PDA

View Full Version : tm designworks chain slider

honda400zx
04-22-2002, 06:10 PM
when i ordered the chain slide i had no idea i had to remove the entire swing arm just to install the chain slide. i couldnt remove the chain because i couldnt find a master link. is there on on the 400? so i took off the front sproket instead, then i had to disconnect the shock and lincage to remove it so i took out the pivit bolt and looked at the bearings i installed tjhe chain slide and reversed these steps. but when i ride it the hard plastic and the chain make a annoying noise i thought it was a rediculas amount of work just for that and the noise pisses me off!:(

Tlongs400
04-22-2002, 07:59 PM
well that sucks,betcha wish u had just left it alone

ChadEXer
04-23-2002, 07:53 AM
That sucks!! i got me one of those chain sliders too!!! Mine is tore apart and will go back all together!! Does it really make a bad noise??

CBW
04-23-2002, 11:36 AM
i have the TM on my quads,,,,,,,the noise goes away after a while,,,,,,,but it is still kinda there, I just ignore it cause the chain slider is way better than stock,,,,,,,,just my two cents. It will last you a long time though.........OH YEAH,,,,,,,,on the stock chain on the 400,,,,,,,there is no master link,,,

NJ300ex
04-23-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by ChadEXer
That sucks!! i got me one of those chain sliders too!!! Mine is tore apart and will go back all together!! Does it really make a bad noise??

Chad, i doubt you will be able to hear it over your quad.

zuLi0
04-23-2002, 12:09 PM
the reason behind the no master link on the 400ex chain, is that primarily because honda thinks it will be stronger with out one?

CBW
04-23-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by NJ300ex

Chad, i doubt you will be able to hear it over your quad.

you are right NJ330ex,,,,,,,,,after it has been used a while,,,,,,,i only hear it when pushing my quad in or out of the shop,,etc,,,,

yeah zulio,,,the honda shop here told me the same thing when i asked about it a year ago.......,,,,,but what a pain in the rear

zuLi0
04-23-2002, 12:44 PM
the only nice thing about it with a hand grinder and having an extra master link it only took about 5 mins to install an after market one, however i replaced it with an after market oring chain about a week ago.

ChadEXer
04-23-2002, 02:09 PM
I got me a white chain slider. it should look nice with the White Maier plastic and on the red swingarm(and it says TM Designworks in red) Will the white start to look dirty?? I was told that it will always just wipe off.

CBW
04-23-2002, 03:41 PM
Chad,,,,,,,,it will come off easy. They stay looking nice and come clean with a pressure washer or wiping if that is what you want to do.

ChadEXer
04-23-2002, 04:16 PM
Cool,,Thanks Chris!!! I am waiting on the chain slider and the Pingry oil tank and thats all i need. I need the chain slider before i put the swingarm back on of course, so as soon as I get it I will be putting her back together!!:D Should be by this weekend!!!

fire x 2000
04-23-2002, 06:53 PM
I'll second Chris on the noise, when i first road mine I thought i screwed something up big time!!! but after the first long ride the noise will decrease, so keep on there it will be worth it in the long run.,

crookedeyemoto-x
04-23-2002, 07:07 PM
Is this chain slider for use when taking of your stock skid plate? I have a stock swingarm, and would like to have one. Any pictures?

DEAL
04-23-2002, 07:11 PM
I think those chain sliders are a little expensive , i made my own out of teflon and it works just as good.

ChadEXer
04-24-2002, 07:47 AM
Terry sent mine for like $35 or $40 i believe!