PDA

View Full Version : Import Enthusiasts

CEET400ex
12-16-2004, 09:11 PM
Anyone in here like imports? Post your rides. Also, Im looking into buying a '96 Civic Hatch for $4500. Its black and has tinted windows, short shifter, cold air intake, Si wheels and new Kumho rubbers, coilover suspension with Tokico struts, Greddy catback with stock muffler, cd player, black frame projector headlights, and Del Sol seats. 120k miles....Think the price is right? And anyone know why the hatchbacks don't come with power steering and how hard is it to put on power steering? Lets try and make this an anti-flamewar thread :o

Pvt. Maggot
12-16-2004, 09:14 PM
I'm getting 2 GEN 3 CRXS one roller..the other is a complete car with an SI full exuast and intake..the roller has a body kit..and some other stuff...I'm getting an acura integra type r motor..all the mounts..the harness and 2 more trannys and a ton of other stuff all for 1400..not bad eh?..:devil: I'm doing my motor and suspension..then looks..gonna be a sick little car..i love crx's :devil:

Butters
12-16-2004, 09:14 PM
sounds like a good price to me. the miles are kinda high but its a honda it can handle it. i have a 92 honda accord with 140k on it and its still runnin good. its stock except for a k & n.

Butters
12-16-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
I'm getting 2 GEN 3 CRXS one roller..the other is a complete car with an SI full exuast and intake..the roller has a body kit..and some other stuff...I'm getting an acura integra type r motor..all the mounts..the harness and 2 more trannys and a ton of other stuff all for 1400..not bad eh?..:devil: I'm doing my motor and suspension..then looks..gonna be a sick little car..i love crx's :devil:

sounds like you are rapping somebody. :eek:

CEET400ex
12-16-2004, 09:41 PM

Yeah I like CRXs too. Them little cars will fly with the right stuff done to them. I couldnt believe it the first time someone told me the stock engine only had 92 HP. But the car is so light...thats what makes it fast. If I get this hatch...I plan to have it Turboed within the next year or so. I have a new muffler sitting here and it alread has a Greddy catback with just a stock muffler on it so itll sound pretty good once the muffler gets welded up. The shortshifter is pretty sweet too. I wasnt used to the shifts the 1st tiem I drove it haha. Anyone know about putting pwr steering on a car like this?

quadrcr161
12-16-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by CEET400ex
Anyone in here like imports? Post your rides. Also, Im looking into buying a '96 Civic Hatch for $4500. Its black and has tinted windows, short shifter, cold air intake, Si wheels and new Kumho rubbers, coilover suspension with Tokico struts, Greddy catback with stock muffler, cd player, black frame projector headlights, and Del Sol seats. 120k miles....Think the price is right? And anyone know why the hatchbacks don't come with power steering and how hard is it to put on power steering? Lets try and make this an anti-flamewar thread :o

get rid of the cold air, its just a straw, and no actual gain. also its got a catback exhaust but stock muffler? what trim is it? ex, dx? if it didnt have PS its prob a dx, and wont worry, you wont miss PS. also look to see if its a multiport or dual port injection, if you plan on doing a motor swap. also just go read www.honda-tech.com for a while and use SEARCH. its got great information but you go in there asking stupid questions they will tear you apart.

1st there is no 3rd gen crx's, only 2. body kits were mid 90's so dont even try to make it work. for the money a typr r is you could go buy a mustang and be as fast stock. mid-low 14is is all youll get usually, but for 1400 its prob stolen. also check out the honda-tech forum, like isad its got great information. and if anyone has anyquestions PM me, 2 of my good friends are 25+yr honda techs each. and ive done a few swaps.

but personaly i htink its a wast of money

CEET400ex
12-16-2004, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by quadrcr161
[B]get rid of the cold air, its just a straw, and no actual gain. also its got a catback exhaust but stock muffler? what trim is it? ex, dx? if it didnt have PS its prob a dx, and wont worry, you wont miss PS. also look to see if its a multiport or dual port injection, if you plan on doing a motor swap. also just go read www.honda-tech.com for a while and use SEARCH. its got great information but you go in there asking stupid questions they will tear you apart.

The trim is DX. How hard and how much is it for a PS kit?:confused:

quadrcr161
12-16-2004, 09:50 PM
offer him 3800, or 3500, its just a dx, which has maybe 70hp, dont even wast your money on that motor, also pull the ricy stuff off of it. what do you plan on useing the car for? just a ncie driver? drag strip? street racer?

also forget the PS it isnt worth it.

