PDA

View Full Version : Gun Owners

longie
12-18-2004, 06:12 PM
I am looking to buy my first pistol...I've been around firearms my whole life, so experience is not a factor for me...mainly my wife. I'm taking her shooting for the second time next week, the first time with a pistol, though.

The pistols I find to fit my hand/comfort level the best are: Sig Sauer 226, H&K USP, Springfield Armory XD, the fullsize Glocks

Caliber: I have friends in Customs/Border Patrol and the BP use .40. They do recieve boxes of practice ammuntiion, and the BP members I am friends with do not practice that often, so they usually have a surplus of ammo, SO, I'd like a .40, although 9 and .45 are acceptable.

Purpose: Stress Relief...I don't feel like the pistol primarily would be for home defense, although the second you think it would be; it would be a problem. I would just like to go out and shoot some targets occasionally.

Keep in mind this: I don't have a lot to spend on the primary purchase of the pistol and I don't want a wheelgun (revolver for those who don't know)

What I'd like to know is this:

1. What type of firearms do you have?
2. What type of firearms have you had a positive experience with? Negative?
3. Brands, types to stay away from?
4. Recommendations...i.e., type, brand, model, caliber?
5. Any problems in terms of maintenance, customer service, other?

nosliw
12-18-2004, 06:16 PM
i love my reuger .22. like a big bbgun :D

sorry though, dont own any larger caliber. dad own a .357 which i liked, but only went shooting 3 times with (including when i was really young) so i cant give any indepth reviews or anything

Pappy
12-18-2004, 06:31 PM
my favorite handgun to just shoot for fun and competition is a G35 in .40 i love it to no end.

LTandRaptorider
12-18-2004, 06:35 PM
My favorite is probably my Springfield Armory 1911 .45. I know you said the XD... My .45 is the loaded option, including tritium nite sights. I purchased it for target shooting, and protection. I realy like it and have had no problems with it. It never fails to feed and fire. Only complaint I have is the trigger is a little heavier than I thought it shoudl be. This is easily corrected however, with a gunsmith. My next favorite would be my Firestar .40. It is a smaller weapon, easier to conceal and carry... which was a large factor in my purchase of it. Also ballistically, the .40 is a great round. This pistol has functioned pretty well, although after 100 rounds or so if not cleaned presents some problems feeding. Although I don't own any Glocks, I have fired many and they would never be a bad choice of weapon. They do seem to have a higher grip angle, which brings the front sight up first... which is good for aquiring the front sight. The H&K USP series pistols are also great. You seem to have already done some good research, checked to see which ones fit your hand good. Reliability may be a little tougher to find out about. I used to get a mag called Gun Tests, they tested many different weapons, and had no adds so you didn't have to worry about a company getting undeserved praise. I think they have a web site, do a search on that name. Good luck, and happy and safe shooting. ;)

cletusEX
12-18-2004, 08:07 PM
I've had a Glock 21 for a couple years now. It's a great gun and pretty accurate. Also it's sh$t simple to operate and disassemble to clean. I'm kinda partial to .45's but .40's are great guns. And you can now get 13 round mags if your worried about high capacity.

bignorm
12-18-2004, 09:52 PM
smith &wesson are making a .50 cal revolver magnum or something crazy like that. hahaha man i wish i could afford it. but my dad wants to get a glock 9mm the internal firing chambers on them are nice.

-josh

Joecool1264
12-18-2004, 09:58 PM
A Browning buckmark is all kinds of fun to shoot.Simple to shoot, No recoil, ammo is cheap, and every indoor or outdoor shooting range allows .22's. have fun Joe.

EPDP99
12-18-2004, 10:54 PM
i like the kimbers alot. mostly 5 inch barrels but the 4 inchers arent too bad.

hemi operator
12-19-2004, 12:44 AM
After years of trying them all out, all I buy now (and most likely forever) are Sig Sauer (Sigarms) and Glock. I've never had a single malfunction of any kind in any of my Sigs (P239 in 9mm, P239 in .40 cal, P229 in .40 cal, P228 and P220ST) or Glocks (G23, G17, G19, and G20). That's not something I can say about the various other autos I've owned from S+W, Ruger, or Springfield Armory.

