PDA

View Full Version : 250r or Crf450r or Yfz?

Golden Joker
12-13-2004, 07:25 PM
Hi, i am 14 almost 15 year old, thats pretty big & tall for the age and have been riding for 7 years. In my first 6 years of riding its just been doing jumps in my back yard etc...

This past year I've been wanting to ride mx so bad. My first atv was a suzuki 80, then a peice of crap 125, then 250ex and now a modded Blaster.

My dad has been extremely busy with work and next year he will be less busy. He PROMISED that he would take my brother and I racing at a local track.

The track doesnt really have a 200 class and I know my blaster wouldnt keep up with any of the other quads.

Next spring I will be getting a new quad, and I think I have a possible choice; either a trx250r or yfz450.

If I got the 250r, does anyone think that putting a Crf450r motor in it would be a good choice or just a waste?

Right now, I am leading towards the 250r and depending on what everyone says I will pry put a Crf500 motor in, becuase Dana Creech is my favorite rider and I think thats what he uses.

Anyone can replie giving suggestions of what atv would suit me the best. If you replie plz give reasons why you have that Idea. All imput is appreciated.

Thanks

ZRider400
12-13-2004, 08:06 PM
dana creech has a yfz, and also has a CRF450/250r conversion.

250r's kick *** if you have the $$ /time to build and repair them .

if not then go with a production quad like a yfz or 450r.