PDA

View Full Version : Need help w/ K&N Jet Kit

maxthrottle
04-22-2002, 05:09 PM
I'm hoping that a jet kit will stop the engine from breaking up at high throttle. Just put a Yoshi pipe on, even though the Mfg. says nothing about re-jetting, I've heard that a bigger jet does wonders. I ordered the kit today for my 2002 400EX from Rocky Mountain, from reading the posts, should start with the 155 jet?
Also, I noticed in the picture of the jet kit a drill bit, when I asked the service rep at Rocky Mountain they said I need the drill to install the larger needle. I also bought the K&N filter and outerwear. Oh yea, I ride between sea level and about 2000 feet Anyone have any tips for installing this little bugger?
Thanks

chad400ex
04-22-2002, 06:15 PM
Go to www.dynojet.com

They make the kits for K&N, and if you go to the page with the 400ex on it, there are detailed instructions. There is no drill bit for this kit, and you don't need one. I just put a Yoshi pipe on my bike last week, along with the K&N filter w/ outerwear, and dynojet jet kit. I ride about the same altitude as you, so if you plan on keeping the airbox lid on, definitely start with the 155 main, put the needle clip in the 3rd position from the top, and turn the fuel/air mix screw out 3.5 turns. I had my 400ex out in the dunes at Sand Lake last Friday, and it was running great. The kit recommends the 146 jet, but it was a little too lean for my bike. Good Luck!!!

maxthrottle
04-22-2002, 06:46 PM
thanks for the info and link Chad.
I think I can handle this, looks like everthting is on the side of the carb, except the low fuel mixture screw. Can I get at this without removing the gas tank?