My neighbor has a S+W 410. It's one of their "Value Series" pistols so it's all black instead of the usual stainless, but it fit my medium size hands very well and it's a nice smooth pistol. Best S+W auto I've shot anyways. I believe he paid about $420 brand new, so it's a great deal.

A Sig P239 in .40 will likely fit her hands nicely and they shoot very nice.

The Glock 23 and Sig P229 in .40 are just about the best auto pistols made today in .40 cal. The P229 is expensive, usually about $700. If you like the P226 you will like the P229. It's basically the same grip, just the barrel is about 2" shorter. The Glock will typically be about $150 less. One problem with the G23 though (and the fullsize G22) is a section of the chamber does not fully support the rear of the bullet casing, a flaw brough about by their somewhat hasty evolution of making the G19 9mm into a .40 caliber (the G23 and G19 are exactly the same, just different calibers) because the feed ramp angle had to be changed. This leads to the so-called "Ka-Boom" happening, usually with hand-loaded rounds made too hot. The unsupported section blows out of the casing, usually ruining the gun and hurting the shooter's hands. Stick to good quality ammo and it should be fine.

Like I said, I only buy/shoot/carry Sigs and Glocks. There are other companies which make great pistols though. One I would definitely stay away from is Taraus. Their revolvers are sound, but their autos tend to be largely hit or miss as far as quality. My friend had one that was total junk.

The lower-end 1911 copies from Springfield Armory, Auto Ordinance, Colt, etc. also have a pretty high percentage of problems these days. You need to spend a lot of money to get a good reliable 1911. That's certainly not to say you will have a P.O.S. if you bought a cheaper one, but the probability is much higher.

infantry317
12-19-2004, 10:09 AM
I have a sig p225, super accurate and a great 9. My other 9 is a Ruger KP95DC, not very accuratebut very reliable, that thing would shoot rusty nails through it :D , my wife likes it because the slide is very light and smooth to operate.

I've always wanted a HK but I shot a HK .40 once and felt it was kinda harsh compared to a steel framed pistol like the Sigs.

Guy400
12-19-2004, 11:07 AM
I love my Glock 21 but if you're set on .40 I'd go with the the 35.

blu89ford
12-19-2004, 01:13 PM
just picked up a gloc kmodel 30 in 45 love it fits me perfectly and is more tha ndependable enoughe ot take trail riding

alos love the old ruger 22 mark 1's

but if u want full size id look at the glock 21

Syrus
12-19-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by blu89ford
just picked up a gloc kmodel 30 in 45 love it fits me perfectly and is more tha ndependable enoughe ot take trail riding

alos love the old ruger 22 mark 1's

but if u want full size id look at the glock 21

Did i read that right... you take your glock trail riding ?

Quadfather
12-19-2004, 02:10 PM
My two favorite handguns that I own are a Glock 17C (9mm), and a Kimber ProBPII 10 (.45 cal)

Both are extremely accurate and fun to shoot. If I had to choose one of them, it would be the Glock.

Both are easily stripped for cleaning purposes.

oldsandman
12-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Asking what gun you like is kind of like asking what type of women you prefer. If it is a matter of personal preferance and if not an issused piece get what works for you. I had to carry the sig and never really liked it. It did everything asked but I just never warmed to it. If given one choice, for me it is a Novak series 70 Colt in .45acp. They do require attenion to carry in condition 1 but for me it's well worth it. I have allways shot the 1911 well and it fits me perfectly. My wife and daughters all shot Glocks and really like them. So what it comes back to is what works for you.

longie
12-28-2004, 10:06 AM
I bought a Glock 22 last thursday and took it to the desert to shoot yesterday...I was impressed. My buddy is in the Border Patrol and they use a Beretta 96 and I don't like it at all because of the long trigger pull. I liked the striker firing mechanism. I was a lot more accurate with mine the very first time I shot it compared to his.

popo
12-28-2004, 12:33 PM
We carry a S&W 4506 45 cal on duty and in the bird an H&K 45 USP compact.