CEET400ex
12-16-2004, 10:10 PM
I plan on just having it as a nice driver and occasional street racer. 70 hp? I think not.....

quadrcr161
12-16-2004, 10:15 PM
if your going to street race, save your time and effort, not worth the risk of killing someone. and yes, the dx hp is that low, i would almost pay for the dyno to show you. remember, hondas are economy cars, and set up for gas milage. since a dx is a lower trim level, example the no PS and the 1.5 nonvtec motor, and tall gearing.

Pvt. Maggot
12-16-2004, 10:17 PM
i'm getting a bill of sale and title..so?...i don't think there stolen..and i'm pretty sure theres a gen 3 crx...and what are you talking about with the body kit?..there the same year crx...and i'm not trying to build a 5 second fire breather lol

quadrcr161
12-16-2004, 10:23 PM
i'm getting a bill of sale and title..so?...i don't think there stolen..and i'm pretty sure theres a gen 3 crx...and what are you talking about with the body kit?..there the same year crx...and i'm not trying to build a 5 second fire breather lol

most type r swaps ive played with is around $3000 or more.
and no there is no 3rd gen in the US.
85-87 is the 1st gen
88-91 is 2nd gen although there are quite a bit of differences
techincally if your is japan there is a 3rd gen but it is badged as the del sol in the us.

and i mean body kits are a joke, ther were cool in the late 90's.

CEET400ex
12-16-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
if your going to street race, save your time and effort, not worth the risk of killing someone. and yes, the dx hp is that low, i would almost pay for the dyno to show you. remember, hondas are economy cars, and set up for gas milage. since a dx is a lower trim level, example the no PS and the 1.5 nonvtec motor, and tall gearing.

I didnt say I wanted to smoke 1000hp Supras. An occasional race. You're thinking too big. I think I read somewhere the stock hp is 106.Gearing, motor, PS......can all be changed.

MichaelS693
12-16-2004, 10:27 PM
CEET... that price sounds way to high... IMO

quadrcr161
12-16-2004, 10:27 PM
you right, but thats at the flywheel, not the tires, youll be lucky to hang with a stock mustang gt and might get outrun by a v6 mustang. plus the car has been modded, which th person prob beat on the car

plus once you add PS it will rob more power, why dont you think the lower end cars didnt come with it.

CEET400ex
12-16-2004, 10:31 PM
I know the owner personally. It hasn't been beat on. If it becomes too slow for my liking....I'll swap it out. That simple. I dont realy care about the cost involved. To each his own.;)

quadrcr161
12-16-2004, 10:34 PM
once you start actually modding it, you will wory about the cost, the good thing is you dont need a mount kit to hold a b series motor. when your running yout 16 sec 1/4 miles i woouldnt go picking on anything other then a geo.

CEET400ex
12-16-2004, 10:40 PM
Yeah them Geos are pretty fast these days I hear.

quadrcr161
12-16-2004, 10:52 PM
so is the ecomogy gas saver cars like honda civic, just b/c you modd a gas saver, dosent mean its fast, its like modding a 250ex and trying to race a stock yfz450. ive got a swapped crx, but since it was a easy swap and a cheap swap it was worth it, but i dont go around reving on anyone and its still stock, im just glad im getting 34-36mpg.

CEET400ex
12-17-2004, 11:10 PM
I live in a small town in Missouri man. Im not thinking of making it a 10 sec car or anything....but they can be made fast with enough cash. Ill make it fast enough for around here....nothing huge.

Chef
12-17-2004, 11:20 PM
It might have been 106 hp 120,000 miles ago...but whats the chance of the entire motor having been gone through so it hasnt lost any hp whatsoever? Also, a catback really doesnt do alot for a stock motored car...in most cases the factory has the exhaust diameter figured out for best velocity/flow. Probably handles good, but thats about it.

CEET400ex
12-17-2004, 11:24 PM
Ok I give up...you all dont understand where Im coming from.

Butters
12-18-2004, 12:20 AM
Ok I give up...you all dont understand where Im coming from.

man you are taking their opinions to seriously. they are giving you just that THEIR opinions. if you want to do it then do it. its your money not theirs so do as you please. i agree with what you are doing. i am all about taking cars with small motors and making them fast. its more of a challange look at it that way.

