PDA

View Full Version : Which tires?

killed300ex
12-16-2004, 05:24 PM
Ok i am looking for some new rear tires in a 20x11x10 or 22x11x10 or something around there. I ride in just about every conditon around mud loose sand hard pack feilds everything. I need a good alaround tire. I want something that will last a decent amoutn fo time to. I was looking at pure sport bandits but i am concerned on the weight i dont want something that is going to weigh alot ond rob lots of power. What does everyone suggest? I am really open i was also eyeying the new holeshot hd and maxis razor 1's i am just looking for some input. thanks
Evan

12-16-2004, 05:48 PM
mxr4 19" tall 10" wide and the only reason i say that is because IMO aftermarket tires over 20" look retarded and they only weigh 5.4 pounds hd's r rly rly heavy:scary:

killed300ex
12-16-2004, 06:23 PM
i really dont want to go down to a 19inch tire. stock the wheeler already came with a 22 so i think a 20 is small enough but thanks for the idea
Evan

TC426EX
12-16-2004, 08:36 PM
If you do riding in all conditions you will want to run a 20" rear tire over a 22". The 20" out perform the 22's in every aspect except the 22's are a little better in super slop. They just have a little extra ground clearance thats all. The majority of people run 20's. Are the pure sports bandits the ones that look like paddle tires? if they are, then dont get em they friggin suck! If you went with something like the Razr 2 or the Holeshot HD that would probably be the best option for you. The reason being that even though they are 20" tires, they have super aggressive tread patterns and actualy come out to be a tad taller than 20" at least it seems. I know the razr's wear slow and bite in everything and I have heard good things as well about the holeshots so I would reccomend either of those 2. They are a little more expensive, but they will last a very long time...

hondaex03
12-17-2004, 03:20 PM
I would not recomend razr 2 on hard surface, they are good tires though. You might want to look at Klaws or Razrs. I have both and they do great, also klaws are reversable for hard or loose surfaces.