PDA

View Full Version : air tube with 38 airstriker

gsxr68
12-18-2004, 08:47 PM
Is there a better solutuion for the air box tube with a 38 airstriker. If i have to take of the carb at the track it will be a pain in the butt with out a heat gun . Does anybody have a fix for the problem.

ESR350r
12-18-2004, 11:05 PM
I got an air box eliminator kit from ESR and it had a section of hose that fit the back of the carb and connects to the tube that runs back to my air filter... when i put my airbox back on i used that section of hose to go between the carb and the air box tube.... i guess try and measure the outside diameter of the carb and find a nice sturdy section of rubber hose about 2 inches long and try that... i have raced with it and not had any problems.

jst
12-19-2004, 06:01 AM
Keep your airbox.The easiest solution is to purchase a new boot.It will flex more due to not being dried out by the gasoline fumes.I had the same problem until I replaced it.

deathman53
12-19-2004, 07:57 AM
use a hair dryer and heat it up evenly or hot water for a hour or so, the boot on my atc got pretty flexxy after that. The carb to cylinder boot is a tough one to fit also.