Guy400
12-18-2004, 05:15 AM

CEET400ex
12-18-2004, 11:20 AM
Anyone here have any nice cars they wanna post?:confused:

JR3
12-18-2004, 11:45 AM
some funnny import things http://www.projectcamaro.com/nawz.jpg http://www.projectcamaro.com/ricerjoke.jpg http://www.projectcamaro.com/ricejoke25.jpg http://www.projectcamaro.com/1.6Honda.jpg http://www.projectcamaro.com/ricejoke08.jpg http://www.projectcamaro.com/ricerjoke-3.jpg http://www.projectcamaro.com/ricervspower.jpg

99400ex
12-18-2004, 12:02 PM
heres a pic of my 94 civic. i dont think 4500 is too bad of a price. seeing how i sold this for 4300. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid150/p6119347edb10ff5e9ec3a4ac08001bce/f5de2841.jpg

99400ex
12-18-2004, 12:04 PM
heres another http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid150/p14701e1f91c5ec91bdddd2bc40233934/f5de2843.jpg

ReconRider25
12-18-2004, 12:20 PM
not car but its still an import. '92 b2200 5speed
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid144/p58df32dbc8be73d97219cc180cf377b3/f67265dc.jpg

MotoX3
12-18-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
. :devil:

DEAL
12-18-2004, 12:32 PM
In all honesty .. I wouldn't pay $4500 for a car without power steering and 120k on it.

Guy400
12-18-2004, 01:25 PM
Did you guys see the latest hot import setup?? The supercharged transmission:eek2:

BlazingYamahaYz
12-18-2004, 03:40 PM
Did you guys see the latest hot import setup?? The supercharged transmission:eek2:

Just FYI-that's a turbo on there;) Just saying:D To each their own, if you want that Civic go ahead and buy it. Just keep in mind you are only limited by your cashflow.

LazeR
12-18-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by BlazingYamahaYz
Just FYI-that's a turbo on there;) Just saying:D To each their own, if you want that Civic go ahead and buy it. Just keep in mind you are only limited by your cashflow.

actually they have superchargers that look just like a turbo. I saw a tuner transformation and they said they were putting on a supercharger and i was like uh, it looked just like a turbo. But it hooked up to the fan belt just like a supercharger and had nothing to do with the exhaust, so it was a turbo look alike supercharger :)

Chef
12-18-2004, 03:57 PM
Just FYI-that's a turbo on there;) Just saying:D

Not necessarily. This is a Vortech SC \/

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/products/product_art/yellowsuper.jpg

Guy400
12-18-2004, 04:41 PM
Just FYI-that's a turbo on there;) Wrong, that's a supercharger...a Vortech V-5 G-Trim to be exact;)

Smokin 440
12-18-2004, 04:45 PM
Here is my 2001 Mazda Protege MP3, 2.0l DOHC. The MP3 was a limited production Protege tuned by Racing Beat with advanced timing, bigger brakes, Tokico struts & springs, Larger anti-sway bars, and Front and rear strut tower bars. It also had 17" Racing Hart Rims
Other stuff done was a Garrett T25BB turbo, Turbo Specialties FMIC, BPV, FPR, and control module, mazdaspeed j-spec cams, and an ACT stage I/II clutch. It also had a custom exhaust, and 18" Motegi Rims.
http://img29.exs.cx/img29/870/k8qfrontmp3resized.jpg
http://img75.exs.cx/img75/7842/q6ymp3back.jpg
http://img59.exs.cx/img59/2682/k2vtoddresized.jpg
http://img95.exs.cx/img95/4840/toddunderhood7us.jpg
Yes i know the filter needed oil, it was just after i wased it and i was out of K&N oil, the intake was also able to be pointed downward as a CAI, which i did after Spring...

Guy400
12-18-2004, 04:46 PM
And it's a Richmond 6-speed for the next Tuner Television Know-it-All;)

:devil:

Big400EX
12-18-2004, 06:02 PM
Chill, why do people always gotta be crackin' another person for what they like as opposed to your own individual style.

It's not even cool, I mean some of the stuff they do is un-needed but some imports are extremely nice and a lot of time and effort goes into making the cars.

People who ride quads don't like to have any ridecule(sp) against them because they ride. And most of the time they are talking out of their asses because they dont know enough about the sport to talk about it like that.

Well unless you guys are damn car enthusiasts and have your own TV show, and a Magazine then you should shut your mouths and accept the fact that people have different tastes then yourself.

Be Quiet.

