PDA

View Full Version : tether switch, key, neutral light ??'s

maskale
12-13-2004, 07:08 PM
I have some race plastics coming, so I will have to remove the lights, key and neutal light. I know the head lights are gone completly, but were do I put the key and neutral light, also I will be putting on a tether switch, will I still keep the key switch? Thanks

StuntMentD4
12-13-2004, 07:39 PM
well i got low rise bars n had to lose my dash so i drilled holes n my fenderplastic and siliconed them in i didnt have much space cuz i have race cliped finders but it worked;)

awsomeaussies
12-14-2004, 12:20 PM
What fenders did you order? Because I know fullbore and I think laker comes with mounting hardware for you key and neutral light. But I don't know if maier does. Anyway fullbore sent me a piece of sheet metal cut to fit under my handle bar clamp bolts.

And for the tether kill switch. You will still need your key switch.

maskale
12-14-2004, 06:42 PM
I ordered maier. You gave me an idea though, I will just make my own sheet metal thingy to bolt to my handle bar clamp, Thanks.

Oh since I can remove the light switch from the handle bar, is there an aftermarket starter button I can use.

400EXracer74
12-14-2004, 07:27 PM
get rid of the nuetral light. you really dont need it. thats what i did when i put my 250 r hood on. Then i just zip tied my key to the clutch cable down by where it goes under the plastics. your probably gonna wanna keep the key. The teather has nuthing to do with the key it wires into to the kill switch

maskale
12-14-2004, 07:39 PM
Get rid of the neutral light! Man the only time I can seem to find neutral is when I am taking off as fast as I can and I shift from first and try to go into second, but end up in neutral WOT. LOL

StuntMentD4
12-14-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by maskale
Get rid of the neutral light! Man the only time I can seem to find neutral is when I am taking off as fast as I can and I shift from first and try to go into second, but end up in neutral WOT. LOL

its easy shift down till u cant any more (clutch in) and shift one half gear up and BAM! ur in neutral feel free to let the clutch out and keep ur bike running