PDA

View Full Version : tranny problems

R3Concepts
12-13-2004, 08:47 PM
I replaced the shift shaft in my 450R recently, becuase the old one bent badly. Installed the new one and everything was fine, but now the bike wont go into 3rd, and I was riding today and got it into 3rd 4th and 5th two different times, then all of the sudden nothing. Sounds like its going into gear, between say 2nd and 3rd but it just rolls freely. Any things to look at? Please dont be a smart ***** and say I did it wrong, because I didnt.

Jersey450R
12-13-2004, 08:55 PM
:(

BSTURDIVANT
12-13-2004, 09:15 PM
Pull the side cover back off and check to make sure the return spring on the shaft hasn't jumped off- it won't let it ratchet down for another gear! also check to make sure the roller is still engaged in the plate on the shift shaft. Really shouldn't shift at all if not engaged.

kazpr
12-14-2004, 03:01 AM
Johnny Hale was having a problem on his 2 bikes when he would hit jumps and sharp bumps the thing would kick into neutral.
He had something inside his clutch cover machined and problem fixed.
I am sending him my motot in a couple of weeks to do mine since my bike is apart. Cheap insurance to me,

R3Concepts
12-14-2004, 04:02 PM
I know what you are talking about and its a false neutral between 3rd and 4th, but thats not the problem here. The best way to fix the false neutral is actually the ESR shifter, its closer to the motor and it fixes that problem. It goes in tomorrow I sure hope its a warranty item.