:macho

BlazingYamahaYz
12-18-2004, 06:40 PM
OK OK I stand corrected. Ignorance on my part, I had never seen a supercharger that looked like that. :)

TheFontMaster
12-18-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Big400EX
Chill, why do people always gotta be crackin' another person for what they like as opposed to your own individual style.

It's not even cool, I mean some of the stuff they do is un-needed but some imports are extremely nice and a lot of time and effort goes into making the cars.

People who ride quads don't like to have any ridecule(sp) against them because they ride. And most of the time they are talking out of their asses because they dont know enough about the sport to talk about it like that.

Well unless you guys are damn car enthusiasts and have your own TV show, and a Magazine then you should shut your mouths and accept the fact that people have different tastes then yourself.

Be Quiet.

:macho

Well said. IMO though I don't like the 4 cylinders. I like the v-8's. A stock small block v-8 can make more power than most of these import 4 cylinder cars will ever be able to make. Another think, in a car and driver magazine last year they did a test of really suped up sport compacts. they were all really nice cars, and I would love to have any of them. Each car was upwords of abour 80 thousand dollars. They also tested a stock corvette Z06. Gues what stock 55 thousand dollar car beat all the hevily moded ricers.:macho

redlineranger
12-18-2004, 07:31 PM

yea............ i love skyline r-34's:devil:

Smokin 440
12-18-2004, 08:01 PM
It's not always about whats fastest in a straight line, and many imports will lose a domestic v8 in the twisties, I also look at fuel economy, and insurance costs... I would love a Mustang, but in high school i just can't afford it, and the econobox was the way to go for me...

Butters
12-18-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Smokin 440
Here is my 2001 Mazda Protege MP3, 2.0l DOHC. The MP3 was a limited production Protege tuned by Racing Beat with advanced timing, bigger brakes, Tokico struts & springs, Larger anti-sway bars, and Front and rear strut tower bars. It also had 17" Racing Hart Rims
Other stuff done was a Garrett T25BB turbo, Turbo Specialties FMIC, BPV, FPR, and control module, mazdaspeed j-spec cams, and an ACT stage I/II clutch. It also had a custom exhaust, and 18" Motegi Rims.
http://img29.exs.cx/img29/870/k8qfrontmp3resized.jpg
http://img75.exs.cx/img75/7842/q6ymp3back.jpg
http://img59.exs.cx/img59/2682/k2vtoddresized.jpg
http://img95.exs.cx/img95/4840/toddunderhood7us.jpg
Yes i know the filter needed oil, it was just after i wased it and i was out of K&N oil, the intake was also able to be pointed downward as a CAI, which i did after Spring...

i like that car. very nice.

CRE Performance
12-18-2004, 09:38 PM
Imports can be fitting to those who want to simply install a body kit and other "look cool" accesories. When a car enthusiast starts to put money into go fast goodies on a 4 cyl, thats just money simply wasted. Nothing against imports ( I own a 400 EX for crying out loud:D ) but its simply stupid to try to make a street king out of one (not implying that the thread starter wanted to). There are a handfull of cool imports that would be neat to have such as supras, RX-7s, DSMs but I would not even waste my time with one of these to make a fast car with.

The entire import crowd gets a bad name due to a select few and its usually the select few that make themselves known in public:D I actually feel sorry for you guys that actually do a good job customizing these cars simply because you get categorized by the many assclowns that are running around out there. BTW, theres nothing that makes me wanna slap some one more than when I talk to a ricer and the first words outta his mouth are "It smokes mustangs!":mad:

kicken250x
12-18-2004, 10:26 PM
damn quadrcr161, you sound like you know your chit. and if you dont you sure make it sound like it. ive been slowly building a 89 LS swaped CRX. its had the complete everything integra swap, harness (MEGA ******), interior, disk brakes in the back, and engine. its all most done, all i have left is the front end (01 USDM type r swap) and to track down a shift linkage and ill be rolling. its gutted from the front seats back, getting a cage, have a custom turbo setup i pieced together at my descresion waiting to go on, along with some other tricks i got up my sleeve over 300 hp will come out of the LS by the time im done...and no...im not running "VEETAK DUDE!"..... :rolleyes: . its been a long hard road and its finaly comming together nicely, ill get some pictures of it come first of the year im hoping.

about the car...i dont know if i would pay that much for the car. sounds a little over priced to me. and its an OBD2 car, slightly harder and more expensive to swap. but as it has been said, its your money, do what you want with it.

