PDA

View Full Version : anyone had loose headlight probs on 400ex

Castor-426ex
04-22-2002, 02:13 PM
im not sure how to tighten it, do I have to remove the entire front fender assembly? or will the headlight section come out?
They keep comin loose....and its pissin me off

04-22-2002, 02:18 PM
If your talkin about them rattling and moving back and forth a little it's a common thing. Here's what I did,,if you look down inside the front fender were the lights mount,,you'll see a tab behind the left headlight,,I put duct tape all around that tab were it would seat up against the light,,and now it's sturdy gurdy..:D

Ex'r Marlin
04-22-2002, 02:25 PM
Hey, THANKS RICO!!!! I have been dealing with it for a couple years now!!!!:eek: Now I know what to do!!!:cool: My fix was to put them "Nac's Racing" headlight covers on to keep them from flopping around as much as they do. (My fix works pretty good, until I go to use my headlights):D

Cool, now I have a project for the day, thanks again Rico.

Sparky416ex
04-22-2002, 05:29 PM
Yeah those covers are great!!!

KJS
04-22-2002, 06:41 PM
The lights on the 400 ex are a problem in design. The bolts are metal the head light assembly is plastic. Jumping and hard riding warp the assembly and you can't tighten them down. Take it all apart for a 100% fix . Turn bolts upside down in seats fill in warped area with heavy duty glue let dry overnight. FIXED!!

Castor-426ex
04-22-2002, 09:32 PM
i stripped it down...on the underside of the headlights you see where the two square nuts, go into the little recess.....well when I would screw in the bolts the lights would still be loose...the nut isnt secured in the recess...it should be...thats retarded as ****...so I put some washers on the bolts to help draw up the slack..its tight for now but I know its not gonna last....dammit..looks like Im gonna have to break out the lathe to design sumthin better for it....thnx for the help