PDA

View Full Version : 330ex Jetting Help!!!!!!!!!!

tolson
12-13-2004, 05:00 PM
:grr: i just: fst 330kit, mid webcam, h&d springs, port/polish, white bros e-series head/pipe, fst oil cooler, k&n filter, 14 tooth front. AND I CAN'T GET THIS FREGGIN THING JETTED!!!!!!!!!

it starts right up, revs fine as soon as you ride it it breaks up. changing jets and air makes no big diffence. ive had a 128-148 main, dozens of combos w/ needle postion. air box off, 4-1.25" holes, air box on. WHAT THE F&%????

anyone for a screwed up CDI box?
timing?

tolson
12-13-2004, 06:17 PM
come on honda bros and gals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aceman
12-13-2004, 11:09 PM
Here's mine at sea level. I think I still want to go up one more size on the pilot because I have to pump the throttle and choke it to start when its cold. Before the 330 kit I would just crank it and it would start instantly.

40 Pilot Jet
Stock needle in the 3rd position
132 MJ
I believe the fuel screw is in the stock position still which is 2 1/4 turns out.
I have four 1 inch holes in my airbox lid also.
I would think this would get you close to the right jetting.
Hope this helps. Good luck. Also, make sure your float height is correct because jetting won't fix a float problem.

tolson
12-14-2004, 02:42 PM
how do you adjust the float. i assuming the carb float. it seems to only have on position?

Aceman
12-14-2004, 04:51 PM
It's been a while since I've done it but I believe there is a metal tang that the float needle rides on that you bend one way or another. I can't remember that float height though, usually you take the float bowl off the carb, turn the carb upside down and make sure the floats are parallel with the bottom of the carb. You bend the tang to adjust it. That's just a general rule of thumb if somebody on here has a manual they could post what the exact float height is.

dork
12-15-2004, 12:09 AM
i'm assuming it didn't do this before the motor work? what throttle position does it start to break up at? is it the stock carb?

i believe float height is 18.5mm, from the bowl gasket surface to the bottom of the float, not depressing the needle spring. if its right, then it should be pretty much level like Aceman said.

tolson
12-16-2004, 06:03 PM
ran great before i started f@#king with it. itsfun and stressful all at the same time. dumping money like mad. using stock carb. it's breaking up 1/2-3/4 throttle, but not all the time. air adjustment and jet adjustment arent helping. possible cdi?

dork
12-17-2004, 12:47 AM
is it better when the motor's hot or cold? if its random, then you may be looking at electrical like you said.

i seem to remember a post one time about the rev limiter kicking in at low rpms, like it does when in reverse, on a 300ex. did you have the right sidecover off? maybe a stuck reverse switch, or the wires are intermittantly touching somewhere? just a guess. besides that, cdi, reverse inhibitor, or stator.

Braff1
12-17-2004, 06:13 AM
You running stock carb or 400 ex carb?

On my daughters 330 with 400 carb we had a 160 mj with a 38 pilot. If you have the stock carb I would try about a 148 mj with a 40 pilot jet.

tolson
12-18-2004, 07:53 AM
im gonna try a 140 pilot, i have a stock 138 i believe.