PDA

View Full Version : 42D sprocket??

NV300ex
12-15-2004, 10:04 AM
i was thinking about putting different sprockets on my 300ex. it still has the stock sprockets... well i'd gotten a 42D sprocket with a air filter one time.. i know you can run 36-40 on the rear, but a 42???? what would it be used for, and could i actually put it on mine, im pretty new with sprockets but i'd stayed up late last nite looking at the search on the topic.. i know if you drop it down a notch or two in the rear you can go up a notch in front...

can somebody tell me what i would have to do to use this 42 sprocket or just use it for a wall ornament instead...:ermm:

NV300ex
12-15-2004, 09:31 PM
i guess nobody can help me... I'll look around on the internet, maybe i can find somebody that will help me out, some..

YZ400EX
12-16-2004, 01:40 AM
Well a 42T rear sprocket will give you alot more bottom end..I am sure you will have to remove the rear skid plate to add it, but I dont see what the problem would be..you wouldnt have much for top end, but if you were into climbing go for it..I mean, at least try and and see how you like it..If you dont like it take it off..since you already have it experiment with it..