PDA

View Full Version : east coast atv or jrd

xander1027
12-16-2004, 05:16 PM
ive been riding a yfz450 for about a year now and i want to start racing. the two places im thinking about getting my quad ready for mx racing are east coast atv and jrd. so im asking which is better and or another place i could go. i also live in new jersey so nothing that far away

diangelo#67
12-16-2004, 06:23 PM
I don't really care for the gibson atv parts. jrd is great stuff there is another place if there still in conn. is walsh their stuff is mint:D also depending on how much money you're gonna spend is how you get the good prices:blah:

Out_Sider
12-17-2004, 09:11 AM
i've always liked Gibson parts, but JRD is also top notch, and walsh is probably gonna be a expensive, but its all in what you want.. you can get JRD w/ PEP shocks or Elka, or you can go with Gibson w/ Axis or Elka.. my advice would be go either axis or pep

QuAdEr 317
12-17-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
i've always liked Gibson parts, but JRD is also top notch, and walsh is probably gonna be a expensive, but its all in what you want.. you can get JRD w/ PEP shocks or Elka, or you can go with Gibson w/ Axis or Elka.. my advice would be go either axis or pep

you can get JRD wit pep,elka, or axis

JACZ400
12-17-2004, 01:25 PM
U could also get Jrd and have the swingarm carrier break off the rest of the swingarm like what happened to wimmer at the 12 hours!

JRDrider22
12-17-2004, 02:07 PM
JRD has top of the line stuff. they are also cheaper than ECA. i personally like to deal with Joe,(jrd) then i do with dave gibson. id go with jrd

QuAdEr 317
12-17-2004, 08:46 PM
what was wrong wit ur jrd products?

popo
12-18-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by JACZ400
U could also get Jrd and have the swingarm carrier break off the rest of the swingarm like what happened to wimmer at the 12 hours!

That was a JB racing swing arm. The 12hr photo coverage shows it.

Hammer trx450r
12-18-2004, 01:57 PM

nothin like passing bad info that could really hurt a product. Those guys are great and ther stuf is bullet proof

NTPRacing#19
12-18-2004, 02:28 PM
walsh..... nothin else to say

12-18-2004, 03:57 PM
walsh is moving to FL. in Jan.

QuAdEr 317
12-18-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
nothin like passing bad info that could really hurt a product. Those guys are great and ther stuf is bullet proof

i agree i think their stuff is bullet proof........i mean theres not one product that can not be broken if it is abused enough nothings perfect and unbreakable

pgregg85
12-18-2004, 04:31 PM

It wasn't a JRD swingarm that broke, get your facts straight before you go and bash a company like that.

Jrd makes great products at affordable prices. Call and talk to Joe he will take care of you.

joedirt
12-19-2004, 12:23 PM
I've had bought 3 things off of JRD and all had problems before the end of the race season. You might of had great luck with them but I didn't I will never buy JRD again. Good luck to you with your JRD products. Poor tolerences, weren't jigged up right, and need to heve better quality control. That sounds like a great bullet proof product. I've had much better luck with Gibson and the guys at ECATV. Does Wimmer and Natalie complain about Gibson? There performance showcases there products.

Hammer trx450r
12-19-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by joedirt
I've had bought 3 things off of JRD and all had problems before the end of the race season. You might of had great luck with them but I didn't I will never buy JRD again. Good luck to you with your JRD products. Poor tolerences, weren't jigged up right, and need to heve better quality control. That sounds like a great bullet proof product. I've had much better luck with Gibson and the guys at ECATV. Does Wimmer and Natalie complain about Gibson? There performance showcases there products.

Are u putting yourself in the same catagory as Natalie and Wimmer? And since your the first one to complain what were the 3 things and what were the cercumstances?

diangelo#67
12-19-2004, 12:52 PM
their proformance shows off the rider. some non pro friends i know really didn't like the handling of their gibson stuff but enough bashing every bodys stuff it's all what you the rider is comfortable with:devil: :blah:

NTPRacing#19
12-19-2004, 01:01 PM
walsh has put off moving florida so many times, me and a friend are gonna start putting bets on when they move lol

QuAdEr 317
12-19-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by diangelo#67
their proformance shows off the rider. some non pro friends i know really didn't like the handling of their gibson stuff but enough bashing every bodys stuff it's all what you the rider is comfortable with:devil: :blah:

True ride what you like and feel the best with

joedirt
12-19-2004, 02:29 PM
Are YOU JRD since you are sticking up for them so much! Saying goes what wins on Sunday sells on Monday.Radiator didn't fit had to cut and grind to make it fit on a stock Laeger replacement. Swing-arm carrier housing to big carrier would never tighten properly. Also the housing for the carrier was over to much to the left chain not running straight, chain guide never fit. Lower A-arms housing that holds ball joint in bored out too much bearing was not a press fit moved around by hand. It's all what you are comfortable with and I wasn't comfortable with running that stuff.

