PDA

View Full Version : Smoke during warm up

440ex2001
12-17-2004, 04:22 PM
I have had about 6 tanks through my engine after I installed a 440 kit. Its running awesome so problems at all other than it smokes alot if its cold out . It will smoke for about 1 minute or so then nothing. It is white smoke. And after it warms up it goes away completly. It seems like its getting worse but that might be becasue its getting colder. I was thinking of selling the quad but I want to fix this problem before I do. Another thing, its not using any oil. every time I check the level its the same. Should I worry about this?

nosliw
12-17-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by 440ex2001
Should I worry about this?

no

400exracer511
12-17-2004, 05:26 PM
mine does thexact same thing.. smokes when you start it for a little bit then goes away..... i wouldnt worry about it

FasstMidnightZ
12-17-2004, 06:30 PM
nope not a prob just cold

underpowered
12-17-2004, 08:12 PM
White smoke is water burning. If it was oil it would have a blue tint to the smoke. Gas is a Hydrocarbon (hydrogen + carbon) When a hydrocarbon is burned, water and Carbon Monoxide are produced. The water doesn always escape so when it is cold out the water is burned and steam is produced. So, no there is nothing to worry about. It is normal. And the only reason you see it whenit is cold and not when it is hot is because, the water evaporates quicker when it is warm.