PDA

View Full Version : need raptor 50 information please

DaleJrFan
12-13-2004, 05:02 PM
my parents informed me today that they bought my daughter(who is almost 6) a 2003 suzuki 50. i looked on line about the details on suzuki web site but i dont know anyone who owns one. i have gotten to know the salesman at the local suzuki dealership and he says she will be fine with it. what are the major maintenance probs with it and has anyone had any really big issues with it? the big boy bikes i can handle but this is my first experience with a mini. my dad says its in excellent shape and i was wanting to get her a skyhawk 90 or a e-ton 90r cause of the reverse,adjustable throttle,cheap replacement parts and a good quality quads. what is your thoughts and opinions on the suzuki 50.

Ericthered rdr
12-14-2004, 09:43 AM
If you can return it do so! She is going to outgrow it almost right away. There are very limited mods that yeild results that are not worth spending the money on. You will get the same responce from every former and curent owner of that unit. The quad to get is the Kasea or E-ton. Gazzillion parts and the mods actually have noticeable results. The major downfall of the Suzzi 50 is the clutch. Get her a quad with a CVT tranny.

BTW Santa gave my son a Suzuki 50 for xmass last year and he had to take it back to the elfs to turn it into a Kasea Skyhawk 50. My son is safer and much happier on the new one.

If you are stuck on the Suzi 50 reply back and I will give you the short list of mods and things to look out for.

Good luck,
Eric

Samson
12-14-2004, 09:47 AM
Ditto! For you pay for that Suzuki, you can get a REAL mini.

DaleJrFan
12-14-2004, 11:07 AM
if the suzuki is any good shape, i want to trade it for a e-ton 90r. i think it is overall a better quad and that is more her size. not to be ignorant, but what is a cvt transmission? if you dont mind, please send me that mod list too- thanks.

Samson
12-14-2004, 12:01 PM
cvt- continuous variable transmission (like a Polaris)

In lieu of the single speed that the suzuki has.

DaleJrFan
12-14-2004, 04:42 PM
is polaris the only make that has cvt? i have heard some bad things about their 90 from a couple of people that have had them. they do have a limited edition dale jr one that looks bad a** but is $2600 brand new. they are just too much for something she will out grow in a couple of years.

Ericthered rdr
12-14-2004, 06:23 PM
I have heard more negative things about the new mini's with reverse. basically been told to say away period, besides kids scare mebad enough going forward let alone backwards:eek2:
I'll get back to you with a PM on the mods for the Suzuki. If you want a quad to last till she is a pre-teen get the kasea 50. when she outgrows the power put on a pipe....when she outgrows that level of power then do a 70cc kit and whatch her eat stock 90's;) I have done my research and feel that the Kasea is the way to go if somebody can prove me wrong then feel free to enlighten me.

Samson
12-14-2004, 08:33 PM
I think there are better deals on the market but in general, the less you pay, the less service you're gonna get after the sale. For someone mechanically inclined. I'd buy a Polaris clone soley on price. For someone that stresses reliability and warranty work, then I'd look at a local vendor and included Kasea, Eton or Dinli with the big dog's. jmo.