JRDrider22
12-19-2004, 03:05 PM
sounds to me like you dont know how to handle your stuff. okay, so one person out of many have problems..big whoop. ive been to ecatv. how many subframe do you think dustin wimmer or natilie go through in one season. how many parts do you think they go through. jrd has came out with a 6 point subframe that is the best out there right now. dave gibson said he doesnt want to make one and he's going to keep running stock. no one knows what goes on behind the scenes of pro riders. joe (jrd) is a great person to deal with.

and also, wow one person has had problems. it seems like joe dirt is the only guy as of now to not like jrd.

Gabriel Racing
12-19-2004, 03:19 PM
i wouldnt say JRD has the only " best " 6 point subframe out there.

Have you tried Walshes?
Lsr's?
and Herrmann i believe is coming out with one.

not every company is perfect, of course there going to have problems wiht the parts, and if the company was a responsible one, and has a nice custom servie, they would send you a new part, or try to fix your problem.

and i know Walsh's subframes are tough as nails, i have a whole walsh 250r and have not had one problem wiht it this season, but ive blown my motor,clutches, but not one thing wrong with the products,

same with on our Herrmann Racing trx450r.

also some people we know are more than happy with there JRD products, and me personally they look bullet proof,

its all on riders chose.

NTPRacing#19
12-19-2004, 03:29 PM
i just wanna get this off my chest. its funny how companies see one thing and copy it. Walsh was the first with the 6 point and 4 mount upper a arm systems for the yfz. Also the Savior rearend for the TRX and now almost every company has them. and people say that a copy of the original is better than the original. walsh was the first.

joedirt
12-19-2004, 09:39 PM
JRDrider22 the point is they should never let anything like that get out of the door let alone 3 things. AND yes big whoop when I spend my F'N hard earned money on something that doesn't fit right. As for handling my stuff, this is all bolting it on not racing and this $hit happening. Your parents my be rich and get you whatever you want but I bust my ***** for everything I get. Your sponsored by them hell your probably related to them that may be why your so one sided. When ever you have to grind ,cut, mill or weld something new to make it fit that shouldn't be and that's not right. I'm just letting people know what is up they can listen to me or not. I don't care what you think of me or my thoughts I'm responding to someone's thread and I want to give my opinion.

Dave400ex
12-19-2004, 09:47 PM
Just get a Laeger T-Pin, tried and trued for many years. Walsh would be my other choice.

joedirt
12-19-2004, 09:53 PM
like Dave400ex said go with tried and trued

Hammer trx450r
12-20-2004, 04:06 AM
like Dave400ex said go with tried and trued

What did JRD do about your problems? Did u bring it to there attention, and what did they say? And where are the parts now? What bike are we talking about?

QuAdEr 317
12-20-2004, 05:35 AM
about the 6 pt subframe....i heard from most brands u have to tact mounts or sumtin similiar not too sure but i think jrds bolts up directly might be easier for sum1 who doesnt wled

joedirt
12-20-2004, 11:30 AM
All my parts where for a 250r. Everything went to the scrape yard. This was awhile ago they might of changed by then. Good luck with what ever you choose.

Hammer trx450r
12-20-2004, 02:46 PM
All my parts where for a 250r. Everything went to the scrape yard. This was awhile ago they might of changed by then. Good luck with what ever you choose.

:huh :eek2:

Hammer trx450r
12-20-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by QuAdEr 317
about the 6 pt subframe....i heard from most brands u have to tact mounts or sumtin similiar not too sure but i think jrds bolts up directly might be easier for sum1 who doesnt wled
I've heard the same, i think its for the YZF

JRDrider22
12-20-2004, 03:56 PM
yep its for the yfz. all you have to do is bolt it right up.

joedirt

im not related,my parents arent rich, my parents done give me what ever i want, i worked for my stuff to. im fricken 14 years old and i spent about 2,500 in my own money from working. have you ever thought of that the parts you bought, were only for a jrd frame, or a jrd swingarm? wat swingarm did you have when you broke the carrier?

eca400
12-21-2004, 05:57 AM
wimmer -same stock subframe on both his bikes all year ,no problems

attix -same stock subframe on both his bikes all year ,no problem

natalie-no problems with stock subframes all year ,,,we did put the walsh on his race bike towards the end of year to try it out ,no problems either way.

set your bike up right and you should have no problems.

jlhughes750
12-21-2004, 07:47 AM
I am more than happy with my GIBSON YFZ parts.....

I used the GIBSON XC frt. end on the YFZ for racing harescrambles and XC and it worked great!! We also used the Gibson parts in the 6 hours of Rausch and on the honda in the 12 Hours of America!!!!!!

jlhughes750
12-21-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by JRDrider22

im not related,my parents arent rich, my parents done give me what ever i want, i worked for my stuff to. im fricken 14 years old and i spent about 2,500 in my own money from working. have you ever thought of that the parts you bought, were only for a jrd frame, or a jrd swingarm? wat swingarm did you have when you broke the carrier?

