PDA

View Full Version : fmf megamax II pipe

04-22-2002, 05:14 PM
hey everyone, im running an fmf megamax II pipe, and the shop re-jetted it after putting the pipe on(im not sure what jet size they used). right now i have the quiet core in, along with all of the discs, however, i was thinking about taking out the quiet core, and just running all of the discs..i have 2 concerns...would taking out the quiet core mess up my jetting and would it need to be re-jetted again? and also, i know first i have to take out all the discs, then the quiet core..is this hard to do? could i do it myself? thanks for any info

Red Rooster
04-22-2002, 05:38 PM
It will give it a deeper much more better sound. I don't think you will need to rejet.(pretty shure it will be ok). You will need an allen wrench to loosten the the bolts. Hopefully they arn't rusted. Just take them out and remove the quiet core and replace the disks. Note:Put some anti-sieze on them so the don't rust. Most all anti-sieze is resistant to the high temps(read the bottle). If you don't mind getting your hands dirty you can do it!!!

04-22-2002, 06:22 PM
I run mine with no core insert and no disks. I runs a lot better with them off. I noticed a little increase in power w/ them off. I have mine jetted up to 170.

04-22-2002, 06:30 PM
hey thanks so much for replying back! it was a great help! well my pipe is pretty much brand new, only a few months old so the bolts and everything definatley should not be rusted...i really like the deeper sound of the discs without the quiet core, especially since iam running all the discs..it should sound nice! im just worried about the jetting. do you think that if i start it and ride it around and it sounds fine the jetting is good, but if it sputters and backfires the jetting needs fixed?? one more thing is, i noticed you have a megamax 2 pipe on your 300. well does yours just say "fmf megamax" or does it say "fmf megamax 2" cuz iam positive mine is a megamax 2, however, it only says "fmf megamax" on the side. whats up with that?? is mine just like a year older model or something??

DEAL
04-22-2002, 08:50 PM
I doubt it will make a big enough diffrence in exhaust flow to effect your jetting.