i would take the cold air intake off...ive seen MANY people hydro lock their engine running them and a short ram offers better performance. and i just dont want you to screw up your new car if you get it.

the exaust...thats on you...its not gonna give you anything in the hp department... it will prob sound better IF you get the right muffler and it sounds like all you want is a cruser anyway, not a racer.

the PS issue...i wouldnt wory about it. its only any good at slow speeds and the car isnt heavey enough for it to make a difference. also i havent heard of anyone wanting to PUT IT ON, most people TAKE IT OFF. thats another one thats up to you. if you have any questions about anything feel free to PM me ill do best i can to answer your questions. good luck with it man! later

Chef
12-18-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by CRE Performance
). There are a handfull of cool imports that would be neat to have such as supras, RX-7s, DSMs but I would not even waste my time with one of these to make a fast car with.

I agree with all of it except this...The Supras and RX-7s can be made fast...very fast.

Guy400
12-19-2004, 06:06 AM
Even though I'm busting chops a little in this thread I do respect the guys that genuinely build these cars with performance in mind. But, like some already said, it's the 16 year old punks with the body kits and japanese symbols on a Saturn that annoy me. Hell, for about a year I owned a '92 TSi AWD. My cousin bought a 1994 Anal Probe, I mean, Ford Probe and was going to do some work to it. I figured what the hell, let's see what these 4-cylinders can do so I went out and bought that Talon. When I bought it it had 106k miles on it and was bone stock. I put a Centerforce DF clutch in it because the stocker was mushy on launches, Buschur Racing 2.5" cat-back, Hallman manual boost controller, straight pipe, hacked the air can and a K&N. Upped the boost to 16psi on the stock 14b turbo and headed to the track on stock wheels wrapped with Kelly-Springfield rubber. After messing around getting the launches down a little I finally ran a 13.36 @ 106 mph. Not too bad for about $800 worth of mods and an afternoon of work. The whole time the car remained bone stock on the outside except for the 4" stainless tip on the exhaust. I searched high and low for a performance import exhaust that kept a stock sized tip or close to it and couldn't. In the end I was surprised at what that TSi could do for the little money I had in it but my curiosity had been satisfied so I sold it. Even though the car put down a pretty good number, listening to a 4-cylinder buzz at 6500RPM just didn't give me the goosebumps my 540hp 327 spinning at 8000RPM did. I respect imports done right but I just can't get into them. This is the only picture I got of it...

kawasaki_ridah
12-19-2004, 12:18 PM
Someone who said that imports would never have more power than a v-8 you are so stupid its not even funny a z28 has ike 287 hp so does a 350 z a supra tt has 320 and i have seen alot of crxs and civics run in the 8's in the 1/4 mile

Butters
12-19-2004, 12:46 PM
Even though I'm busting chops a little in this thread I do respect the guys that genuinely build these cars with performance in mind. But, like some already said, it's the 16 year old punks with the body kits and japanese symbols on a Saturn that annoy me. Hell, for about a year I owned a '92 TSi AWD. My cousin bought a 1994 Anal Probe, I mean, Ford Probe and was going to do some work to it. I figured what the hell, let's see what these 4-cylinders can do so I went out and bought that Talon. When I bought it it had 106k miles on it and was bone stock. I put a Centerforce DF clutch in it because the stocker was mushy on launches, Buschur Racing 2.5" cat-back, Hallman manual boost controller, straight pipe, hacked the air can and a K&N. Upped the boost to 16psi on the stock 14b turbo and headed to the track on stock wheels wrapped with Kelly-Springfield rubber. After messing around getting the launches down a little I finally ran a 13.36 @ 106 mph. Not too bad for about $800 worth of mods and an afternoon of work. The whole time the car remained bone stock on the outside except for the 4" stainless tip on the exhaust. I searched high and low for a performance import exhaust that kept a stock sized tip or close to it and couldn't. In the end I was surprised at what that TSi could do for the little money I had in it but my curiosity had been satisfied so I sold it. Even though the car put down a pretty good number, listening to a 4-cylinder buzz at 6500RPM just didn't give me the goosebumps my 540hp 327 spinning at 8000RPM did. I respect imports done right but I just can't get into them. This is the only picture I got of it...

yeah i like sleepers. cars that look stock, but they haul ***. i wish my accord did.

