PDA

View Full Version : GNCC Style racing in OK???

spudss
12-18-2004, 05:56 PM
Im looking to Race GNCC style CC racing in and around Oklahoma but dont know where the event are held and cant find and website for them either.. Does anyone know of or race these events in oklahoma?? Any info. will greatly help.. Thanks

jshtex
12-18-2004, 05:59 PM
OK www.occra.com
TX www.atvccs.com
AR www.ahscs.com

We run in an all quad series in Texas but we have raced in the OCCRA and they are great folks too.

And you do know that the first GNCC race is in NE Texas don't you?

You might also check www.unitedoffroadracing.com for a little more "national" type series that actually had a race in OK.

spudss
12-18-2004, 06:11 PM
hey thanks a million for the links I will check them out..

I did read that the GNCC series is starting off in in north Texas.. But I dont think I can make it to that.. I will be a novice with a stock 400ex.. I will just try out the local races and get them under my belt before I step up to the big races.LOL I just want to see how it is and go from there.. Ive heard it is awesome racing..But thanks again for the info.. I will use it...

jshtex
12-19-2004, 07:59 AM
Glad to help...

Even if you don't race the GNCC you should try to come if you can. There will be a lot of people from this board there and it is really cool to look out over the starting area and see 300 plus quads sitting on their lines waiting to go. Plus you get to see some of the top riders (Pro and Amature) and that is always cool. The quads race on Saturday so maybe you could just make a day of it (long day....) and head back home.

We will be racing in one of the afternoon classes I think, really havn't decided yet. They (GNCC) have classes for almost everyone, including beginers and stock quads.

Our series (ATVCCS) is having one of our races in OK this upcoming season so maybe you can make one of our races. We have a few more classes than the OCCRA to choose from so that might help you out.

Good luck with your racing.

spudss
12-19-2004, 10:16 AM
Ya thanks for the invite.. I might come and check it out.. I looked up the OCCRA schedule and there are about 6 out of the 14 that are pretty close to me in NE OK.. I will for sure hit those this year.. and will try to hit as many as I can all over the state.. To try to get some under my belt and get a feel for this type of racing.. And get my quad set up accordinly.. I really just need some +1or +2 a-arms and some good shock all the way around.. I have the LSR axle +4..I need to hook up with someother racers in the OCCRA from my area..

jshtex
12-19-2004, 01:25 PM
At the OCCRA race in rosedale last year they had one tight spot that my sons stock width yfz wouldn't go thru, without bouncing off one of the trees. Good suspension is important, but I wouldn't spend money going wide if you want to XC race.

We ran a 400ex (416cc) season before last with a totally stock suspension and did well enough to win more than our share in our little series. We made the switch to the yfz mid way thru last season and he really likes it.

Remember that a lot of the tracks are setup to be tight for bikes, so on quads they get real tight.

geogeorge
12-19-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by spudss
Im looking to Race GNCC style CC racing in and around Oklahoma but dont know where the event are held and cant find and website for them either.. Does anyone know of or race these events in oklahoma?? Any info. will greatly help.. Thanks

there is also the missouri races www.mhcsracing.com . great races.

spudss
12-19-2004, 04:18 PM
Oh ok.. That is the kind of info I need from riders who race in this area.. Im ready to try it out.. Im getting pupmed up for it.. Even if I suck I just want to get through the first year and then I will know what I need to do for the next year.. And how the races are setup and run.. Like someone said you start with a dead start. You have to start your quad and then take off..

spudss
12-19-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by geogeorge
there is also the missouri races www.mhcsracing.com . great races.

I cant get that site to work..

BlueZ440
12-19-2004, 05:18 PM
Spudss you suck..Get into a real race..LMAO:D :eek: ;)

geogeorge
12-19-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by spudss
I cant get that site to work..

sorry. my misstake. www.mhscracing.com dyslexic misspelled it the first time.

spudss
12-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by BlueZ440
Spudss you suck..Get into a real race..LMAO:D :eek: ;)

Ya I no.. My body cant take MX any more.. And cant find any FT racing around here.. So CC is the next best thing.. And there seems to be alot of it around here.. So I will GIVE R H3LL... LOL

BlueZ440
12-20-2004, 09:54 AM
Sweet have fun and B careful..don't hit a Tree doing a buck 50

spudss
12-20-2004, 01:27 PM
I wish I could do a buck fiddy..LOL

cinigen9
12-20-2004, 03:42 PM
www.hillbillygp.com

these races are in the s/w corner of MO - I have seen some guys from OK make a few. Great group of racers to get started with.

Carson

spudss
12-21-2004, 05:43 PM
I will have to look into that... The only bad thing is I have never heard of ony of those places,,LOL

BlueZ440
12-21-2004, 09:33 PM
Hey Spudds..I got a 4.6 gas tank for sale for a 400ex..if you want to get into Gncc..