PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust & Engine Info

4LEAFCLOVER
12-16-2004, 10:07 AM
I need to know what other mods do I need to do to my motor once I get my Sparks T-6 Full Exhaust. I've been reading in alot of different forums that I'm going to have to change the stock piston out and get a high compression piston to get the full performance out of my exhaust combined with the HRC kit . I already have the HRC kit and I'm getting the Sparks exhaust next. I ride mostly for fun but sometimes I might trail ride and drag race. Just need to know what more will I have to do to my bike's motor once I get this exhaust to make it HAUL ***!!! Thanks for any inputs.

chad502ex
12-16-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by 4LEAFCLOVER
I need to know what other mods do I need to do to my motor once I get my Sparks T-6 Full Exhaust. I've been reading in alot of different forums that I'm going to have to change the stock piston out and get a high compression piston to get the full performance out of my exhaust combined with the HRC kit . I already have the HRC kit and I'm getting the Sparks exhaust next. I ride mostly for fun but sometimes I might trail ride and drag race. Just need to know what more will I have to do to my bike's motor once I get this exhaust to make it HAUL ***!!! Thanks for any inputs.

depending on how much your interested in spending, I'd go with NMotion 520 kit first, or high compression piston kit second after installing the exhaust- of coarse.

chad502ex.com

RedRacer44
12-16-2004, 12:23 PM
If you have the $$$ and the access to race fuel, go with the JE 13:1 piston! It will bring your quad to life and make it RIP! It's a 3-ring piston too so as long as you run race fuel, it will be just as reliable as your stock piston. You can get away with running a 50/50 mix of race gas and premium too if needed, thast what I do at the dunes. The 13:1 piston will be a cheap ($150-$160) gain and I'm serious, it really brings the TRX motor to life.

4LEAFCLOVER
12-16-2004, 12:32 PM
Hey thanks alot for all the inputs on the topic. So as I understand right, all I have to do now is get the Sparks exhaust then get a JE 13:1 piston and run race fuel. Would it be better to get a Sparks piston being that I'm getting their exhaust or should I just get the JE piston 13:1. And upon getting those two things will it hit the rev limit faster? If so what can I do to get a higher rev limit? Thanks again for the help.

RedRacer44
12-16-2004, 12:59 PM
Just get the JE 13:1, it'll be a lot cheaper than buying a Sparks piston. The JE is a lighter piston and with the combination of good jetting, the bike will rev somewhat quicker and have better throttle response, at least mine did. I race MX and I have not had problems of bouncing off the rev limiter. It wouldnt be a bad idea to consider some sort of ignition/rev box but its not truely needed.

I have the JE 13:1 piston, Stage II HotCam, Sparks full exhaust, K&N Filter, and Dyno Jet Kit....quad runs like a champ!

kazpr
12-16-2004, 01:00 PM
Ya the 13:1 piston is a 3 ringer. That is why I went with that rather than the Sparks. I rode redracers bike and the difference was amazing :)