PDA

View Full Version : hmf slip-on concerns

White400
12-17-2004, 11:36 AM
Hey guys, Right now I'm running a full White Bros. E-Series pro meg system on a 2004 400ex. I'm wondering if a HMF slkip-on will work with the White Bros. header I already have. Any help is appreciated.

UglyMotha™
12-17-2004, 12:56 PM
nope

if your engine is pretty much stock i would recomend goin back to the stock header and hmf slipon over the e-series pro-meg a full system is actually to much for a stock bike

i'm confused with your sig though do you just have a white brothers header cause if you do than you can run it with the hmf slipon but if it is indeed a promeg system then you cannot

White400
12-18-2004, 01:54 PM
Isn't the slip-on the only thing that actually makes it a pro meg? I have a White bros. header.......looks pretty close to stock. The only thing that is bigger actually the White Bros. Pro Meg slip-on. My question is will the HMF slip-on work with the White bros. header.

UglyMotha™
12-20-2004, 07:29 AM
then you don't own the promeg system just the slipon, i have the promeg system and the header is flared not to mention it ends before it even gets to back of the frame where as the stock header goes beyond the back of the frame so a hmf slipon will not work on the promeg system, but if you have a whitbros headers with a promeg slip on then it will work