.

Any info on when the bombsquad vid will be out?

Pappy
12-19-2004, 07:12 PM
one huge advantage on H7.....

you can watch the segment over and over and really get an idea of what your suspension is doing:D

team_450_88
12-19-2004, 08:28 PM
Gah I cant wait, I ordered it from C&D but I havent called to tell him yet that im not sending a money order that im gonna pay with a credit card....I keep forgetting but i wanna watch it so bad ill remember tomorrow...tell some more...wuts the funny parts? any behind the scenes stuff? wut bout lorettas? is it in there? lots of motocross action?

SRH
12-25-2004, 10:11 AM
eh i just watched it, typical huevos, i liked it but not overly impressed. im not a big fan of the type of music wes uses, i liked the part with jons flip, the utah or idaho part with jon and derek, fmx and crash sections were good too, i just didnt care for the track riding snow part was crazy too...worth the money but didnt blow me away

Sportrax10
12-25-2004, 10:45 AM
The part in Treverton PA was amazing!!! They went up the same hill I went up when I almost destroyed my 450r... :scary:

I think it is tied with H4 as the best... :D

Best 4x4 part out of any of the vids... Could have more GNCC though...

The backflip part was awesome too...

Im definatly happy with it, worth the money by far... :macho

HtFoxChick
12-25-2004, 10:54 AM
Watched it afew times!! I thought it was pretty good! Backflip was scary for me...the music i liked too. Would have liked to see more freestyle myself, but i will see that in the next video i guess.

Narly R
12-25-2004, 11:30 AM
I likes it a lot, but they need a new theme, all the videos have been about the sam,e just better quality. I liked it though, I would like a ATV vid, more like Travis and the Nitro Circus, but its still good.

My favorite part was Jason Luburg's place!

exrider360
12-25-2004, 12:14 PM
very awsome dvd

sloppyjoe
12-25-2004, 05:40 PM
he needs to use some diff. music!! i dont really care for so much racing either. a few more wrecks would have been cool.

12-25-2004, 06:00 PM
My favorite one yet. I personally loved all the MX. JJ, Luburgh, Utah, Backy few of my favs. I personally loved all most all of it. I thought the slow motion was very cool. It is nice seeing the things taht usually is just a blur to us as they fly by. That slow mo camera is 30gs too! I loved the slow motion, as long as he would just show a clip of there full speed hitting the jumps to see how fast they are going.

Best soundtrack also so far IMO. He should come out with ah Huevos soundtrack. I can not find half the songs I like off the video.

450Racer
12-25-2004, 10:41 PM
this is by far the best Huevos vid out of the set IMO. the backflip was sick too. i thought the freestyle really stepped up a bit. that guy did 4 no footed cans and landed perfect my eyes about dropped out of the sockets. then the hollman to clicker was nuts. that step up was NUTS. it REALLY takes skills and balls to do that thing. wouldn't it suck if they came about 2 feet short?

my friend told me that quads couldn't whip. i showed him Luburg and he lost that arguement :devil:

great video, i've watched it 7 times since i've had it yesterday.

12-25-2004, 10:49 PM
I didnt like the song in Luburg's. Im watching a quad vid, i dont "wanna beef it up" right now. lol

QuadRacer041
12-26-2004, 05:32 AM
i thought it was pretty good, too much slo mo as you guys said, i really didnt like that new stuff he was doing with messing with the color and stuff, id much rather see it in the nicest color i can get not tweaked too be kinda black and white or extra green or what ever. i know it probably takes a lot more time and skill to do it the way they did but i think wes keeps trying to get too tecnical in his video's every year, although id did like the music for this one, 5-6 were kinda out there for me music wise.

Chino
12-26-2004, 08:37 AM
I liked it, I agree to much slow motion. I liked how you could play it with wes's commentary on everything. I'd like the option for no music and just for it to be natural hearing the quads and water splashing as well. I think my favorite part was the cliff jump it was insane!

SRH
12-26-2004, 10:22 AM
i didnt notice the slo mo crap you guys were talking about , its no different than any bike vid in that aspect, the visual effects i could of done without, i absolutely hated the bill balance part, thett part,the 4x4 part and the nationals, if they skipped over that stuff an added more riding with jon his bro,m dana kory ellis and some others it would just be awesome....wes could of added the other stuff as bounus footage and left the sounds in that would of made all you guys happy

oh yeah were was r yan bemis, august goebel, sheldon riggs, kelly chang...hawaii riiding etc? i hope wes didnt save that stuff for the bombsquad dvd ...he could of made alot better vid if he replaced the other footage with that stuff like i said

250rtone
12-26-2004, 11:30 AM
I have all the vids and i don't have a fovorite because i think they are all great, the one thing i could have done without is the chopper shop segment and the baja trucks, that stuff should have been left on the cutting room floor. If i wanted to see that stuff i would have purchased those types of videos.....i buy these to see quads and i think they should stick to that topic. Other than that i thought it was a awsome vid and i loved the slow motion stuff....

trick450r
12-26-2004, 12:41 PM
how about that guy that jumped down the coal hill....he dude you wear and protective gear...nope just me, myself and I

dirt308
12-26-2004, 02:06 PM
I thought it was pretty good. Yah the guy jumping down the coal hill is insane.

