PDA

View Full Version : New Elka Elites, wrong shocks sent!

maskale
12-17-2004, 09:23 PM
I got my new Elkas today and could not wait to get them on and ride tomorrow, well the front shocks are 3 inches to short. I ordered the quadra rate Elka Elites. But I got the stadard triple rate Elites. I dont even know it they got the back one right. Because on the invoice it shows a different price for the back than what I paid. Also I ordered the shock setup for the longtravel linkage but did not order the linkage itself because I got one from a member here, but they sent me the linkage anyway and it is not on the invoice either. It was already to late when I tried to call and ask so I will try again tomorrow and check (hope their open) how this can be fixed.

My question is though, has this happened to anyone, and how easy will it be to get the problem resolved.

Thanks

Silverfox@C&DRacing
12-17-2004, 09:59 PM
sounds like elka messed up your order. I will call them on Monday and get this fixed. Shouldn't take to long to get this corrected

maskale
12-17-2004, 10:03 PM
Thankyou

bradley300
12-18-2004, 09:58 AM
elka has great customer service, so you shouldnt have any troubles

DirtDevilBT
12-18-2004, 09:47 PM
I'll buy the rear link from you.:D no really

maskale
12-19-2004, 08:47 PM
LOL, ok I will sell you the one that I bought off this forum, it is in great shape, hardly used and it will come with the springs. They did get my rear shock right so I installed it today with the linkage they sent, and headed to the track. WOW!!!! that Elite shock with the longtravel linkage made a big difference, can't wait to get the front ones on.

cdalejef
12-20-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by DirtDevilBT
I'll buy the rear link from you.:D no really Don't forget, you must have an Elka rear shock and the correct springs to use the Elka linkage!

PhilMoore
12-22-2004, 12:16 PM
They WILL set you up right!

:)

I know how dissappointing it is to get the wrong parts.
You will be lovin' them when you get them setup. Patience!

Narly R
12-23-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
elka has great customer service, so you shouldnt have any troubles

;) Im sure they will work it out for ya.

maskale
12-23-2004, 09:49 PM
Yes their coustmer service is great, the Sales Manager PMed me here personally the other day and told me that they were working on my order already.

Rich250RRacer
12-26-2004, 06:09 PM
I want to order Elka shocks for my 450r, should I order direct or from one of their retailers?

cdalejef
12-27-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
I want to order Elka shocks for my 450r, should I order direct or from one of their retailers? If you order directly from Elka, you will pay full retail.