PDA

View Full Version : Ebay: Elka/LSR LT front end?

Out_Sider
12-17-2004, 10:58 AM
what do you all think of this front end? i mean i know its ebay so i need to do some research about the seller, but is this front end worth it or should i look into other front ends.. im not really a fan of elka suspension, i've always liked axis myself, but do you all think i'd be happy with this front end along with a LSR swingarm(+1)?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&tc=photo&item=4512660220&category=43974

Shawn H
12-17-2004, 11:46 AM
Motomahanni (sP) is known for selling things he does not even have> I have and others waited along time for some things he has sold>

He's a hit or miss seller, somethimes he ships quick other times ya wait a long time>

Im sure the front end is good tho>
I like Axis myself.

450 Racer R
12-17-2004, 12:11 PM
I've dealt with that guy plenty of times. My only complaint is that he doesn't leave feedback

Foxrage
12-17-2004, 12:22 PM
I have delt with him too. Shipping did take a while but when i finally order it is when ill be in the rebuild process anyway. I was thinking about gettin that front end too. But i was more worried about lonestar than anything.

Out_Sider
12-17-2004, 12:28 PM
well i want the arsfx/axis front end, but this price is REALLY hard to pass up because i narrowed it down to 3 front ends... arsfx/axis, jrd/pep, and elka/lsr.. and the arsfx is the most expensive of all 3 and lsr/elka is the least expensive

R3Concepts
12-17-2004, 06:56 PM
Buy that front end from Rudy @ DFR, he can get Elka, Axis or PEP. Tell him Morgan sent you and I guarantee it'll be cheaper than that. 480.664.9860

CTmxyfz
12-17-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
well i want the arsfx/axis front end, but this price is REALLY hard to pass up because i narrowed it down to 3 front ends... arsfx/axis, jrd/pep, and elka/lsr.. and the arsfx is the most expensive of all 3 and lsr/elka is the least expensive \

why not walsh/elka:confused:

Out_Sider
12-17-2004, 08:03 PM
well walsh and roll design are two really expensive companies that i cant really afford, and i really want PEP or Axis shocks on the front, im not sure about the rear.. i was thinkin maybe a elka rear shock and linkage with a +1 swing arm.. but please give me your opinions.. all these different a arm styles and linkages and stuff gets me confused and i really dont know what is good and what isnt

Gabriel Racing
12-17-2004, 08:22 PM
Personally id look at the Herrmann racing setup with axis or pep.

it is a great setup and cheap to.

we have a full elka/herrmann trx450r as well.

Out_Sider
12-17-2004, 09:00 PM
how much is Herrmann? i looked at their site but could not find prices, and is there linkage any good?

Gabriel Racing
12-17-2004, 09:07 PM
there long travel a-arms run about 775,

and the swingarsm around 550 i believe,

at this time of year they have sales and specials to.

rollie
12-17-2004, 09:25 PM
Burgard/PEP:cool:

CTmxyfz
12-18-2004, 05:09 AM
personally, i would mitch match shocks fron and rear. Just me preferance. I've rode my sponsors bike that he built. Its a yfz with a walsh/big can peps all around vs. my walsh/elkas all around linkage. Ours bikes felt the same. Elkas are great shocks and you would be happy with them IMO. I have axis on my practice 416 right now and im not as happy with them as i am with the elkas.

Jersey450R
12-18-2004, 06:28 AM
what do you all think of this front end? i mean i know its ebay so i need to do some research about the seller, but is this front end worth it or should i look into other front ends.. im not really a fan of elka suspension, i've always liked axis myself, but do you all think i'd be happy with this front end along with a LSR swingarm(+1)?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&tc=photo&item=4512660220&category=43974

One of my buddies put this front end on his 450 and it looks awesome, works awesome, and is a great front end. the price...well he paid $2300 fro the dc4's, elkas, and an rpm axle.

Out_Sider
12-18-2004, 09:01 AM
well lately i've really been looking into the Burgard Premium LT arms because i like how both the top and bottom joints and made into the arm, looks really strong, but herrmann looks similar, but idk i just want a good quality LT front end with fully ajustable shocks. But i heard the wait for pep shocks is usually 6-8 weeks, how long is the wait for elka and axis?