I seen to many accidental discharges with Glock's. Not to say it's a bad gun, but the saftey on the trigger is not for everyone.

If you are wanting it for self defense, than I would suggest either a .40 or .45 to stop the person now!!! rather than have to swiss cheese him with a 9mm and have bullets hitting inocent by-standers.

longie
01-02-2005, 03:23 PM
What kind of holsters do you pistol owners have? Specifically if you own a Glock. I don't want it for a CC, more for just taking it to the range or desert.

oldsandman
01-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Try a Sidearmor kaydex holster they work well with the glock.

longie
01-05-2005, 08:52 PM
anyone else?

dn1911
01-05-2005, 09:41 PM
for a range holster any paddle style will work well. most ranges don't allow guns to be holstered, but that changes with where you go

also you wouldn't see any AD's with Glocks if people would just pay better attention to their gun handling! the trigger safty is just one of three. the other two are built into the gun to stop AD's from thing like dropping them. Glock are not armed until the trigger is pulled half way.

EPDP99
01-05-2005, 10:50 PM
hows everyone feel about the kimbers?? im really interested in getting one. i will be going .45 for sure. best to go with a 4 or 5 inch barell?? mostly be used for sport shooting and home protection.

bluebaron
01-05-2005, 10:55 PM
I convinced my mom to buy a .22, (step 1), know i have to get her to go a little bigger (step 2). as for home defense i sleep with my mini 14 next to my bed at all times

MOFO
01-06-2005, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by oldsandman
Try a Sidearmor kaydex holster they work well with the glock.

ditto!

I have not used Sidearmor but spent alot of time on Glocktalk.com and they seem to be the best holster for a glock. I'll be ordering mine very soon. :D

f1502nv
01-06-2005, 07:45 AM
i have a glock 22 .40 cal ive never had a prob with it but if you can aford it the para ordinece .45 is a sweeeeeet gun very light easy trigger pull.... you better hurry and decide because of the new law for the drop test sometime this year i heard that guns are going to go up in price and alot of guns they are not going to make anymore because of thr strick law......the para is already anywhere from $800.00 to $1200.00 depending on your options you want so i cant image what it will be after the new test it has to go through....

f1502nv
i have a glock 22 .40 cal ive never had a prob with it but if you can aford it the para ordinece .45 is a sweeeeeet gun very light easy trigger pull.... you better hurry and decide because of the new law for the drop test sometime this year i heard that guns are going to go up in price and alot of guns they are not going to make anymore because of thr strick law......the para is already anywhere from $800.00 to $1200.00 depending on your options you want so i cant image what it will be after the new test it has to go through....

f1502nv

sharkinthepool
01-06-2005, 08:00 AM
I have owned and shot most of them. I have the new Glockk 22C. Very sweet shooting gun. Got the extended clips from glock meister (17 rds). Very different.
I have had the Beretta 92f that was pretty sweet. Wish I would have kept that one.
I have three Rugers at the time but they are wheel guns. Super Red Hawk .44 magnum. Blackhawk Bisley and Blackhawk Viquero.
Smith and Wesson 4506, 422, 622.
Sig Granite GSR .45.
LLama 10mm
Colt .45 Government, Colt 1902 45LC

The Glock was at the top of my list, until I got my GSR from SIG ARMS. This by far is the best .45 or any caliber that I have ever had. Very, Very smooth and accurate.

dn1911
01-06-2005, 11:20 AM
right know the best 1911 clone is the S&W. or the wilson combat KZ-45.

5" barrel, the Goverment model as they are called, are better for target and general shooting.

the 4", Commander model, are great for personel protection and everyday carry.