QuAdEr 317
12-26-2004, 04:28 PM
about how much does this movie cost and where can you get it?

BlueZ440
12-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Huevos 7 was a sweet video..I like everything in there..Specially the dumb ***** rolling down the hill..

I wish they would of left out all the songs and have the quad sound instead..Personally I like that better..
And St Anthony could of been better...I was hoping to see someone go HUGE of Choke Cherry..All the jumps they hit I pretty much hit when I go.:D Except the one over the razorback..

Overall is a good video..

cool 300ex
12-26-2004, 08:58 PM
The part in Treverton PA was amazing!!! They went up the same hill I went up when I almost destroyed my 450r...

Is that the part with the big long @ss rock dump hills,the cliff jump one,and were they went up them real long rock dump hills and they did like a rainbow off the top because you could't go any farther up the hill? I like that part.

They should coem to south for pa and try new and boot on quads. I think there has only been a few quad to man boot alot of people roll back down it and total there quads. New boot no one has ever tryed it on a quad and only like 250 and 500cc dirtbikes make it. Like cr500's. New boot is like 300+ feet long.

I like huevos seven yeah them roosts were huge,backflip part was cool,and i liked the mudding and the freestyle stuff. But i think they should have hill climbs in them again like 3 and 4. I like huesvos 3 alot because they have the Beaverdale hill climb in it there hill climb takes like 5mins to get to from my house.

generalg
12-26-2004, 11:13 PM
Oh man, I've gotta order Huevos 7 if there is St. Anthony, ID riding in it! I'm going there in June!! Can't wait.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
12-27-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by QuAdEr 317
about how much does this movie cost and where can you get it?

We have the DVD for $25 ;)

Silverfox@C&DRacing
12-27-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by generalg
Oh man, I've gotta order Huevos 7 if there is St. Anthony, ID riding in it! I'm going there in June!! Can't wait.

not 100% sure when it will be out but the name of it is Saint Anthony: The Sand Crusades it will have dirtbikes ATV's sand rails.. it will be $22 and should be out soon :)

quadrcr161
12-27-2004, 09:48 AM
im still not impressed, the 1st time i watched it i almost packed it up and shipped it back to colby :D but the more i watched it, i figured i would hang onto it, but put it on mute. to me the soundtrack is horrible and the slo-mo sucked. also it seemed to focus on a person turning and throwing roost, thats all thats in the movie. the racing parts were to short and why was bill balance hitting doubles? he is a woods rider, put him in the woods. it also needed to add XC events. IMO it sucked and not worth the money, i had a bad feeling even before it started when i saw the Fox logo. the choppers also sucked except in the baja part. seems to me that wes is tryign to blend in the motorcycle styles into the quad scene and i hope that dosent happen.

BlueZ440
12-27-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by generalg

They don't show alot of st anthony only couple of spots..I have pictures if you want to see..let me know..

generalg
12-27-2004, 12:19 PM
BlueZ440, I pm'ed you for some pictures.

ex kid
12-27-2004, 02:46 PM
i just watched it and thought it was AWSOME! they get better every time. deffinatley worth the wait and the cash.

stocktires
12-27-2004, 06:36 PM
I watched it last night for the first time. The backflip helmet cam was sick! WAY too much slow motion! It just makes me want to watch H2 again. Overall it was kewl, but like lou said, Wes is trying too get too technical.

Narly R
12-27-2004, 08:50 PM
Take todays riders and put them in H3, then it would be better. There are cool parts, but they show them 10 too many times....

The guy jumping down the hill was stupid! Wheres the 3-wheeler man!?!

FasstMidnightZ
12-27-2004, 10:40 PM
I got huevos 7 4 days ago and it's great

foxracingpredat
12-27-2004, 11:36 PM
huevos 7 is easily the best of the seven vids. The backflip scene is insane and dunk's jump is crazy. Also some of the crashes(esp on backflips) really looked like they hurt. I also agree that there was too much slow motion and the music wasnt to good. i hate the one song where the singer is like screaming. :confused: Iloved the ballance scene, wes really needs to work on getting more xc racing and riding, becuase those always seem like the best scenes.
def worth the money

hondarider2006
12-28-2004, 06:19 AM
I ordered my copy sunday from C&D so it should be here thursday or so...I really hope its a good one. Anyways here is some of the music from the movie. Enjoy:cool:

Sparta:piece by piece

Ill Nino:How can I live(span ver), 2 vaya con Dios

Slipknot:Before I forget, The blister exist

ASG:Cowboys and Indians, Crosses

Chevelle:Tug o war

ISIS:Celestial

Filter:So I quite

Exceptance: Permanent

Crossfade:So far away

Killswitch engage:The end of heartache

250EXking
12-31-2004, 03:25 PM
Ive watched it three times now. All i can say is wow. This is a really good movie. I would would most likely recommend this to anyone looking for a good quad movie. I might have to disagree on this one with you Pappy, i think the overuse of slowmotion makes the movie. I dont know if i could watch alot of the movie being in regular motion. It would just seem to go by to quick, and you would miss a lot of stuff. Thats just my opinion. I like it and i hope Wes and the crew come out with more of these awesome videos.