PDA

View Full Version : Swingarm Bushings

Dust_1503
12-13-2004, 10:40 PM
Okay since i finally got my pivot bolt out, i got too see how bad my bushings were so i have a question. Are the bushings in a lonestar swinger the same as stock i'm almost 100% positive they are i dont' see how you could make them in a different size I think i already answered my question but would like a 2nd one. Thanks

Pappy
12-13-2004, 10:54 PM
yes..... but pivot works makes a decent kit that will include new sleeves, bearings and seals so replacement is a breeze. i havent priced oem parts (usually a bit higher quality but if your doing proper maintence youll change them out often) but the pivot works kit isnt overly expensive

Dust_1503
12-13-2004, 11:19 PM
Alright thats exactly what i wanted to hear. Thanks a bunch

Rico
12-14-2004, 06:37 AM
I don't know if it's true or not on the Lonestar swinger but on houser swingarms the needle bearings that come with the pivot works kit WILL NOT WORK. I also had to take the sleeves over to the bench grinder and shave off about 1/16 of an inch to get them to fit. I'd call Lonestar first to be sure a stock bushing kit will work on it. I basically used the sleeves and that's it out of the new kit, which run about $50 or so for 2 steal tubes..:ermm:

Lonestar migth sell the sleeves and needle bearings for the same price. I'd contact them about this before ordering the pivot works kit...:cool:

Pappy
12-14-2004, 06:41 AM
every houser swing arm ive seen has powder in that area because it wasnt masked off. getting bearings in there with out a press is mighty tuff

Rico
12-14-2004, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
every houser swing arm ive seen has powder in that area because it wasnt masked off. getting bearings in there with out a press is mighty tuff

Yes it is.

An old socket that is the same diameter as the bushing, a big hammer, some WD-40 and determination is what I used. IT was a task but I got all mine out, cleaned the inner tubes the best I could, reapplied plenty of WD and beat the others back in with a rubber mallet till I could get a socket on them and use th bigger hammer.

Dust_1503
12-14-2004, 08:58 PM
Aight i'll give them a shout, nothing worse than wastin what little money i already have. Thanks