PDA

View Full Version : GNCC TV race coverage......Was there any?

RIDER11X
12-14-2004, 10:32 PM
Does anyone know if there are any plans to air the 2004 season of the GNCC's on TV? :confused:
It would be a shame to not air it this year, as it was such a good year for publicity with the YFZ and 450r's being ridden by the top pro riders...............:huh Honda and Yamaha would be wise to help then get it shown, to help their sales even more.:rolleyes:

Rico
12-15-2004, 06:18 AM
Per Racer Productions no racing will be aired. They did record about half the season but the company went bankrupt and still have the tapes with the races on them.

I think it stinks but there's nothing we can do about it.

UbeenSmoked
12-15-2004, 07:32 AM
u know wut i think :devil: its time for harlen to start taping the
GNCC coverage and putting it on the air, now that would be cool. anyone agree with me or am i talking out of my butt. but hey as good of a job as harlen does with pic, i think he could rock the T.V world to. o well just my .02

Matt

markk
12-15-2004, 07:58 PM
I got ahold of Jason Weiget (sp), and they are going to try to air the 04 series somtime in 05, I think exriders member Sunshine knows a little bit about th subject, But from the e-mail i got, it sounds like if they can get somone to help out, they will have it on air somtime in 05!

captain mike
12-16-2004, 02:00 AM
i heard at the ironman that RP was going to sell videos of the races that were taped at the begining of the year. haven't heard anything since then, but it would be cool to see racing that happen almost a year ago. seems like yesterday that we were coughing up red mars dust:o

Rico
12-16-2004, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by UbeenSmoked
GNCC coverage and putting it on the air, now that would be cool. anyone agree with me or am i talking out of my butt. but hey as good of a job as harlen does with pic, i think he could rock the T.V world to. o well just my .02

Matt

:uhoh:

RIDER11X
12-16-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by UbeenSmoked

Matt

I'm guessing Harlen is pretty busy the way things are......Racer Productions should step in and get a contract with a film crew, it would benifit them enormously! How many people would be into Nascar if it wasn't televised? Good point, eh?:rolleyes:

lshonda310
12-17-2004, 05:04 PM
Racer Productions is going to do all video and taping next year themselves, that way they can control where and how the races will be aired. They taped the Ironman and said they gained alot of experience doing that.

RemNS
12-17-2004, 07:33 PM
We've tried and tried and tried to get them to use our services but no definate answer yet. Last word was they are using the personnel they had at Ironman.
I just wish that they would use us to film it because we will be there taping away anyways. I am hoping that it does not bite them in the arse with what they have done. John Rita and Carrie Jo usually do the right thing so we'll have to see. They definately have a fear of going out of house again but we are as close as in house as they can get. I think that if we screwed something up, Carrie Jo would be waiting at my doorstep with a neuse.
I know that we will be there taping for ATV SPORT TV and our new Regional show for the 2nd and 3rd quaters of 2005!

Rick Frisco

woodside83
12-21-2004, 01:51 PM
i have a few of the taps remns has and they are great when will the sport atv show air

Rico
12-21-2004, 02:29 PM
Well I know we all hope for things but remember that the almighty dollar is usually what makes most peoples decisions now a days and not whats best for the sport...:rolleyes:

If someone is not profitable then why even deal with someone else, even if it is better for the sport.

RemNS
12-21-2004, 03:30 PM
Rico, I Didnt quite understand the second part of your post??????

We will be covering 3 or 4 GNCC Races for ATV SPORT TV in 2005. Carey Bohn will be sending me the official schedule after the new years but it looks like the 12 MX races, the first 2 TT races and 4 of the first 8 GNCC Races.

We are currently working on ATV Incorporated TV which is a regional show to air the 2nd half of the year. More of a rider profile and set-up type of show rather than race coverage. We'll be using clips forthe riders so we'll be at all of the GNCC's filming for the behind the scenes stories and profiles for our show all season. It's still work in progress until the end of January then we'll have a schedule and show layout for you.

Glad you liked the Vids! Our new "Champions Tale 04" will be released with the new year! It's sick, kinda resembles "The Great Outdoors" a little !

Rick Frisco

woodside83
12-22-2004, 01:21 PM
can't wait to see the new video, is it about the whole 04 season or just about doug gust, do you guys show all the 20 min pro motos 1st and 2nd motos. that would be awsome if you did