PDA

View Full Version : stainless swingarm bolt?

T.Hopp
12-17-2004, 01:48 PM
I did a search on stainless steel swingarm bolts for the 400. All I came up with was one from Shark Racing. You can get one for $60 plus shipping. I also saw a zinc coated one for the same money. Has anyone installed one of these or know of any cheaper corosion resitant S/A bolts? I have a new bearing kit comming and I wanted to ditch the stock bolt. Is $60 worth it?

TC426EX
12-17-2004, 02:54 PM
I think it would be worth it. I personally dont have one but would like to get one. As it is I pull my swingarm bolt out at least once every couple moths and re grease it with marine grease. Another place who carries them is Baldwin Motorsports. I believe they want 45 for it or something but Im not sure. Give em a call or check out the website at www.baldwinmotorsports.com Other than that I would check and see if C+D could hook you up with anything....

cals400ex
12-17-2004, 04:19 PM
i got one with a grease zerk in it from the quadshop. i believe it was around $40 but i don't remember.

CHAUNCY
12-17-2004, 06:56 PM
Its worth it. You wont have to worry about rust and the rear end will come apart real easy. :)

Pappy
12-17-2004, 07:12 PM
i have posted this before, but what they are selling as a cure all wont fix the issue.

you have a stainless bolt, hard chromed bearing sleeves, stamped steel collars all combined in an area that breeds rust and corrosive build up.

all these parts are of dissimiliar metals and when that happends geuss what? corrosion is increased!

the modified stock bolt helps signifigantly but still should be removed 4 times a year.

you can have the bolt, sleeves and collars molycoated for even greater corrosion protection but the "stainless" bolt in itself will corrode and even if it corrodes at a slower pace then the stock bolt, the collars will damn near weld themselves to the sleeves.