PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard

yfz4life50
12-15-2004, 10:08 PM
The news said this w/e there might be a blizzard thats crazy we hardly ever get good snow here . . . i hope we do. . . and if we do better believe there will be some snow ridin hahaha

Mxjunkie
12-15-2004, 10:14 PM
i herd im suppose to get alota snow sunday-monday i just got my bike rebuilt too it sucks

LazeR
12-15-2004, 11:38 PM
grrr you ppl that get snow make me mad!! I want snow soooooooo bad!

bman9
12-16-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by LazeR
grrr you ppl that get snow make me mad!! I want snow soooooooo bad!

maybe if you want to ride sleds! not quads!

JRDrider22
12-16-2004, 03:59 PM
yea in Nj they said were so post to get snow too... the thing is i hope it snows late sunday night so we can get a lot and off from school to ride.

JR3
12-16-2004, 04:04 PM
joe how much snow we suppose to get

JRDrider22
12-16-2004, 04:11 PM
no idea yet... i heard bout 3 inches by 6 am.... thats when i get the bus so we'll see

JR3
12-16-2004, 04:14 PM
thatd be awsome snow ridin is fun

JRDrider22
12-16-2004, 04:15 PM
yea what the part that sucks is.. i gotta ride the yami 350. i dont care though it gonna be sick nasty

theTman
12-16-2004, 04:25 PM
i love snow...ridin the 400 and snowmobilin....

got me a new sled

94 AC EXT580 mountain cat:)

Quad18star
12-16-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
yea in Nj they said were so post to get snow too... the thing is i hope it snows late sunday night so we can get a lot and off from school to ride.

no idea yet... i heard bout 3 inches by 6 am.... thats when i get the bus so we'll see

Please tell me they wouldn't cancel school for 3 inches of snow . I hope I'm reading that wrong . LOL

JR3
12-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
yea what the part that sucks is.. i gotta ride the yami 350. i dont care though it gonna be sick nasty

i don think the yamaha will make it out of the driveway without breaking down :p

I-7
12-16-2004, 04:30 PM
We are supposed to get a up to a foot here but you never can tell...

400exrules
12-16-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Please tell me they wouldn't cancel school for 3 inches of snow . I hope I'm reading that wrong . LOL

yah were supposed to get about 2-3 inches around sunday-monday, it supposed to sleet and snow and the high is gonna be like 30 sunday :eek2: , its gonna be a hard winter. we never get snow till like late january, IF we get snow that is. we usually get one good snow a year of about 2 inches :(

and by the way quad18star, livin in the south is hilarious when it snows.....my town and every town around here turns into complete chaos when we get a few inches of snow....all schools shut down, all businesses shutdown (except walmart)...and everyone goes and loads up on shovels, chain saws, bottled water, and canned foods cuz they think were havin a d*mn ice age and that were all gonna be froze over or somethin, its hilarious lmfao

JRDrider22
12-16-2004, 04:35 PM
same here...everyone goes nuts. no one is used to it

250rpilot
12-16-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
and by the way quad18star, livin in the south is hilarious when it snows.....my town and every town around here turns into complete chaos when we get a few inches of snow....all schools shut down, all businesses shutdown (except walmart)...and everyone goes and loads up on shovels, chain saws, bottled water, and canned foods cuz they think were havin a d*mn ice age and that were all gonna be froze over or somethin, its hilarious lmfao

it aint only the south dude!!! PA is ridiculous. if they call for 3-6 inches of snow, you can bank on the stores running out of milk and bread, and the gas stations being so packed that NO ONE can get gas, and there are accidents everywhere.

but i ask myself this EVERY year.....if its gonna snow 3-6 inches, and you arent going out in it, WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU NEED TO FILL YOUR GAS TANK????????????

i guess people are just stupid!