3" Officers models but i don't like the shorter grip and they kick to much because of the shorter grip/short barrel

i wouldn't recommend carring a 1911 style gun without lots of practice. they take some more practice to make sure your motor skills turn off the saftey when ready to fire after you draw the weapon.

SixthFloorFreak
01-06-2005, 01:43 PM
i have a Springfield 1911-A1 TRP and i absolutely love it. then again, my dad has a Smith and Wesson 1911 that is a helluva gun too, at a much cheaper price...my Springfield was almost $1000 used, his was bought new for a little over half that

HiZ
01-06-2005, 01:51 PM
XD 9

CZ BL40

MagnumRes Desert Eagle.50 nickle

S&W .357 revolver

Previously

Sig 40
Beretta 92f
recommended!

Do not like the glock

Find a ship that will let you go out and shoot!
There are a few here that give you any of the guns they have for sale and it's $5 to use the Demo gun and shoot what you want in the indoor range. Good place to make a decision

longie
01-07-2005, 06:51 PM
I thought about the XD in .40, but got a better price from the Glock.

longie
01-07-2005, 06:51 PM
I thought about the XD in .40, but got a better price from the Glock.

pikey21
01-07-2005, 06:54 PM
s&w 500 big boom big mess

Tantal
01-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Zastava M-70AB2 (Mitchell Import), NORINCO 56S and 56S-1, Colt AR-15A2 HBAR, VALMET M-78 (308.), Romanian PSL, etc.; unfortunately, I "had" to sell off my ENTIRE collection before I moved back to Massachusetts.

:( :mad:

longie
01-07-2005, 11:06 PM
I live in Arizona...I probably waited about 1/2 hour before I walked out the door with a pistol...good thing about living here, you can carry a pistol whereever you go, as long as its in plain sight.

dn1911
01-09-2005, 10:52 AM
i carry mine conceled and still go anywhere as long as they don't have detectors.

gun in plain sight means your the first one shot if the sh*t hits the fan.

longie
01-09-2005, 03:58 PM
You can take a CCW class for about $70, plus about 3-4 weekends of your time.

86350x
01-09-2005, 07:07 PM
I have one hand gun, some couple of shot guns, and a rifle. All for hunting purposes only!

I would like to get a 44 to compliment the 357.

WEEZIL
01-09-2005, 07:26 PM
My dad owns a tanfoglio witness Its a .45 auto that would put you in the mind of a 1911 style auto. Untill recently my experiences with automatic pistols suck. And I can't hit anything with them. I am best off with a .44 magnum ruger super blackhawk. Anyway. This Tanfoglio is very attractive to begin with. Fits your hand excellently, Has the perfict weight to it. And shoots like a dream! I would say this is a very impressive piece and through www.eeacorp.com ? you can get kits to change the caliber of it. ALL THE WAY DOWN TO A .22 and mostly everything between!
Excellent gun

longie
01-09-2005, 08:52 PM
I went to a gun sho today, and I am really thinking about getting another gun already...I do want a 1911 style .45. I like the kimbers and the springfield armory's pieces.

dn1911
01-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Kimbers used to be great guns untill they went with the new external extractor. i know smith uses one also but it has proven much more reliable. Springfields are good guns but just don't have the following of the others. Para has also recently released some new models that i liked.

maggiesboy
01-10-2005, 08:34 AM
Mossburg 835 for a scattergun, Grandpa's 416 Rigby (retired) and a Ruger Super Redhawk in .44mag.

Quad82DP
01-10-2005, 10:25 AM
6 Gun cases full of toys. I am a certified gunsmith and like building rifles for hunting and varmet shooting. I also have a CCW and prefer the S&W Sp 101 for a carry.

