PDA

View Full Version : 400ex dual exhaust?

T-were
12-14-2004, 10:25 PM
does anyone have any pics or know of a way or kit to put dual exhaust, other then the lte wich is awsome but, soooo expensive .i just love the look on trucks and the banshee and i think it would have a diff sound let me know what you think

dn1911
12-14-2004, 11:26 PM
might look neat, but sucks ***** on performance.

jmpulse
12-16-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by dn1911
might look neat, but sucks ***** on performance.

And you know this how?

I have been quite satified with my LTE system. The power, quality, low dB's, are top notch.

dn1911
12-17-2004, 12:42 AM
by design on the quads i have, seen they are velocity robbing, torque killing, extra uneeded weight. they produce no low end and the gains up top are negligable to all of the negatives. even dirt wheels gave them a bad review and they can usually be paid to say about anything.

they do look cool though.

jmpulse
12-17-2004, 10:54 PM
by design on the quads

It is admazing how someone with no first hand experance can be an expert on how lously a system is.

throwinitup
12-18-2004, 06:12 AM
2 words BIG GUN

400 EX FREAK
12-18-2004, 10:29 AM
i wouldn't get the lte cuz i heard they sound sweet but they don't give that much power...i also heard they shouldn't be worth 700$...i say BIG GUN!

throwinitup
12-19-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by 400 EX FREAK
i say BIG GUN!

yeah he knows whats up

nosliw
12-19-2004, 08:36 PM
by design on the quads i have, seen they are velocity robbing, torque killing, extra uneeded weight. they produce no low end and the gains up top are negligable to all of the negatives. even dirt wheels gave them a bad review and they can usually be paid to say about anything.

they do look cool though.

you hit the nail on the head

dn1911
12-20-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by jmpulse
It is admazing how someone with no first hand experance can be an expert on how lously a system is.

take an extended look at what i said. "By design on the quads I HAVE SEEN". no i have not purchased one of these kits. because their design dose not equal good power. and no i don't have to by one to figure this out. there are some absolute truths to performance and that pipe is very opposite of many of them.

slamkracker
12-20-2004, 12:01 PM
Hllo fellas,
I am brand new here, I have a 05' 400ex and I want very bad to get a Yosh full system for it what is your views on that sys.

currently I am running a White bros. E-series slip on with a 152 main no other mods. any advise on this will help tremendously!:)

MadMax27
12-20-2004, 02:19 PM
Im building my own out of 2 stock headers, and 2 stock cans. Ive built one for a co-workers 2001 400ex, and it sounded sweet. Decent gains on low-end not sure about top, but we dont race, we trail ride and mud bog. We did have to play with the jetting, and I made an aluminum airbox to house all electrics too. It looks awesome, but it would look a lot better with two Red HMF cans, but as stated before, design plays a big factor. If I get my digital camera fixed Ill post some pics....

Joe400ex
04-14-2005, 08:54 PM
listen lets make this easy just go with a LRD FULL SYTSTEM:devil:

400exredrider
04-14-2005, 09:07 PM
ive seen a LTE raptor and a full yoshi rapotr race and the yoshi raptor won by 1 1/2

400exredrider
04-14-2005, 09:08 PM
id go with a X6 from sparks

jmpulse
04-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by 400exredrider
ive seen a LTE raptor and a full yoshi rapotr race and the yoshi raptor won by 1 1/2

:rolleyes:

400exredrider
04-14-2005, 10:46 PM
no need to roll eyes at me buddy,,,, the LTE raptor even ahd some work done to it,,, i was not impressed at all,, read the YFZ review in dirtwheels too,, the yfz lost power with the LTEs

400exredrider
04-14-2005, 10:47 PM
glad you like your LTEs im not impressed by them

cals400ex
04-14-2005, 11:06 PM
there are too many variables when racing. i have seen 400ex's with a x-6, jetted, filter, and modded lid get beat by bone stock 400ex's, even with riders switched. gearing, tires, bearings, chains, brake pads rubbing, worn out engines, throttle cable adjustments, etc all play a significant role.

i would actually consider getting LTE's over my thermally coated stainless x-6.

400exredrider
04-14-2005, 11:32 PM
cals... if you get lte's sell me your x6 :D

jmpulse
04-15-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by 400exredrider
no need to roll eyes at me buddy,,,, the LTE raptor even ahd some work done to it,,, i was not impressed at all,, read the YFZ review in dirtwheels too,, the yfz lost power with the LTEs

Drag racing two quads, wow. I have seen TRX400EX's take Raptors, wow, the 400 must be the bomb out on the drag courses! :rolleyes:

So the LTE lost by 1 quad length, but it was that close at 1/2 the volume, if not 1/4 the volume.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

shawn1103
04-15-2005, 05:16 AM
go with the new scorpion exhaust. it is awesome. it is the best sound ive heard that anybody in my area has heard. my buddy has a 4wheeler shop here and has a 450r with the $800 yoshi comp. and it is deeper and better sounding than that.

