PDA

View Full Version : DS50 Bombardier, mods

Lou400ex
12-14-2004, 04:59 PM
I am buying my two boys DS50 Bombardier, for Christmass..
anybody have these bikes or have done any mods too.
I need any info you can give.
PS. new to this forum.
Lou

beak7707
12-14-2004, 05:09 PM
what are you wanting to know? Which mods help them out, or just general info on them?

Lou400ex
12-14-2004, 05:16 PM
after reading alot of post here, I'm wonder if the 50's are to small for an 8 and 6 year old boys.
The main questions are are these bike worth getting and is bombardier any good. Are ther after market part out there. I see alot of talk about eton and kasea.
Help !!!!!!!!!what should I do........
I should have done my homework first. bougt on impulse after seeing kids play ride on ds50's at bike shop.
Lou

beak7707
12-14-2004, 05:22 PM
They might grow out of a 50 fairly fast. I'm not sure on aftermarket stuff for them, most minis dont have many parts. I know the kwai/suzuki 80's have a few aftermarket parts, so you should be able to find a couple things. I would think the reliability should be very good. My friend has the DS650 and hasnt had a problem in 3 years. I would think the biggest problem will be them outgrowing them.

Lou400ex
12-14-2004, 05:31 PM
this is the info on there web sight.
DS50 2-stroke

Standard features

A factory-restricted maximum speed of 10 mph (16 km/h) lets your child safely navigate the trails, and the backup kick-start means he'll always succeed at getting it going.
Additional features

49cc 2-stroke engine
Key-operated ignition switch
Built-in throttle limiter

Electric start with a backup kick-start

Fully automatic CVT transmission

I'm hoping there is way to unfactory restric the max speed.
as far as thr size of the 50. this was the biggist frame of all the 50's they had (bike shop) , same size as there 90 but 90is $400 more per bike and I'm buying two.

Arctic Cat Dad
12-15-2004, 07:52 PM
As for the Bomb very good quad. My 6 year old son races the Arctic Cat 50 quad. Same quad as the Bomb, Can't recall anyone beating him in the 16 or 17 XC races he raced in. Very tuff little quad. I don't know about your kids but they may be ready for a 90. But they might not be able to race the 90 if your thinking about racing. My son screams for more power all the time. It's now a 70 with alot of stuff cramed into it. It will run with stock trx 90's and stock 2 stroke 90's. So you can make them faster. If you have the money they have the parts. There are alot of mods for these quads. Don't worry about them there everywhere. When you need them just shoot me a PM and I'll send ya to the right places.The sky is the limit.Were not aloud to give out advertisement on here.I'll be glad to help ya.If you go to the race coverage on this site and look under the Koontz youth series you will see an AC or the bomb in different plastic in action. #838.

Lou400ex
12-18-2004, 09:45 AM
Thanks for all the help, my mind is at ease and will be picking up quads on the Dec. 23......HOHOHO
Santa gets the credit Dad gets the bill.
Lou