PDA

View Full Version : need help on what i should do when i get out of the navy

St Louis 400ex
12-15-2004, 05:29 PM
i am 21 yrs old and do not feel the military is for me i get out i Jan of 05 my intrest are things that go fast sales and that is about it i know one thing is for sure no labor work i do not have a degree i any thing yet i just do not know what to i should do the navy is giving me $40,000 for school just want ideas thanks

AtvMxRider
12-15-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by St Louis 400ex
i the navy is giving me $40,000 for school just want ideas thanks

Maybe some typing lessons?:huh

LTandRaptorider
12-15-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Maybe some typing lessons?:huh

:D

I hope he wasn't programming launch coordinates in for missle systems! :eek: :eek2: :p

AtvMxRider
12-15-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
:D

I hope he wasn't programming launch coordinates in for missle systems! :eek: :eek2: :p

I was in the Navy and you would be suprised:eek2:

St Louis 400ex
12-15-2004, 06:54 PM
Sorry I guess I typed that Tread out a little fast. what did you do when you got out I am a "AO" and do not care about bombs at all what options do you think i have.

AtvMxRider
12-15-2004, 07:10 PM
Sorry I guess I typed that Tread out a little fast. what did you do when you got out I am a "AO" and do not care about bombs at all what options do you think i have.

I was an "AMH" I am a diesel mechanic now. You can always stay in and switch rates. I didn't care too much for working on planes either.

St Louis 400ex
12-15-2004, 07:16 PM
what does a diesel mechanic make these days.

Dan229
12-15-2004, 07:31 PM
St, Louis. I would suggest you research a college around where you plan to go after you get out and get in school. If you like sales get a business degree. Also, a fraternity wouldn't be a bad idea either. It has a similar feel to the buddy system in the Navy and it helps to get the girls too!

The GI bill should get you a very nice chunk each month as long as you are full time so I really suggest you enroll full time, study hard and make the grades and chase the chicks too! Right now is the best time in your life to get into college. You are still young and hopefully you have enough discipline to study hard and with proper time management you will be hooking up with the ladies and making the grades too!

St Louis 400ex
12-15-2004, 07:45 PM
Hay thanks man i have been looking at that alot a would not mind chasing the girls around one bit

AtvMxRider
12-15-2004, 07:49 PM
what does a diesel mechanic make these days.

No where near enough :ermm:

JD400exrider
12-15-2004, 08:03 PM
I am assuming you are single. At 21 years old and 40,000 being paid to you to go to school. Don't blow the oportunity you have. Buck up and get your ***** in school and in 4-5 years you have a four year degree. It will help you the rest of your life.
No one can answer your question what you should do. If you like sales. Then I aggree with the last post. Get a business degree. I see some people go into the service and come out and do nothing more than what they did when they went in. Others go in. Learn something that they can work in when they get out or get out and take advantage of the school bill and make something out of it. Don't blow the oportunity.

My nephew just got out of the navy two years ago. He is in school and trying to become a fire fighter. Not easy to get hired on. Allot of people want to do the same. He will get on eventually

Good Luck.

Big400EX
12-15-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
No where near enough :ermm:

Get a new job. Dont short change yourself.

derekhonda
12-16-2004, 03:19 AM
Easier said than done. I am sure it is getting the bills paid, but comeon, who wouldnt want more money.

My friend is a diesel mechanic, I don't think he makes great money, but he is happy. He's just learning as much as he can right now, then he hopes to have his own shop, thats where the money is.