Got Roost?
01-10-2005, 11:05 AM
i prefer para ordnance or sig handguns. a friend has a glock .40 and it's nice, but not very accurate imo. my baby is an anschutz 64 target rifle for killing some paper:blah:

here's a pic of one (not mine)

dn1911
01-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Glocks are jsut as accurate as most Sigs that i have shoot. also how accurate do you need a defensive gun to be? paper plate at 25 yards is more than enough. most of them with practice will hit a paper plate at 50.

longie
01-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Well, I've only had mine since Dec. 23rd, and I already want another pistol.

upacreekbri
01-10-2005, 05:20 PM
If you're still open for a nine, take a look at the CZ75. I'm more of a shotgun guy myself (hunting/clays) but my 75 shoots better than I do. I let my younger brother try it and he was also surprised at how well he could shoot it. Trigger could be little more crisp but overall a great gun for the money. :)

Got Roost?
01-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Glocks are jsut as accurate as most Sigs that i have shoot. also how accurate do you need a defensive gun to be? paper plate at 25 yards is more than enough. most of them with practice will hit a paper plate at 50.

i'm not saying that glocks are all inaccurate. i've only shot one, and the .40 is not as accurate as other rounds.

Tantal
01-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by upacreekbri
If you're still open for a nine, take a look at the CZ75. I'm more of a shotgun guy myself (hunting/clays) but my 75 shoots better than I do. I let my younger brother try it and he was also surprised at how well he could shoot it. Trigger could be little more crisp but overall a great gun for the money. :)

CZ's are excellent pistols! I used to have a 75 - it was one of my favorites.

Tantal
01-10-2005, 05:31 PM
I personally am a huge 1911 fan - I used to have a WC and a Kimber - two incredible pistols.

I had a G17 a few years back, didn't really do anything for me. I never understood the Glock craze.

dn1911
01-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Got Roost?
i'm not saying that glocks are all inaccurate. i've only shot one, and the .40 is not as accurate as other rounds.

you would be correct in saying that. actually it is one of Glocks least accurate, but still more than enough for defensive purposes. heck as cheap as you can get a used Glock put an aftermarket barrel in and have a tack driver.

I am also a 1911 fan at heart, were do you think i got my screen-name from. and i will return to them when i can afford to have the gun i want.

the Glocks take some getting used to. you will actually have to adjust your grip compared to most pistols. but once you do they are awsome guns for the typical shooter. and they are usually far more affordable than most Good 1911's.

MOFO
01-10-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by dn1911

the Glocks take some getting used to. you will actually have to adjust your grip compared to most pistols. but once you do they are awsome guns for the typical shooter. and they are usually far more affordable than most Good 1911's.

exactly! Which is why most people who shoot a glock for the first time or first few times might think they are less accurate. I am by no means a target shooter, but my G23 shoots as straight as I do. :cool:

and for the person that never understood the glock craze, go fire off 1000+ rounds, then load up another 1000 without cleaning....it'll shoot everytime. Then take it apart and clean it...another very simple thing to do with a glock. Very good design IMO. Simple and to the point.

To some people the glock might not be the nicest looking gun, but when they designed a glock...function was the first priority over form.

Tantal
01-10-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
and for the person that never understood the glock craze, go fire off 1000+ rounds, then load up another 1000 without cleaning....it'll shoot everytime. Then take it apart and clean it...another very simple thing to do with a glock. Very good design IMO. Simple and to the point.

To some people the glock might not be the nicest looking gun, but when they designed a glock...function was the first priority over form.

Been there, done that. I owned the 17 for some time before I sold it and I have fired many other models including select fire variations. While the Glock is a very simple and reliable pistol the overall design just doesn't appeal to me... polymer frame, trigger safety, trigger, grip, etc.; fun, yes, but I'd rather spend the money on something that will serve more than one use.

I personally feel the 1911 offers more with its more "tactical" design features.

Again, just my personal preference/views. No flame intended.

longie
01-10-2005, 06:57 PM
which is why, when I do get another one, it will be a 1911 design.

MOFO
01-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Tantal

no flame at all! I completely understand what you said... to each their own.

:cool:

dn1911
01-10-2005, 08:10 PM
I personally feel the 1911 offers more with its more "tactical" design features.

Just curious what is more "tactical" about a 1911?