Quad18star
12-16-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
yah were supposed to get about 2-3 inches around sunday-monday, it supposed to sleet and snow and the high is gonna be like 30 sunday :eek2: , its gonna be a hard winter. we never get snow till like late january, IF we get snow that is. we usually get one good snow a year of about 2 inches :(

HAHAHA ... Ya man ... I love watching the news and seeing all that kind of stuff ... makes me laugh . I especially laugh when I see everyone stockign up on cases of water and stuff like you said .... but I guess you guys just aren't used to this kind of stuff . I've grown up with it all my life , so I learnt how to drive in it and stuff . I actually took my drivers test in a damn snow storm . ;) But around my area , that would never shut down the schools because of snow .... if they did , I wouldn't have had school from September till May . :blah: The only time they ever shut schools down , was the one year we had severe freezing rain ( I could have skated down the street .... I seen people do it) and the time we had a really severe cold like I mean -40 or colder . I walked to school that day , got frost bitten, got to school to find out the doors were locked ... had to walk back home . :grr:

I-7
12-16-2004, 04:41 PM
Well here we live in the mountains, and schools used to close alot of there was snow on the road because many of the houses are on dirtroads on top of mountains and apartments up steep winding roads and stuff... so we used to get out of school a lot, but recently, our school has been more strict and we have been going to school even with snow.. and we are pretty much used to here... no one gets too crazy about it... and its always fun watching the kids with the civics trying to get to school when its snowing...

Quad18star
12-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by I-7
... and its always fun watching the kids with the civics trying to get to school when its snowing...

I remember the last 2 years of highschool .. I had just gotten my license ... so I drove to school with my Sunfire . Anyways , they hadn't plowed the parking lot at school yet so everyone was plowing through the snow to park ... it snowed all dman day and I swear there was 3 feet of snow with drifts about 7 feet high from blowing off the schools roof . At the end of the day , no one was able to get out of the parking lot . Needless to say , it cost the highschool a good penny to call in the tow truck and pull about 60 cars from the lot . :blah:

250rpilot
12-16-2004, 05:07 PM
and the time we had a really severe cold like I mean -40 or colder . I walked to school that day , got frost bitten, got to school to find out the doors were locked ... had to walk back home . :grr:

they did that to me once too. closed school down at 715, when it was supposed to start at 720. WTF? walked 2 miles in about -20 wind chills only to get turned away. the effin principal was at the door and said "sorry, but you have to walk back home" we were PIZZED!

400ex28
12-16-2004, 05:13 PM
haha nice....

yfz4life50
12-16-2004, 05:17 PM
They told us here its supposed to start saturday and not end til monday and there is supposed to be an unlimited amount of snow. CHEA haha

JUSTINcredible
12-16-2004, 08:11 PM
i remember going though tennesse with my family on our way back from florida a few years ago and i agree, very bad drivers in the south with even the smallest amount of snow, but they're not used to it either so...

most winters we get an inch or 2 of snow and nobody reaqlly can even tell. this winter sucks tho. we had about an inch of snow once but that has long since melted. latley its been either to warm for snow and we get rain or its been to cold, yes it can be to cold for snow.

I-7
12-17-2004, 09:03 AM
They changed the forecast from a blizzard to rain/snow showers for us now :mad: :mad:

MY450R
12-17-2004, 11:53 AM
i hate ppl when we are gonna get snow .they act like frickin retards running around getting all thier suplies so in case they get snowed in they can survive
they act like we are in siberia or something
i get so pissed at the way ppl drive it makes me want to smash into someone
they have to go out just to see if they can do it not because thay have to
"im old and ive been driving for 50 years "
ahh screw you old man get the hell out of my way sorry had to vent

86350x
12-17-2004, 11:59 AM
HAHAHA ... Ya man ... I love watching the news and seeing all that kind of stuff ... makes me laugh . I especially laugh when I see everyone stockign up on cases of water and stuff like you said .... but I guess you guys just aren't used to this kind of stuff . I've grown up with it all my life , so I learnt how to drive in it and stuff . I actually took my drivers test in a damn snow storm . ;) But around my area , that would never shut down the schools because of snow .... if they did , I wouldn't have had school from September till May . :blah: The only time they ever shut schools down , was the one year we had severe freezing rain ( I could have skated down the street .... I seen people do it) and the time we had a really severe cold like I mean -40 or colder . I walked to school that day , got frost bitten, got to school to find out the doors were locked ... had to walk back home . :grr:

lmao!

crday98
12-17-2004, 06:56 PM
you guys are getting excited for nothing. think about this.... if i had a nickel for every time the weather man was right, i might be able to buy a six pack. if i had one for every time he was wrong, i'd be the richest man alive. they can't even predict what it is going to do hours from now half the time let alone what it will do in a few days. last year they talked for days about this big storm that was going to hit. we ended up getting less than 2 inches of snow.
i certainly chose the wrong path as far as jobs go. being a meteorologist (sp?) is the only job where you could f**k up 99% of the time and still have a job the next day.:blah: