PDA

View Full Version : bedlining loading ramps?

ZQ8Dude
12-14-2004, 05:48 PM
what do you think? basically i baby my truck and i try to rid my quad onto the bed as gently as possible, but i bought some Kragen ramps that are very slick. i generally found myself peeling out on the ramps if i didnt get a good rolling start at the ramps

has anyone ever used some of the roll-on stuff to improve grip when trying to ride on the bed slowly?

TGW_400ex
12-14-2004, 06:06 PM
Roll on isn't grippy only the baked on stuff is;)

jltld
12-14-2004, 09:18 PM
What about grip tape, like on a skateboard. You can buy it in rolls. I have it on my traILER RAMP AND WORKS PRETTY GOOD.

crday98
12-14-2004, 09:24 PM
try to find some rubber strips and adhere or fasten them to the ramps. there is also a textured rubber that is used for conveyor belts that comes in variuos sizes. i don't know who makes it or where you can buy it but it is what the conveyor belts are made out of where i work.

d33pt
12-14-2004, 10:32 PM
be careful with the ramps when riding up. if you get too much traction you get into the danger of kicking them out when the front wheels are on the truck. make sure you tie the ramps to the truck somewhere.

ZQ8Dude
12-14-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by d33pt
be careful with the ramps when riding up. if you get too much traction you get into the danger of kicking them out when the front wheels are on the truck. make sure you tie the ramps to the truck somewhere.

thats not a problem, they might be cheap Kragen ones but they have safety chains that i use everytime(even if i push it up) and there is an area thats perfect...err 2 areas. i can either strap them where the tailgate latches or on the securing hooks built into the bed

well ill see if i can get some grip tape, maybe see if my brothers friend(owns a skate shop) can sell me a bunch of it.

or does your run of the mill home depot/ Ace have it?

d33pt
12-14-2004, 11:01 PM
home depot should have it....they use it for lining stairs..

LazeR
12-14-2004, 11:21 PM
Also always remember to have your truck in park or in gear...and have the emergency brake on :o I learned :D no one got hurt, and nothing happened to either my truck or quad i was lucky:macho

ZQ8Dude
12-14-2004, 11:27 PM
yeah, ive already use the ramps twice, i know whats needed

although not to go offtopic.....can we get the full story of you learning the hardway lol

doing a lttle low-speed A-team action? ;)

LazeR
12-14-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by ZQ8Dude
yeah, ive already use the ramps twice, i know whats needed

although not to go offtopic.....can we get the full story of you learning the hardway lol

doing a lttle low-speed A-team action? ;)

Well............. :rolleyes: I backed my truck up and for some reason put it in nuetral! i have no idea why! and my e-brake wasnt set...i dont even know how it was staying because it is a slight downhill..... I hooked up my ramps....and rode up the ramps into the bed of my truck....when i stopped i noticed i was still moving...but it was my whole truck.....I jumped off my quad and onto the ground as fast as i could and jumped into my truck and pulled the ebrake! My friends though it was funny :o i did too after it was all over and done with....I always make to set my ebrake now...and have it in gear

ZQ8Dude
12-14-2004, 11:59 PM
sorry, but LOL!

hopefully ill never have the problem, all the places i ride have flat areas for unloading quads. plus the Ebrake is second nature with a stick

LazeR
12-15-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by ZQ8Dude
sorry, but LOL!

hopefully ill never have the problem, all the places i ride have flat areas for unloading quads. plus the Ebrake is second nature with a stick

Laugh all you want :devil: I think its halarious now....And ebrake is second nature for me now....even on totally flat land, but i didnt care for my truck rolling while no one is in it, and im on my quad in the back :eek2: so thats how it became second nature for me :macho