PDA

View Full Version : YFZ or Raptor

raptorrider686
12-18-2004, 12:23 PM
I know alot about raptor's. But I dont know alot about YFZ's. I have heard alot about them.What I want to know is what is better a YFZ or a a Raptor. When I say better I mean in top end bottom end and how it handles on trails. Please if you have any info on this please let me know.:)

Honda400exrox
12-18-2004, 12:53 PM
i dont know if u like honda or not but if u do u could consider the 450R for a trail quad, i kno that prolly dont answer ur questin

2002400ex
12-18-2004, 12:56 PM
raptor beats a yfz on top speed, accelleration a yfz beats the raptor

2002400ex
12-18-2004, 12:56 PM
and the yfz handles a whole lot better and is not as tippy

400exdad
12-18-2004, 01:13 PM
I'd have to say a YFZ. Better all the way around over a Raptor. And, while I would love to suggest a 450R, I can't. Honda missed the boat when they didn't put an electric start on the R. What were they thinking?:eek2: I'll prolly take a beating for saying that, but apparently the weight of the starter and battery is no biggie... look how well the YFZ is doing in GNC and GNCC racing. And I hate Yamahas.... ever since they put to the 2001 Raptor buyers....

raptorrider686
12-18-2004, 05:41 PM
Honda400exrox Thank you.And im not being sarcastic. I just wanted some peoples opinions. The 450R I heard is very fast and good at handling.

Hondadudeehhhh
12-18-2004, 06:34 PM
for some reason people say the yfz isnt a trail quad? I think you can do what ever the hell you'd like with a 450r or yfz. Both handle great in all types of racing and in recreational use.

I would say get a yfz if you are riding just trails. Raptors are sort of tippy if you are a lazy person

chucked
12-18-2004, 08:31 PM
werent you the guy that was sayin that yamaha is on a downfall??

250rtone
12-19-2004, 07:52 AM
I had a 450R and it was a great trail quad, i hated the kick start and it jumped out of gear quite often when i would ride it hard. I must have had a bad one:ermm:, i traded it for a raptor and a dirt bike for my nephew and havent looked back. The raptor is a great trail quad, i put a durablue axle and wheel spacers on mine and it handles great, i ride wooded trails and a lot of open fields and it seems well suited for that type of riding.

12-19-2004, 08:49 AM
the raptor has way more bottom end which u want for trails beside the fact that its tall n skiny (tippy:eek2: ) it handles great

i own one so i thought i would tell u my experience

YFZ450Ridr
12-19-2004, 11:19 AM
my dad had a raptor and i rode it a few times. its got great bottom end and handles decent. it might be a little tippy but if your any kind of a rider im sure you know how to lean and use your body weight to control it. id say if your gona be doing trail riding get a raptor. i dont know why people just buy quads for top speed it makes no sense at all..., also if want a raptor but a tamer version you could look into a z/kfx.

12-20-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by 660r_freestyler
the raptor has way more bottom end which u want for trails beside the fact that its tall n skiny (tippy:eek2: ) it handles great

i own one so i thought i would tell u my experience

way more than a YFZ?? I think not. My brother has a hooked up Rap. with a 686 kit, and I beat him occasionally out of the hole. My YFZ just has a yoshi slip-on and a UNI. And if I dont get him out of the hole I'm a tire behind, or dead even. Top -end the Rap is way faster, but not bottom-end.

And as far as handling the YFZ out handles a rap anyday. No mystery there. The rap does have reverse and is more comfortable.