PDA

View Full Version : Design Program

Chanman420q
12-16-2004, 08:05 PM
Is there anything out there like auto cad, but a little more simpler? these programs like autocad and photo shop arent something u can like just fool with and know what your doing, you gotta like be taught it. ANyone know of anything a little bit more simpler

Quad18star
12-16-2004, 08:11 PM
I used to have a program on my computer to design homes with , but don't got it anymore . Auto CAD is quite simple .... once you start learning it . I got a book I can sell you ... ;) barely used . :p It's my old book from College .... I knew everything ... right up until 3d stuff started getting in the mix . Then I gave up . :(

Ralph
12-16-2004, 08:16 PM
im taught myself all about photoshop and im still learning more every day. Just play in photoshop and u will eventualy pick it up

DAB516
12-16-2004, 08:29 PM
Depends what you want to do and how well you want it to be done.

DAB516
12-16-2004, 08:31 PM
A good house making program that is easy and has many functions from noob to expert is 3d Home Architect

ZSK
12-16-2004, 08:36 PM
I was just going to type that in. :) Works great and it's simple to use.

SRH
12-16-2004, 08:46 PM
i use ms paint, cad is easy it doesnt get much simpler than that

Tommy 17
12-16-2004, 09:45 PM
cadd is a joke for me anymore... i got a 104% in my college cadd class:blah:

spincr4hire
12-17-2004, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
cadd is a joke for me anymore...

depends what system you are running. Autocad is a joke compared to SDRC I-Deas. Its one of the top 3-D packages out there and what I use at work.

JLanphear
12-17-2004, 03:31 PM
There are more basic Versions of cadd....You can probably go to Walmart or Staples or somewhere that sells application programs and pick up a cheap copy of something.

I haven't used cadd for a while....I was an expert with Release 12, which was on Dos and you had to type every single command....no clicky clicky.....I had a newer version and it was a lot different.....took me a while to get used to it.

As far as photo editing....my recommendation is learn on photoshop if you can.....it may take a while to get it, but once you do, it will pay off. I learned on Paint Shop Pro, and it's nowhere near as good as photoshop, and now when I try to do photoshop stuff I'm even more confused than if I'd never touched a graphics program in my life.

If you NEEEEEEED a different program besides photoshop, go to www.jasc.com (i think that is what it is) and download the paint shop pro demo.

Ralph
12-17-2004, 03:34 PM
photoshop is fun

JLanphear
12-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
photoshop is fun

i have a project for you if you get bored

Ralph
12-17-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by JLanphear
i have a project for you if you get bored

i wish i could be bored sometime, im always doing something in photoshop for someone. Im always interested in making a little piece of change so e-mail me if u need to get something done.

Ralph

Warnerade
12-17-2004, 04:24 PM
cad is a sinch, ive only been studying it for 1 semester, and im starting to figure out 3d drawings on my own...

i dunno wtf i wanna be...a machinest..or the guy that draws the blueprints...both are fun

chucked
12-17-2004, 05:35 PM
for you cad guys try PRO-E , IT IS HELL!!!!!

JLanphear
12-18-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
cad is a sinch, ive only been studying it for 1 semester, and im starting to figure out 3d drawings on my own...

i dunno wtf i wanna be...a machinest..or the guy that draws the blueprints...both are fun

I'd go mechanical.....seems like everybody and their brother can draw up house designs.

Warnerade
12-18-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by JLanphear
I'd go mechanical.....seems like everybody and their brother can draw up house designs. not the house blueprints, i meant bluepringts for machining parts in a machine shop.

im in a school right now studying machine trades, and i have to take a mandotory blueprint class, wich is on cad..to learn how to make them, to understand the prints better

JLanphear
12-18-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
not the house blueprints, i meant bluepringts for machining parts in a machine shop.

im in a school right now studying machine trades, and i have to take a mandotory blueprint class, wich is on cad..to learn how to make them, to understand the prints better

ohhhhhhhh gotcha