PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm.

LazeR
12-13-2004, 10:53 PM
Well i went out to adjust my valves...I got my quad right when the 02's came out. Got everything apart, got it to TDC made sure all the rocker arms were loose...Got out the feeler guage to check them....And they were perfectly fine.:macho Not loose or to tight. I was really suprised, i would figure they would have loosened up.

Yes i know this is basically a pointless post. i was just suprised they didn't need adjusting :eek2: :macho

nosliw
12-13-2004, 11:07 PM
what made you want to adjust them?

LazeR
12-13-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by nosliw

Had it for awhile, never checked em or anything. So i figured i would.

hondarider2006
12-13-2004, 11:20 PM
Right on bro. 1st time I did mine I wasn't so lucky. Thought I had it at TDC and it was 180 off.....yeah they were making some BAD noise. Now when I built my 416 they sounded like a dream:p

Aceman
12-13-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by nosliw

It's actually a part of regular maintenance, like changing your oil. It's just nobody really bothers to adjust their valves until they start losing power or they hear ticking.

LazeR
12-13-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
Right on bro. 1st time I did mine I wasn't so lucky. Thought I had it at TDC and it was 180 off.....yeah they were making some BAD noise. Now when I built my 416 they sounded like a dream:p

My quad and i almost got into an argument, she wasn't turning turning over easily, and when i first thought i had on TDC it was 180 off like yours....all my rocker arms werent loose though, so i turned it and got it so all the arms were loose.

and Aceman that is a good statement, i never really thought about it, then the other day i did, and figured out it had been awhile...Then i was just suprised that they didn't need ot be tightened

EPDP99
12-14-2004, 12:03 AM
my local dealer said hondas are known for not needing adjustments. they said it a rip to have it done at a dealer because they pretty much just check and never adjust them. I thought it souned kinda wierd but have 3 400exs at garage and all have theire valves checked regularly and none have moved. but now my motor is different im sure they will.