quadrcr161
12-19-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by kawasaki_ridah
Someone who said that imports would never have more power than a v-8 you are so stupid its not even funny a z28 has ike 287 hp so does a 350 z a supra tt has 320 and i have seen alot of crxs and civics run in the 8's in the 1/4 mile

youve seen a civic and a civic run 8's in the 1/4 mile? i highly dout it since the world record holding FWD 4cyl was a tube chassie saturn that is lisa Kubo's and its runs the 1/4 around 8's but i think they broke into the 7's, not sure. most NA drag cars run 10's maybe quicker but im not real sure. most highly built street cars runs 11's in the 1/4.

kawasaki_ridah
12-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
youve seen a civic and a civic run 8's in the 1/4 mile? i highly dout it since the world record holding FWD 4cyl was a tube chassie saturn that is lisa Kubo's and its runs the 1/4 around 8's but i think they broke into the 7's, not sure. most NA drag cars run 10's maybe quicker but im not real sure. most highly built street cars runs 11's in the 1/4.

they are in the 7's lisa kubo ran in the 7's at nopi in bristol tenn over the summer, and there were civcs and crxs there running in the 8's

BlazingYamahaYz
12-19-2004, 02:21 PM

Sweet...I envy you...you had the awd turbo...*drools*

bansheeguy77
12-19-2004, 02:28 PM
this thread is filled with a lot of knowledge and a lot of people who think they know what they are talking about and dont :blah:

personally i think that is too much for a car with 120k, but im sure if you wanted to sell you could get close to 4k back out of it. do what ya want man its your car. me PERSONALLY would look into an 80's or early 90s v8 camaro. ya can get a nice one with decent miles for 4k.
a wrx and evo are very fast ricers. i dont have respect for very many civics or hondas for that matter. supras, rx7's, wrx, evo, skyline, talon tsi and eclipse gsx about do the list for me. i drove a brand new 05 civic and was expecting a little kick. i felt nothing except a bumble bee motor. honestly my 93 cavalier with 115k miles would give it a run for its money. they felt about equal on power.
so in closing if you are diehard import and want an import then go for it. but if you are concerned about actually having a decently fast car keep searching. you wouldnt believe what ya could find for 4k in time :chinese:

kawasaki_ridah
12-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Sweet...I envy you...you had the awd turbo...*drools*

i have drove a gst it was pretty fast but it was in aweful condition any way i raced a gsx at the dragstip and pulled him by about 2 or 3 cars haha i thought they were faster than that, i think the gt and gts will blow them away i only get a gts with an intake and catback by about a car length

quadrcr161
12-19-2004, 06:48 PM
they are in the 7's lisa kubo ran in the 7's at nopi in bristol tenn over the summer, and there were civcs and crxs there running in the 8's

were street cars runing 8's? or tubbed chassie drag cars? most streetable cars ive seen were running 10's. if you dump anough money into anything it can be fast.

mainly its all what you want and how deep your pockets are, if you want a fast import, you can have one, if you want a mustang to race autox with, its possible. almost anycar with any kind of aftermarket support can be a really fun car, just have to ask yourself, is this what i want and do i really want to drop this much money on this.

BlazingYamahaYz
12-19-2004, 08:54 PM
i have drove a gst it was pretty fast but it was in aweful condition any way i raced a gsx at the dragstip and pulled him by about 2 or 3 cars haha i thought they were faster than that, i think the gt and gts will blow them away i only get a gts with an intake and catback by about a car length

Are you the person that got their mom's 3g eclipse? I thought I saw a thread here about that. Anyways, yea I believe that a stock 3g eclipse with a v6 puts out around the same hp as a 1g or 2g gsx. I think it was at Mitsubishi's site that I found that info.

CRE Performance
12-19-2004, 08:57 PM
He is correct, there were civics running 8's, of coarse with tube chassis and such. However, you damn sure didnt see a bunch of them, only a handfull on ESPN or RicerVision.

On another note, this member that just stated that I was stupid for saying an import will not run with domestics.......You are a true poster child for ignorance in the automotive field. If you compare apples to apples, there is not an import on the planet that will catch a domestic apple for apple. Please, by all means show me an instance where it does. Ultimately, even to date I have yet to see a tube chassis import with a fart can and a body kit even come close to John Force or any of the other funny car drivers. I have yet to see an import with a stock chassis run 6.90's on the 1/4 like a highly restricted NMRA SSO mustang will. I have yet to see any naturally aspirated import of any type run in the mid to low 6's in the 1/4 with a Pro Stock car. Its not gonna happen. However, if you would like to continue spewing sheeot about this, ill gladly argue with you;) I dont know much about cars but I can probably grab something outta my bag from 12 years of race engine building for many professional racers.:confused:

400EX_Kid_03
12-20-2004, 12:32 AM
On another note, this member that just stated that I was stupid for saying an import will not run with domestics.......You are a true poster child for ignorance in the automotive field.

