PDA

View Full Version : Information

04-22-2002, 05:11 PM
I am new to ATVing and just got a new quad, well it isn't new, but to me it is. Look at my sig. I was wondering if any one knew of a site that has a lot of information about atv engines such as things like what do jets do or rev kits so on and so fourth, I want to learn a lot about them so I can POST here and Know what I am talking about. Also does my quad sound alright I just bought it and I don;t know a lot about it.

Kadafiy
04-22-2002, 05:27 PM
Search old posts on this forum that you want to learn about. That should help you. But the best thing you can do is take stuff apart and work on your or friend's quads. That's where you will learn the most. From what I have heard scrap the rev box it makes the ex hard to start and doesn't do anything.

Tlongs400
04-22-2002, 08:03 PM
the wb rev box suxs

gojk
04-22-2002, 08:20 PM
I have a Wb Rev box and I like it. I live in AZ and it only freezes every once in a while, so my bike hasn't ever had any probs starting with the box. I think the box makes a difference in a drag race but for MX or just trail riding it doesn't matter. The problems that people have with them is when it is cold and the battery level isn't high enough. I will admit that my battery has to be 1/2 to fully charged for it to start. Just some info on the WB box. I hear so many people diss it but nobody will know if they don't try it themselves. It all matters on how you ride the bike.

Castor-426ex
04-22-2002, 09:05 PM
i like wy wb rev box...no problems...even in the cold...I installed it in the winter of 2000 It then had a hard time starting in cold weather..I took it to my service guy he told me to go with the extended high speed spark plug not sure the number...so since then Ive never had a problem and I noticed a big difference