CTmxyfz
12-18-2004, 10:25 AM
2 weeks max for elkas.

Got mine in a week:)

Out_Sider
12-18-2004, 02:13 PM
well i've been looking at J-Hracing's site alot and i think im gonna go with a burgard/elka front and rear, The reason for burgard is that they are definatly good quality products and i like how they are designed, and Elka is definatly on the ball lately with building shocks. Any more opinions are welcome

kazpr
12-18-2004, 02:18 PM
Burgard is what I will be running once I get all the parts back from Pappy. Going to get shocks redone from Gt Thunder though.

12-18-2004, 03:33 PM
i don't like the lsr bottom ball joint. i have seen them fail at a race and it's not nice:eek2: you would think for that $ they'd pu somthin better on:confused:

CTmxyfz
12-18-2004, 05:37 PM
yea, good choice. Get the Burgard permium LT a arms. The bike we are trading our 400ex and 416ex for a burgard/elka lt bike.

Ill let ya'll know how the burgard/elka goes with walsh/elka

R3Concepts
12-18-2004, 06:18 PM
The balljoints on Dc4s are all the same, and Ive never had one fail or even seen one fail and all the Pros in AZ run DC4s.

Dave400ex
12-18-2004, 09:47 PM
Don't forget about Houser, JB Racing, and Laeger.

Out_Sider
12-18-2004, 10:44 PM
well i have seen MANY a bottom ball joint snap off, and that is exactly why i wont be buying those types of arms. CTmxyfz, thanks for all the help man, i think you and Kazpr have been the most help to me, thanks to both of you :macho

CTmxyfz
12-19-2004, 07:08 AM
Anything with a built in balljoint at the end, seems like one of the nicest setups. Its stronger. it also easier to adjust the camber, and caster seeing you do not have to take the balljoint out of the spindle each time you want to adjust it. If you look at the Exriders XC450r, those a arms are nice right there. They are like the walsh with the stong balljoint setup. Housers LTs are like that too. But for shocks like i said, get the elkas no doubt. Great service and all. I blew my rear shock and elka took care of it free of charge.

Dave400ex
12-19-2004, 08:25 AM
Yeah I agree the a-arms with the built in ball joints are very strong. JB, Laeger, Houser, ArsFX are that way.

CTmxyfz
12-19-2004, 09:18 AM
those companies standard a arms are not like that though, nor is burgards. Walsh's all use built in ones. Def. go for something built in, nice and strong, just take longer to get the balljoints out for pc as i am experiencing.

Dave400ex
12-19-2004, 09:24 AM
I was just checking out the 4 brands I mentioned, and the Houser and ArsFX ball joints look very similar to the Laeger/JB if they are not the same. CTmxyfz check them out and let me know what you think? I am talking about LT setups only.

JDiablo
12-19-2004, 09:28 AM
well lately i've really been looking into the Burgard Premium LT arms because i like how both the top and bottom joints and made into the arm, looks really strong, but herrmann looks similar, but idk i just want a good quality LT front end with fully ajustable shocks. But i heard the wait for pep shocks is usually 6-8 weeks, how long is the wait for elka and axis?

ha 6-8 wees,if it was that short i would have th best PEP's you can buy,try 4-6 months unfortanualy,i would still say go with elkas have them there in about a week,two the most :(

CTmxyfz
12-19-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
I was just checking out the 4 brands I mentioned, and the Houser and ArsFX ball joints look very similar to the Laeger/JB if they are not the same. CTmxyfz check them out and let me know what you think? I am talking about LT setups only.

well in that case you are correct. ;)

CTmxyfz
12-19-2004, 09:32 AM
Here are the burgard premiums with the integrated balljoints.

Also the bike we are getting..

JDiablo
12-19-2004, 09:33 AM
the new housers have the same type of balljoint

CTmxyfz
12-19-2004, 09:34 AM
here is the walsh setup. King studs are sick. wicked strong.

Def. they way to go on these, intergrated balljoints.

