PDA

View Full Version : Sag

JForestZ34
12-13-2004, 04:08 PM
On the rear suspension how do I adjust the shock sag. It seems like when I'm not even sitting on the bike it squats down alittle to much. Is there a way to adjust the stiffness of the spring to make it alittle harder so it doesn't sag as much when I sit on it. Would I just have to turn the collars on the top of the shock. Also what are the shocks filled with. Could the rar shock be low with whats in it.

James

FasstMidnightZ
12-13-2004, 04:19 PM
What r u riding ?

JForestZ34
12-13-2004, 05:22 PM
Sorry I knew I forgot something really important. It's an 04 400ex

00badboy300
12-13-2004, 07:46 PM
just tighten up the preload(collar). that is the only way on a stock 400. you will probably have to take the shock off.

GA400ex
12-14-2004, 05:52 AM
You don't need to take the shock off. This can either be done with a special wrench from honda or a hammer and a screw driver. At the top of your spring you will see two notched, threaded collars. Loosen the top one up, by either using the wrench or a flathead screwdriver and a hammer. Then tighten the bottom one until you get your desired height. Finally, tighten the top one back down to keep it in position. This will affect the handling of your quad! Here is some guidelines to go by:

While on your quad in complete gear, get someone to measure from the frame to the ground in two spots(right in front of the pegs and right behind the rear mount of the lower a-arm). These measurements should be the same or maybe a half inch lower in the rear.

MX: 7 1/2 to 9 inches
XC: 8 1/2 to 10 inches
Rec riding: 9 to 10 inches

Sorry for the long post