400exredrider
04-15-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by jmpulse
Drag racing two quads, wow. I have seen TRX400EX's take Raptors, wow, the 400 must be the bomb out on the drag courses! :rolleyes:

So the LTE lost by 1 quad length, but it was that close at 1/2 the volume, if not 1/4 the volume.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

grow up dude,,, im tryin to help people out, im glad you wasted 700 dollars on dual exhaust and your happy,

04-15-2005, 09:06 AM
The 400ex was not built for drag racing. Stop trying to make the bike a Banshee. If all you care about is racing in a straight line you need to sell your bike right now and purchase a banshee! If your into MX,Trails, and Dunes then get a pipe you like, jet it, air filter. After doing the first easy three steps. Then start looking into cams, pistons and reasonable bores for what your doing. Don't try to waste all you money in trying to make you bike a drag bike because you will never win. The banshee will always beat you in a straight line no matter what you do to your bike.

cals400ex
04-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by gotcam?
The 400ex was not built for drag racing. Stop trying to make the bike a Banshee. If all you care about is racing in a straight line you need to sell your bike right now and purchase a banshee! If your into MX,Trails, and Dunes then get a pipe you like, jet it, air filter. After doing the first easy three steps. Then start looking into cams, pistons and reasonable bores for what your doing. Don't try to waste all you money in trying to make you bike a drag bike because you will never win. The banshee will always beat you in a straight line no matter what you do to your bike.

i wish my bike was like a banshee, well speed wise anyways

oh, i will sell the x-6 if i get a new setup. however, i will probably just get a new bike. i don't know yet

muddy400EX
04-15-2005, 07:42 PM
not tryin to piss off the dudes with the duals, but heres what i think

i think there is a reason that quads come with a single can and not 2. i also think that there is a reason that the top pipes are single cans. ill admit that the lte's look good but it would add more weight, and it dont seem like it would give more power cuz there is more cans which would restrict it more. i dont care what anybody says, there is no way that 2 mufflers could possibly flow more than 1 on a single cylinder engine. i just dont see it. but if you really want it and feel like spending $700 dollars then get it

oh ya, i got 3 letters for ya

HMF:D

JOEX
04-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
not tryin to piss off the dudes with the duals, but heres what i think

i think there is a reason that quads come with a single can and not 2. i also think that there is a reason that the top pipes are single cans. ill admit that the lte's look good but it would add more weight, and it dont seem like it would give more power cuz there is more cans which would restrict it more. i dont care what anybody says, there is no way that 2 mufflers could possibly flow more than 1 on a single cylinder engine. i just dont see it. but if you really want it and feel like spending $700 dollars then get it

Another angle on your train of thought........
Two pipes and cans equal twice the flow with half the noise:D

Also, compare the cost of a full system including an aluminum air box. I don't know what they are running now but that needs to be figured in as well.:)

muddy400EX
04-16-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

Also, compare the cost of a full system including an aluminum air box. I don't know what they are running now but that needs to be figured in as well.:)

i just dont see it. now, if its a 2 cylinder then i could definately see it making better power with 2, but only 1 cylinder, i just dont see it. i still wouldnt buy it anyways, it just seems to redneck to say, "i have dual exhaust on my four wheeler". looks like a rip off to me

coryatver
04-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Dual exhuast definetly seems like it is just for show to me. Unless you have a v force! Dual exhuast on those is nice!

JOEX
04-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
i just dont see it. now, if its a 2 cylinder then i could definately see it making better power with 2, but only 1 cylinder, i just dont see it. i still wouldnt buy it anyways, it just seems to redneck to say, "i have dual exhaust on my four wheeler". looks like a rip off to me
This is how I see it.....

With dual exhaust there are two headers and two cans that have nearly double the space to carry the exhaust gasses which means more room for flow. Power gains will still depend on the design of the pipes of course. The main reason i'd like to have a dual exhaust system is for noise reduction.

There is supposed to a pipe shootout coming soon that includes the LTE dual system, waiting to see that:)

jmpulse
04-16-2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

Exactly! I don't beleive I have ever said that the LTE is more powerfull, just equil at half the volume! 96dB vs the LTE's 93dB. Now to a lot of you that probally won't matter, most who don't live in CA or OR. For those of us who do live and ride in the land of 93dB sound limits(OR dunes) the LTE is the only choise!

400exredrider
04-17-2005, 12:31 AM
yeah, id definatly rather have a very loud quad,,, loud pipes save lives,, :D

rummerd
04-17-2005, 07:42 AM
yeah, id definatly rather have a very loud quad,,, loud pipes save lives,,

Definately a correct statement. They save lives by closing riding areas and keeping you off your machine.

JOEX
04-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by rummerd
yeah, id definatly rather have a very loud quad,,, loud pipes save lives,,

Definately a correct statement. They save lives by closing riding areas and keeping you off your machine.
Very true:(