Out_Sider
12-19-2004, 10:29 AM
that burgard front end looks wiicked man :macho and 300exrida i do not like houser products. and ctmxyfz anymore info on that front end is much apprieciated

JDiablo
12-19-2004, 10:38 AM
that burgard front end looks wiicked man :macho and 300exrida i do not like houser products. and ctmxyfz anymore info on that front end is much apprieciated

lol ok i didnt know;) you consider JRD to?maybe gibson>

CTmxyfz
12-19-2004, 10:38 AM
the burgard or walsh??? Talk to pappy or CandD racing i think to get burgard products. I have not gotten the bike yet. Harlen seems please with them on the exriders XC 450r. Maybe he can help you out alittle more also. PM him. I can help out some too. PM some questions if needed.

Dave400ex
12-19-2004, 10:43 AM
The bottom on those Walsh are how my Arens are. There's a stud with a bolt that goes in from the bottom, except the Arens keep coming loose? Have your's come loose any? This is why I am liking the Laeger style ball joint, don't have to worry about that crap coming loose. I just checked my Arens the other day and they were loose again...

Out_Sider
12-19-2004, 10:51 AM
did you put red loctite on those bolts?, i had some cheap ugly a arms on my 300ex and they had some kinda heim joints on them that screw in and the bottom one fell off cuz i forgot to put locktite on it, but when i put the bolt back in with locktite i never had another problem.. ctmxyfz.. either front end, lol, i like both of them, i would loooove to have walsh but the price is to high for me, so probably more on the burgard when you can get some time on it

Dave400ex
12-19-2004, 10:54 AM
Oh yeah I put a lot of red loctite on them actually. I just keep checking them, which gets old.

JDiablo
12-19-2004, 10:55 AM
i would PM pappy to ask for more info about burgards....there newer LT arms look sick,and for the price you can't beat them

CTmxyfz
12-19-2004, 11:26 AM
no mine have not come loose. your arens are not exatcly the same style of the walsh. Take a look here, the balljoints are pressed in and held by a c-clip for insurance. Here yea go, i circled the king studs.

R3Concepts
12-19-2004, 01:18 PM
ha 6-8 wees,if it was that short i would have th best PEP's you can buy,try 4-6 months unfortanualy,i would still say go with elkas have them there in about a week,two the most

Wrong, the wait for PEPs is 4-5 weeks through Baldwin. The only time they are ever longer is if you order them from Wayne, who is WAY behind, and you dont stay on top of him about the order.

Sandsjbyz22
12-19-2004, 01:30 PM
I got my 8-click peps from Mark in about 8 weeks and that was in june when racing was full swing. like said before if you go through Wayne it's alot longer. With Mark you just have to stay on him because he's extremly busy and being a factory mechanic he has his hands full.

spincr4hire
12-20-2004, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by 450 Racer R
I've dealt with that guy plenty of times. My only complaint is that he doesn't leave feedback

exactly...and usually takes over 2 weeks to get stuff out to ya.

mikes450r
12-20-2004, 08:09 PM
hey im about to get some elka ssd....but i was wondering what the difference in piggy back and remotes are.. i know how they look..but is there any other difference..

Thump_It
12-20-2004, 09:04 PM
Other than being able to put your rezzies where you want with the standard rezzy set up, no difference. Basically you don't have to deal with the hoses and installation of rezzies with Piggybacks.

mikes450r
12-20-2004, 10:07 PM
the piggybacks dont look like they are protected to much..

Yamahauler_04
12-21-2004, 10:38 AM
Protected from what? They are as protected as anything else that needs airflow.

mikes450r
12-21-2004, 12:01 PM
im talkin about in a wreak..remotes can go under your frame in the front..the piggybacks are just hanging out in the open

JDiablo
12-21-2004, 04:17 PM
that is what a bumper and tires are for,i have only heard of one time where a piggyback got nailed:huh but it is protected to much by other things,bumper,a-arms really

Yamahauler_04
12-22-2004, 12:45 PM
If you can crack the billet alum. collar/rezzy, you got more serious problems on your mind.