I belive he meant stock to stock... or apples to apples as you were to put it...

Stock to stock...
acccording to
http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html

Lets take a completely Stock 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8 rated at 271HP, it can run a 13.4 1/4mile... thats faster than:

1984 Ford Mustang SVO
1985 Ford Mustang GT
1987 Ford Mustang GT
1988 Ford Mustang GT 6
1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
1991 Ford Mustang GT
1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
1993 Ford Mustang Cobra
1993 Ford Mustang GT (auto)
1994 Ford Mustang Cobra
1994 Ford Mustang GT
1995 Ford Mustang 3.8
1995 Ford Mustang Cobra R
1996 Ford Mustang Cobra
1998 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT
1999 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT
1999 Ford Mustang Convertible V6
1999 Ford Mustang GT
2001 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT

1996 Ford Saleen S351R Speedster
2000 Ford Saleen S281 Supercharged

1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS-350
1972 Chevrolet Camaro Budget GT
1972 Chevrolet Camaro Luxury GT
1972 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
1974 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
1975 Chevrolet Camaro 350
1975 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1982 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
1983 Chevrolet Camaro
1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 H.O.
1984 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta
1985 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta
1985 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z28
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z L98
1988 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
1990 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
1990 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
1992 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
1993 Chevrolet Camaro V-6
1993 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Conv.
1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3800
1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS
1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS
(Thats every camaro listed by the way)

1957 Chevrolet Corvette
1965 Chevrolet Corvette
1967 Chevrolet Corvette L71
1968 Chevrolet Corvette 327
1968 Chevrolet Corvette 427
1970 Chevrolet Corvette 427
1975 Chevrolet Corvette 350
1976 Chevrolet Corvette 350
1977 Chevrolet Corvette
1979 Chevrolet Corvette L82
1980 Chevrolet Corvette L82
1982 Chevrolet Corvette
1984 Chevrolet Corvette
1985 Chevrolet Corvette
1986 Chevrolet Corvette
1986 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
1988 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
1988 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
1990 Chevrolet Corvette
1991 Chevrolet Corvette L98
1991 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster
1992 Chevrolet Corvette LT1
1992 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1
1993 Chevrolet Corvette LT1
1993 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1
1994 Chevrolet Corvette LT1(auto)
1995 Chevrolet Corvette LT1
1998 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

1974 Pontiac GTO 350ci
2004 Pontiac GTO LS1
1973 Pontiac Firebird 455ci
1974 Pontiac Firebird 400ci
1975 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 400
1975 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 455
1977 Pontiac Firebird Formula 302
1978 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
1980 Pontiac Firebird Turbo Trans Am
1983 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
1984 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am HO
1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA (auto)
1988 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA
1989 Pontiac 20th Anniv. Trans Am
1991 Pontiac Firebird Formula
1991 Pontiac Trans Am Conv.
1993 Pontiac Firebird Firehawk
1993 Pontiac Firebird Formula
1993 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
1994 Pontiac Firebird Formula
1995 Pontiac SLP Firehawk
1995 Pontiac Firebird Formula
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
1996 Pontiac Firebird Formula
1998 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Not to mention these other few IMPORTS that can run a 13.4 or LESS to be faster than all of these american muscle cars...

1997 Acura NSX-T - 13.3 1/4 mile
2002 Acura NSX - 13.4 1/4 mile
2004 Subaru WRX Sti - 13.2 1/4 mile
1993 Toyota Supra Turbo - 13.4 1/4 mile
1989 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R - 13.0 1/4 mile

Out_Sider
12-20-2004, 12:37 AM
i never really understood people putting lots of money in import cars.. i've always wanted one just to play around with and leave completely stock, hell my brothers 87 civic hatchback is a fun little car to drive around even tho its slower than hell, lol, it feels fast when you're driving it, but then you look at the speedo and you're like.. wtf?? haha, not saying all imports are like this but i think they definatly feel faster than they really are.