FYI........first impressions can mean alot!!!! Mr. JoeDirt got some sketchy parts, I saw it first hand!!!!He is one of the most experienced racers and builders that I know and has built countless race machines and spent a lifetime of $ doint it!!! He did not abuse the parts or install them wrong!!, They were made poorly and were not checked for fit before leaving the builder!!!Period...this was years ago and there products may have changed since then, but like I said first impressions can mean alot!!!!!!!!! I have no reason to say anything bad against anybodys products(notice I never mentioned their name!!) I just wanted to give my 2 cents and back a friend (JoeDirte') so know one starts blasting the flame thrower around here!!!

ex kid
12-21-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
FYI........first impressions can mean alot!!!! Mr. JoeDirt got some sketchy parts, I saw it first hand!!!!He is one of the most experienced racers and builders that I know and has built countless race machines and spent a lifetime of $ doint it!!! He did not abuse the parts or install them wrong!!, They were made poorly and were not checked for fit before leaving the builder!!!Period...this was years ago and there products may have changed since then, but like I said first impressions can mean alot!!!!!!!!! I have no reason to say anything bad against anybodys products(notice I never mentioned their name!!) I just wanted to give my 2 cents and back a friend (JoeDirte') so know one starts blasting the flame thrower around here!!!

i deff. agree. joedirt has probably been building and racing quads since before you were born. he knows the good and bad about them all, inside and out.

JrdSHIFT450r
12-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Never had a Problem with my jrd parts geat guys to deal with they help me out every way they can

Very supportive to me at the nationals also

quad_45
12-28-2004, 09:58 AM
I have never used either, but next year I am going to be racing with a Gibson Front end. I really like dealing with Matt from ECATV. I would say do your research on all your options, call around, and make your own decision. Good Luck!

rollie
12-28-2004, 01:21 PM
ive never ran any of these setups but if i where going to and i had the money i would deff go with WALSH...there productsare awsome quality and hes a real nice guy to talk to...JMO

muff
12-29-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
jrd has came out with a 6 point subframe that is the best out there right now.

and also, wow one person has had problems. it seems like joe dirt is the only guy as of now to not like jrd.

thats funny, I only see like 2 guys here that is sticking up for jrd :huh

just because only 1 guy on here noticed the problems, doesnt mean much. who's saying that the rest of the people who bought their products we're mechanically inclined enough to notice the flaws

is it much easier to copy other people's ideas and "jump on the bandwagon" I'm not saying having many aftermarket companies is bad, but when they're stealing other peoples designs in attempt to make some loot for themselves, it is not right. Take a look at some pictures below.

Yes, JRD does make some nice billet stuff, I'll give them credit for that, but thats about as far as I'll go complementing them until they can come up with something innovative, on their own.

I dont know how many times on here I have heard, "go with JRD, they're the same as the Roll but cheaper" :rolleyes:
Roll Design: (400ex)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid109/p6c50dd5b2338fdce9fee5036c3b85af8/f927c6a5.jpg

JRD: (400ex)
http://jrdmech.com/pix/400ex-and-250R-+1-and-+2-A-.jpg

JRDrider22
12-29-2004, 11:36 AM
here muff, heres a pic of jrd 400. your pic just has an x in the box
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/Jrdrider22/joeysquad2.jpg

JRDrider22
12-29-2004, 11:37 AM
thatd odd..now it shows up

gibson400ex
12-29-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by NTPRacing#19
i just wanna get this off my chest. its funny how companies see one thing and copy it. Walsh was the first with the 6 point and 4 mount upper a arm systems for the yfz. Also the Savior rearend for the TRX and now almost every company has them. and people say that a copy of the original is better than the original. walsh was the first.

i agree walsh was the first one with a 6 point subframe and savior rear end, now your seeing lsr coming out with 6 point subframes, holz racing now has the rear end exactly like walsh, and basically all holz is in someway alike to walsh.

Hammer trx450r
12-29-2004, 12:34 PM
Atleast they aren't copying Eyeball a-arms!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

muff
12-30-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
Atleast they aren't copying Eyeball a-arms!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

:p :uhoh:

ProAmmxer428
01-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Go with what ever you want maintaning product is how you keep things lasting a fulll season. I have delt and rode for Joe in the past and my experiences wernt upstanding there is 0% of field testing on the products look how often you see broken JRD stuff at the nationals. I dont know what class your running but when you run pro-am a cheap product that breaks doesnt make up for DNF's and loosing pusre money. Take a look at Pat Brown FORMER JRD rider Donny Lamborn Former JRD rider the only rider joe has left is Don Lysinger and even he had to get a secondary support sponsor.

Thanks to my sponsors
Walsh, PEP, Donnelson Cycles, Atco, Fullbore, TC racing, Mom and Dad