MOFO
01-10-2005, 08:12 PM

I was wondering that myself, but since I have very little time with a 1911 style gun, I played dumb. :D

dn1911
01-10-2005, 08:15 PM
i've worked at several gun shops and heard an excuse for just about every gun. that was probably a fist though.

Pappy
01-10-2005, 08:35 PM
just picked up a new glock in .40....its the night stand gun

my 1911 just recieved a trigger job and boy is she sweet.

i think we need an atvriders.com shoot off:cool:

dn1911
01-10-2005, 08:47 PM
let me grab my 1911 and i'm ready any time pappy! i'm faster with that than i am with my 450R:D

450ar
01-10-2005, 08:50 PM
High point makes some realy good composite guns. They are made in ohio and are very inexpensive. They come in all common calipers. You can pick a up a .45acp for under 200 bucks. www.gunsamerica.com Aslo if i was 21 i had have to buy a carbon 15 type 97s. Its the hand gun version of the m-16 and it shoots .223 so its very accurated and it has some range and speed.

dn1911
01-10-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by 450ar
High point makes some realy good composite guns. They are made in ohio and are very inexpensive. They come in all common calipers. You can pick a up a .45acp for under 200 bucks. www.gunsamerica.com Aslo if i was 21 i had have to buy a carbon 15 type 97s. Its the hand gun version of the m-16 and it shoots .223 so its very accurated and it has some range and speed.

High Point? someone go give this guy a lesson in guns please. High Point is absolute trash, sorry!

the carbon 15 is for short distance and building entry teams. not meant for long range.

Woodsrider
01-10-2005, 09:10 PM
I read all five pages and was almost suprised that nobody mentioned Taurus. I have a PT92 that is my CCW and absolutly love it. Great gun with not a single misfire or cycle problem in over 1500 rounds fired.
I also have a Ragin Bull:D but that only has about 100 rounds through it. Its just for shooting melons. I had to have one the first time I shot it. Lifetime warranty was a nice selling feature too. Although you should never have to use it;)

Tantal
01-10-2005, 09:26 PM

The design is as perfect as it gets (note what I stated in above post)... from the safety/s location/s (the primary being a very strong point), to the fact that it's a SA AL, the cartridge, etc., etc.; all of these features together is what makes the 1911 the ultimate all around pistol, IMO.

It's all about personal preference/needs and what I look for the 1911 has. The 1911 is faster and SAFER (for me)!

dn1911
01-10-2005, 09:33 PM
The design is as perfect as it gets (note what I stated in above post)... from the safety/s location/s (the primary being a very strong point), to the fact that it's a SA AL, the cartridge, etc., etc.; all of these features together is what makes the 1911 the ultimate all around pistol, IMO.

It's all about personal preference/needs and what I look for the 1911 has. The 1911 is faster and SAFER (for me)!

i was just curious as to what you would say. if i had to pick one gun i would probably pick a high end 1911. i'm planning on getting Wilson's new professional model.

nosliw
01-10-2005, 09:52 PM
1" bore :scary:

http://img5.exs.cx/img5/2124/100caliberpistol6dy.jpg

yamaha250f
01-11-2005, 02:36 PM
The beretta p92fs is a great gun for protection of target it is the fastest take down to just push the pin and flip a lever and the slide comes rigt off in 2 pieces and then pull the spring and pin off of the barrel and the barrel slides out. It comes in a 9mm and a 40 cal. I work at Gander Mountain and its one of our number one sellers. i love to shoot it its good and accurate. 5 inch barrel and 10 shot standard on the 9 and you can get the 15 round high cap mag online for about 20 bucks at gunbroker.com
its also more reliable thena springfield or glock with a better resale over them too.

cletusEX
01-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by yamaha250f
The beretta p92fs is a great gun for protection of target it is the fastest take down to just push the pin and flip a lever and the slide comes rigt off in 2 pieces and then pull the spring and pin off of the barrel and the barrel slides out. It comes in a 9mm and a 40 cal. I work at Gander Mountain and its one of our number one sellers. i love to shoot it its good and accurate. 5 inch barrel and 10 shot standard on the 9 and you can get the 15 round high cap mag online for about 20 bucks at gunbroker.com
its also more reliable thena springfield or glock with a better resale over them too.

