PDA

View Full Version : Orlando, FL area?

throwinitup
12-13-2004, 05:14 PM
im thinkin about goin to motorcycle mechanics institute in orlando next fall, and id like to take my quad down with me - anyone know if theres good riding around here? and what type..also, any racing action? thanks fellas

Munno#37
12-13-2004, 05:39 PM
Yes i live 2 hours south and race the FTR harescramble series and there is plenty of riding so to answer you question yes there is tons of riding!!!

throwinitup
12-13-2004, 05:51 PM
cool, anything within like 20 min drive of orlando? im not exactly sure will my apartment will be buttt yeah also, how about sand dunes? lol idk if theres any around there but who knows and as far as beach riding, whats up with that....

throwinitup
12-14-2004, 01:27 PM
BUMPITY BUMP

Bigg Pimpin
12-15-2004, 12:20 AM
Yea there are plenty of places around Central Fla. to ride. Check out www.atvflorida.com you'll find a load of info on there. Maybe you can catch up with us for one of our group rides sometimes there are over 100+ riders.

sleestack71
12-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Your in for one hell of suprise.

throwinitup
12-21-2004, 03:04 PM
why do you say im "in for one hell of a suprise" ?

sleestack71
12-21-2004, 03:26 PM
I'm a big ATV fan but Florida is just not very ATV friendly, most places in the South and West part of the state are closed down or in the proccess of closing down. The only real legal places to ride any where near Orlando is Croom and Ocala. Croom seems safe but Ocala is already seeing restrictions impossed on it, e.g. night riding is now illegal and areas are being shut down to ORV traffic abd the rediculous numbered road riding rule.

I was pretty active in raising awareness to the lack of legal riding areas in Florida through letter writting champaigns and such, but I gave up. It seems like for every step the we take forward, we take 3 steps back throught reckless and dangerous riding.

I recommend you visit www.atvflorida.com like Bigg Pimpin said, lots of good guys on there and they promote the sport in a very positive light.

throwinitup
12-21-2004, 08:15 PM
wow that sucks...hows the racing scene down there? id like to continue my career..i dont want to take a break for a year and a half....

also, can u ride on the beaches anywhere? i know police patrol them on 4x4s...but can u ride anywhere on the beach legally idk i think thatd be sweet

sleestack71
12-21-2004, 10:00 PM
No beach riding at all in Florida, I once heard of a place in the panhandle called horseshoe beach where you could kinda ride but never talked to anyone who has.

If your thing is riding MX track central Fl has a few, but personally I just liked to ride at my own pace.

Bigg Pimpin
12-22-2004, 01:32 AM
Yea there are quite a few places getting restricted on riding but there are also new places poping up every day and the state is working on opening new parks just for ORV use there are already 2 new ones in South Fla. in recent weeks.

Have yet to find a beach we can legally ride on either.

As far as racing goes check into Florida Trail Riders they have both an MX and Xc series. You'll find me on the MX series this coming year and there are plenty of tracks within an hour or so of Orlando. When you get down here look me up we'll get some riding in. :D

throwinitup
12-22-2004, 05:40 AM
right on...that sucks about the beaches...oh well

i got accepted to UTI :D
i move down there in the end of october..i get to race this comming season up here and then i get to expericnce sand riding n all that...

Munno#37
12-22-2004, 10:34 AM
Yea the racing is great there is a 14 race series for hare scrambles
and moto cross go to www.floridatrailriders.org an check it out!!

throwinitup
12-22-2004, 12:28 PM
sweet