CRE Performance
12-20-2004, 06:45 AM
One problem I see with your list there is the fact that after looking over it, you left out many many domestics it didnt outrun. On top of that, all these cars are tested on street tires and you chose one of the only AWD cars to compare them to. Put them all on slicks where traction and environment are evened out and the little EVO will have his *** handed to him. On another note, you can just about take half that garbage youll find off the internet and magazines about 1/4 times and such and throw them away, most of it was bias toward one side or the other when written and published. I have been around the drag strip for the last 15 years every weekend, rarely missing one. Therefore I can tell you, I see all kinds of cars that come out and I see the ones that are suppposed to perform fall to cars from the basic lineup. In other words, I have seen many EVO's in factory trim and not be able to break past high nines, then you even see many STi's that wont even get out of the nines period. This my friend, doesnt equate close to a 13.4 in the 1/4. I dont go by what I read in any magazine or article, anything you here me say is becasue I seen it, first hand.

400EX_Kid_03
12-20-2004, 07:03 AM
One problem I see with your list there is the fact that after looking over it, you left out many many domestics it didnt outrun. On top of that, all these cars are tested on street tires

But like I stated on the top of my post is that I am saying STOCK to STOCK... not street tire this, race tire that... blah blah... straight BONE STOCK!
And I also said that this is just ONE example of a car that can outrun THESE domestics... proving my point that they can compete with american muscle... i never said that they can outrun ALL american cars... thats why I didnt list them... I was showing it can compete with them... and alot of them!

Yes I know alot of the 1/4 times you read on the net are not perfect... because they will vary EVERY race.. but all I am showing, is that STOCK imports can compete with STOCK domestics... and that showed it... even if the times are off by a couple of tenths...

CRE Performance
12-20-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by 400EX_Kid_03
I belive he meant stock to stock... or apples to apples as you were to put it...

Also, if he was reffering stock to stock, he shouldnt have pulled those 8 second civics out of his ***. So it looks to me like I did an adequate comparison.:eek:

BTW, If im not mistaken, and im not, a 1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt still holds the factory record for 1/4 time for any factory production car. Take in essence the word production, this doesnt mean any 1 off factory ferraris or others. As far as that goes, it pretty much covered those too.

underpowered
12-20-2004, 07:44 AM
When are you boys going to stop playing with those little toys. Get some real cars. I used to drive an import, but then i woke up and bought into some real power. My TRUCK has more powerer with all motor than your little car could ever think of having with a turbo and all that other junk.

FLmxR911
12-20-2004, 10:08 AM
www.ricecop.com

SHANE03EX
12-20-2004, 04:16 PM
Your truck may have more power but alot of these cars would probably beat you in the 1/4. Trucks with power can rarley get it to the ground. I am by no means a rice lover. I drive a 96 eclipse rs, all stock, but my garage queen in a 1980 camaro with a 350 out of a 79 z-28. The cam blows the doors off the eclipse, but when work is 30 miles away one way I like the 30 mile per gallon. Also to the guy with the list of imports that beats all the american cars. I agree with the 1/4 times and how fast they are. But its funny that all those cars are turbo charged. If you ran 15-30 psi of boost into some of those american cars they would be way faster. The main difference is the forced induction, also the AWD.
But stock, yes those ricers are pretty fast.

400EX_Kid_03
12-20-2004, 06:56 PM
Now dont get me wrong... I am not like a anti-domestic person! I love american cars... lots of power. I dont want you to think I am going against you, I am just trying to show that some Imports can hang with Domestics.... thats all... I am not saying they are better, I am just going back to the first point that was made... Your all right... a beefed up camaro or TA will by all means put out more ponys than any import out there... So I am not disagreeing with you completely! I am just saying, some stock imports will run with quite a few stock domestic "muscle" cars....

thats all... I am out for the rest of this one..
peace

kawasaki_ridah
12-20-2004, 09:54 PM
Are you the person that got their mom's 3g eclipse? I thought I saw a thread here about that. Anyways, yea I believe that a stock 3g eclipse with a v6 puts out around the same hp as a 1g or 2g gsx. I think it was at Mitsubishi's site that I found that info.

nah i wanted a 3rd gen eclipse i have a 03 svt focus with the mods listed below i ran a 15.3 at the local drag i think i could do better with traction!

Chef
12-20-2004, 10:02 PM
nah i wanted a 3rd gen eclipse i have a 03 svt focus with the mods listed below i ran a 15.3 at the local drag i think i could do better with traction!

Wow, running a 15.3 and having traction issues...that takes some major skill! :eek2: