PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got one

IMCanadian
12-14-2004, 06:34 AM
Well i finally picked up my new 450R. Traded in my 04 CRF250X (great bike by the way). I wanted to get back to 4 wheels and all I can say is this bike is nice. Lots of snow here so it was difficult to get a feel for the power but the bike started first or second kick everytime and the power is smooth. Can't wait for tonight to give it another good workout.

ridingorhiding
12-14-2004, 07:34 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

robman
12-15-2004, 09:25 AM
congrats,i'm getting a 450 in june or july zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:devil:

mikes450r
12-15-2004, 10:39 AM
enjoy:D :D

Honda400exrox
12-15-2004, 04:19 PM
Hey IMcanadian where in canada are you from? im in ontario

culookn
12-15-2004, 04:32 PM
congrats on the new toy, noe get started on them mods.

IMCanadian
12-15-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Honda400exrox
Hey IMcanadian where in canada are you from? im in ontario

I'm from Sudbury Ontario.

Syrus
12-15-2004, 05:19 PM
Im in Orillia Ontario, not to far.

Honda400exrox
12-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Im from london ontario:D

Quad18star
12-15-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by IMCanadian
I'm from Sudbury Ontario.

Whats your name??? I'm from Sudbury too , and so is TRX250R22 ( Josh Crump) . Let me know . Maybe ride together next year when I'm healed up .

IMCanadian
12-15-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Whats your name??? I'm from Sudbury too , and so is TRX250R22 ( Josh Crump) . Let me know . Maybe ride together next year when I'm healed up .

My name is Steve. I acutally live in Garson. I'm in the pits all of the time there. Not sure if you've seen me this summer. I think I owned the only CRF250X in town.

I heard about your accident. I was out of town that day. Did it happen in the Fischer pit? Anyway great to hear that there are people from Sudbury on here. We will have to go riding once you get better.

Quad18star
12-16-2004, 10:08 AM
My name is Steve. I acutally live in Garson. I'm in the pits all of the time there. Not sure if you've seen me this summer. I think I owned the only CRF250X in town.

I heard about your accident. I was out of town that day. Did it happen in the Fischer pit? Anyway great to hear that there are people from Sudbury on here. We will have to go riding once you get better.

I think I remember seeing you once ... I might have even talked to you once or twice also . I have the white YFZ 450 with the Blue Hiper rims ... also have my Royal Distributing stickers on the side of my quad .

Ya ... it was a pretty crappy accident ... It happened in the second pit ( pit beside the "wall" ) . I was comming back from the pit going into the one trail that's all whooped out ( theres actually 2 trails) and a kid on a KTM came flying over and nailed me in the air ... needless to say I'm still out of commision but I did have a helicopter ride out of the pit . .

There's a few of us on this forum from in and around the area . Myself and Josh with YFZ ... and theres another guy from Northbay that ahs a Laeger KTM520 . We'll have to ride together sometime ... the guys at work all have race quads now ... me , josh , Joe Ethier his his TRX450R , Shawn Marrinoff with a Raptor . Then we ride with guys like Sean Jewitt who has a 450R also . You plan of doing any racing this year? Keep in touch ... my email and msn is GregLarocque644@hotmail.com or AIM is Quad20star

johnny_bravo
12-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Quad18star/Greg that sucks about your crash. Sounds promising for racing around Sudbury.

Mark

Punk'd
12-16-2004, 09:37 PM
Sweet. How you likeing it??:D

Quad18star
12-17-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by johnny_bravo
Quad18star/Greg that sucks about your crash. Sounds promising for racing around Sudbury.

Mark

Hey Mark ..... How are things going?? You still riding the Suzuki ?? Ya , it was an unfortunate incident , and it's gunna take many many more months to heal , but things are comming along slowly . The doctors finally gave me some machine to help stimulate the bone growth ... so I should be good as new in about 10 months from now . :p

The racing scene is getting a lot better here in the Sudbury area now . I've seen rider turnout triple within the last 3 years . Lots of good talent also . Just with the company I manage , we have most of the top . 3 are quad racers ( 1st place Junior, 1st place Pro, Top rookie for '05) . Then we have 1st 125 Intermidiate Rider for dirtbikes . Then we got a real good snowcross racer and an awesome tuner/mechanic. I hired a good batch this time . :blah:

Keep in touch .

Greg

IMCanadian
12-18-2004, 06:24 AM
Hey Mark ..... How are things going?? You still riding the Suzuki ?? Ya , it was an unfortunate incident , and it's gunna take many many more months to heal , but things are comming along slowly . The doctors finally gave me some machine to help stimulate the bone growth ... so I should be good as new in about 10 months from now . :p

The racing scene is getting a lot better here in the Sudbury area now . I've seen rider turnout triple within the last 3 years . Lots of good talent also . Just with the company I manage , we have most of the top . 3 are quad racers ( 1st place Junior, 1st place Pro, Top rookie for '05) . Then we have 1st 125 Intermidiate Rider for dirtbikes . Then we got a real good snowcross racer and an awesome tuner/mechanic. I hired a good batch this time . :blah:

Keep in touch .

Greg

I'm new to the race scene. Where do you race?

Sorry to hear about the accident it's crazy in those pits sometimes. Too many bikes. Were there any charges laid? Technically the pits are private property, were you charged with anything?

Quad18star
12-18-2004, 10:44 AM
Stop in at Royal more towards the spring time , and we always have the ATV Race schedule for the season posted . Few of the tracks , are the Massey track , McKerrow, Runway Park in the Sault , Cochrane ( national track) , Supposed to have one opening up in Esponola .

As far as if charges were laid or not , I'm not at will to talk about it right now . It's still being investigated and going through the courts .

IMCanadian
12-18-2004, 12:03 PM
Stop in at Royal more towards the spring time , and we always have the ATV Race schedule for the season posted . Few of the tracks , are the Massey track , McKerrow, Runway Park in the Sault , Cochrane ( national track) , Supposed to have one opening up in Esponola .

As far as if charges were laid or not , I'm not at will to talk about it right now . It's still being investigated and going through the courts .

Fair enough. I hope things work out for you. I was just in the pit today. Lots of snow!!! I got a good workout just pushing the bike. But i finally broke a few good trails.

suzukitony64
12-18-2004, 11:07 PM
Honda400exrox im from Parkhill about 35 min from london, you should come out this sping to our track. It's 2.2 miles long with jumps rangin from 20-80 ft , whoops and its styled in MX.
this is my z and my kid jordan ridin

http://ca.msnusers.com/ics5t0sl2b8reith9j7l3kasu3/Documents/00670014.jpg

:devil:

Honda400exrox
12-19-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by suzukitony64
Honda400exrox im from Parkhill about 35 min from london, you should come out this sping to our track. It's 2.2 miles long with jumps rangin from 20-80 ft , whoops and its styled in MX.
this is my z and my kid jordan ridin

http://ca.msnusers.com/ics5t0sl2b8reith9j7l3kasu3/Documents/00670014.jpg

:devil:

Kool yah parkhill isnt too far, 1 of my dads hunting buddy lives there, sounds like i nice track, i got a few tracks around my place, theres the Thamesford pit, cherry hill(i just ride over to this track it so close to my house, and theres 1 in st.marys. do you do any riding besides track riding?

suzukitony64
12-19-2004, 02:22 PM
Honda400exrox;
yeh there's miles and miles of trails around here from Sylvan to Thedford to Port Franks it take days to run them all right behind my house, in fact we get everyone together once a year and do a run anywhere from 20 to 40 quads and a few dirtbikes show up . Will drop you a line when the next one is and if ya need a lift Robman will give ya a ride:D
We hang out alot at Gopher dunes near Tillsinburg

born-2-race
12-20-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by suzukitony64
We hang out alot at Gopher dunes near Tillsinburg

I live 10 mins away from tillsonburg. I go to gopher dunes quite a bit (was there a couple weekends ago) but I'll be going alot more when I get my new quad :D

root
12-20-2004, 07:52 PM
Ahhh, I finally got one as well just right now!!! It's gorgeous. Not too surprised that I got it as I have been preparing for this day since its release! Hopefully the weather down in west Texas will be suitable for riding tomorrow.

IMCanadian
12-21-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by root
Ahhh, I finally got one as well just right now!!! It's gorgeous. Not too surprised that I got it as I have been preparing for this day since its release! Hopefully the weather down in west Texas will be suitable for riding tomorrow.

Cool let us know what you think about the new bike. I've had mine for a week now and am loving it. It kinda sucks though becuase we already have a ton of snow on the ground so its hard to get a feel for the power. The bike is unbelievably easy to start. It was -32 Celcius yesterday and the bike started second kick.

Quad18star
12-21-2004, 08:35 AM
Cool let us know what you think about the new bike. I've had mine for a week now and am loving it. It kinda sucks though becuase we already have a ton of snow on the ground so its hard to get a feel for the power. The bike is unbelievably easy to start. It was -32 Celcius yesterday and the bike started second kick.

Stud up your tires and let it rip down one of the lakes . When I bought my YFZ last January , I didn't stud my tires until about a month afterwards ( ice race in Verner) and man what a difference . I'd take the YFZ out on Whitewater and completly blow away the other quads out there . You'll get the feel of the power of the quad once you have about 500 studs in each rear tire . Makes it handle and hook up like it's on rails . :D

johnny_bravo
12-21-2004, 02:20 PM
Hi Greg,

Hopefully you won't get charged....injuries should be enough punishment I figure. I don't ride much I've been contemplating moving east actually. Mark

Quad18star
12-21-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by johnny_bravo
Hi Greg,

Hopefully you won't get charged....injuries should be enough punishment I figure. I don't ride much I've been contemplating moving east actually. Mark

Ya ... I hope I don't either . :( How far east you plan on going?? Ontario east , or Nova Scotia east ?? :p You still working hard with the business? If so , when ya move ... you bringing the business with you or you gunna sell it off ??

Greg

root
12-21-2004, 04:25 PM
lordy lord lord...I love this damn thing! I previously rode a basically stock 400ex for three years; its not even fair to compare the power difference between the two. Its wierd driving the 450r as it has more top-end power than my 400 ever had. I found I couldn't lug it like I could the 400ex...this makes it very hard to break it in gently IMO. I could go on and on how I much I love this machine...but most you guys have know this for a year already hehehe.