I disagree. I have never been impressed with any of the berettas I have shot. There trigger pull is sloppy and as far as them being easier to take down, the Glock breaks down into 4 pieces in a matter of seconds. As for reliablity I believe the Glock is a far more reliable firearm.

longie
01-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Not to mention about some Beretta's long trigger pull (Model 96) .
Border Patrol is using thme now, which I shot and did not like. BP is moving to the H& K P2000 in .40 in about 6 month's or so time.

Woodsrider
01-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by yamaha250f

The Beretta's ease of take down is its biggest downfall. With a round chambered and the hammer back, I can snatch the upper reciever off the lower with one hand, and beat you with it, faster than you can pull the trigger.;) I have yet to figure out why the taurus does not allow this, but I know it to be fact. Either gun, however, can be temporarily disabled in the same way if the person pointing it is not sure if they are going to use it.

Pappy
01-11-2005, 07:33 PM
hey you knuckleheads...dont forget i moly 10 to 12 barrels a week and so far ive done over 10 complete slide and frame refinishes:devil:

actually just finished up a sweet model 70 1911...even did the hammer and trigger in gold:huh it ended up killer.

anyone like the .40? id love to have a kimber in a 1911 frame in .40 cal! ummm maybe for fathers day:scary:

dn1911
01-11-2005, 09:24 PM
sorry but there is no way in he11 that a Beretta is more reliable than a Glock. as our troops in Iraq how reliable there guns are full of sand, then get a Glock put it in a creek for 24 hours pull it out and shoot it. it will go bang.

also for anyone in Indiana, Indy 1500 gun and knife show this weekend

cletusEX
01-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
anyone like the .40? id love to have a kimber in a 1911 frame in .40 cal! ummm maybe for fathers day:scary:

Yeah a Pro Carry II in .40 would be a sweet gun. That's my older brothers dream gun but two kids and a wife keep telling him no.:p His buddy has more than a few Kimbers and swears by them.

longie
01-12-2005, 08:11 AM
I would buy a Pro Carry II, but I'd go with a .45 instead of .40, plus, you can get the .22 conversion kit for about $275 to teach the kids/wife

YLW400
01-12-2005, 08:18 AM
I haven't heard one mention about a .357 Sig... Buddy just picked up a Sig Sauer .357 Sig and loves it. That's what the State boys are carrying here in Delaware now.. Now that will leave a mark...

Kyle_Racer_31
01-12-2005, 08:26 AM
PISS ON the Anti-Hunters

cletusEX
01-12-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by YLW400
I haven't heard one mention about a .357 Sig... Buddy just picked up a Sig Sauer .357 Sig and loves it. That's what the State boys are carrying here in Delaware now.. Now that will leave a mark...

I think that is what the Secret Service and a few other branches of government are carrying. If your gonna do a lot of shooting the extra cost of .357 Sig ammo will add up. You can get large quanities of .45 ammo for pretty cheap. But it's definitley a screamer. I think it has similar ballistics to a .357 Mag with 125 grain bullets.

YLW400
01-12-2005, 10:26 AM
Yea, your right I think they would add up. Depends on what you want, and how much shooting you do I guess. From what my buddy told me, all he has to do is buy a .40 cal (if I remember right) barrel, and he will have another gum basically, which is cool

longie
01-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Pretty sure that with a Glock, you just have to change the barrel and magazine, possibly a component or two within the striker/ejector mechanism. Not 100%, though.

dn1911
01-12-2005, 08:01 PM
several Glocks offer caliber conversions. i wasn't able to find the refrence charts that i have seen. if you check with Jarvis Barrels or Bar-Sto barrels they should be able to help. also do a search on Glock Talk (www.glocktalk.com)

MOFO
01-13-2005, 04:01 AM
Glock Talk (www.glocktalk.com)

Great site!!!