PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on best pipe with HRC Kit - Quick responses

mephyst
12-15-2004, 06:13 PM
Hey guys Christmas is right around the corner and I'm going to get a pipe by then. I am still somewhat confused on which pipe to get. I already have an HRC Kit and K&N filter, so which pipe goes best in your opinion with the kit? And for my "riding style", most of my riding takes place in the dunes. Need quick responses please! :D

Thump_It
12-15-2004, 06:25 PM
Get the Sparks if your not worried about Decibal Tickets. I dragged a guy with the Sparks pipe/no cam and he was only a bike length off me, so I would imagine with a cam it would pull me by a hair.....if he's lucky:devil:

mephyst
12-15-2004, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the info, and no I am not really worried about the sound level. And a good thing about Sparks is it is located in Bakersfield, which is not over 2 hours away, so I could get quicker service if I ordered it say tomorrow. More info please! :D

kazpr
12-15-2004, 07:13 PM
I have a sparks big core on order myself right now. I have a sparks cam and a 13:1 piston. Can not wait to get my bike all back together to test this setup!!

WhiteZee
12-15-2004, 07:32 PM
honestly, you really wont beable to tell any diff between glass pack exaust's except how they sound and look. if you want the best exaust, wait untill january an order a pulse charger. www.pulsecharger.net

joedirt
12-15-2004, 08:45 PM
HMF fits like a glove ever time and makes great power too!

GOTIS
12-15-2004, 08:48 PM
from what i have herd i would have to agree with whitezee I have a full Sparks system stainless if your interested!!! I will be going to the Pulsecharger:p

450ar
12-15-2004, 10:19 PM
I like my yoshimura full titanium. Its super light. The fit and finish was awsome. I like how the titanium changes colors. Its a lite blue and the head and fades into this awsome purple haze by the silencer. As far as performance is I dont know cause i havent raced another piped 450r. It added lots of low end.

450ar
12-15-2004, 10:19 PM
I like my yoshimura full titanium. Its super light. The fit and finish was awsome. I like how the titanium changes colors. Its a lite blue and the head and fades into this awsome purple haze by the silencer. As far as performance is I dont know cause i havent raced another piped 450r. It added lots of low end.

culookn
12-15-2004, 11:37 PM
go with a tc racing pipe, lots of low end power and good mid. their crazy loud too.

mephyst
12-16-2004, 07:26 AM
If I'm dragging about 1/4 mile up comp hill wide open throttle aren't I going to want a pipe with more top end? So would that be TC or Sparks? And is the Sparks Big Core worth getting on a stock engine? I don't really have any future plans to do too much engine work.

dn1911
12-17-2004, 11:24 AM
actually the Pulse Charger will pull more up top, than anything.

#1speedbump
12-17-2004, 11:55 AM
A good pipe that isnt gonna break the bank and really compliments the HRC cam is the Dr. D. Partsdirect has the best prices, they sell on ebay every so often.

But yeah the PC is setting the new benchmark. Good thing Mixx has patents on it.