PDA

View Full Version : Kids resume?

Pappy
12-13-2004, 09:56 AM
Ok, ive done resume's for older riders, but this my first for a youth rider. is there anything to be done differently? thanks for any help!

Rider: Cody Hill

Hometown: Hedgesville West Virginia

Years Racing: 1

This marks my first full season of racing in youth atv events. I learned quite a lot this season and will do my best to apply that knowledge to improve my finishes next season.

I am writing this to gain rider support from your company. It is my goal to not only do well in the events I enter, but also to continue the growth of all youth riders in our sport. By your company offering me support, I will strive to promote your company and products in a positive way so that you may gain customers or sales thru my involvement with your business.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my resume, and if any further information is needed please feel free to contact me thru my parents.

2004 Accomplishments

2004 was a great year for me. I managed to win my class in the N.Q.R.A. race at Budd’s Creek. This was my first time racing this style of event and I plan on more events like this for 2005.

I raced in the Koontz Adventure Series and did very well.

1 1st place
1 2nd place
2 3rd place
1 4th place

I managed to stay in the top 10 at every event but those are the highlights.

My latest race was at the Ironman GNCC race in Crawfordsville Indiana. I finished 2nd in my class and 5th overall against some of the best youth riders in the country.

2004 Sponsors:

The Quadshop
Elka Suspension
Burgard Cycle
Derisi Suspension (DRS)
EXRiders.com

cdalejef
12-13-2004, 09:58 AM
Looks good Pappy!

Kilabanshee
12-13-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Looks good Pappy!

Couldn't agree more!

Johnny & Monica
12-13-2004, 10:21 AM
Aaaahhh we got pappy`s phone number let the prank calls begin.:devil: I ordering you 20 pizzas for the mon. nigth football game cheifs vs titans Sorry cant make to eat none:D

Looks good pappy we sent in all Taylor an Chances an got some good sponsors for next year.Cant wait till next year it sucks all the youth gncc`s are so far over towards you.Wish they would had one at lorrettas an sparta we may have been able to make them all.:( Good luck to Cody next year an we`ll see you at Iron man next year

Pappy
12-13-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by mikeracerx34
Good luck to Cody next year an we`ll see you at Iron man next year

Thanks! I am a bit late getting resumes out but with all thats happened to our family since the ironman we just have to send them and hope for the best.

Cody is training hard now....he wants to get on that podium:macho

12-13-2004, 07:22 PM
we just got sponcered by Elka. Looks like those Elka's realy work on that 90. Can't wait to show tis pick to my son.:D

SilverFox
12-14-2004, 10:03 AM
Looks Good Pappy----------- one thing we added on my sons resume when he was racing was his grades in school.It helped us land a few more local deals once they knew he was doing good and focused on his school work.One dealer even asked for a copy of his report cards when they came out.I think more than anything, this sent a message to my son that racing isn't everything.------------- just my 2-cents-------

QuadJunkies
12-14-2004, 10:52 AM
that looks good Pappy!! I have a great program on Word that lays it all out in a professional manner as well to do ours with. Just makes it look nice if interested let me know and Ill send it over to you ;)

QuadJunkies
12-14-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by 911
we just got sponcered by Elka. Looks like those Elka's realy work on that 90. Can't wait to show tis pick to my son.:D I never heard back from Elka :( Congrats :)...

Johnny & Monica
12-14-2004, 10:59 AM
My daughter Taylor also got sponsored by elka. I would be interested in taking a look at your program for word you were telling Pappy about Quadjunkies if you could send it to monicac70@yahoo.com. Sent out quite a few resumes only heard back from a few but we are still hoping. Has anyone tried their kid on sponsorhourse.com ???

QuadJunkies
12-14-2004, 11:03 AM
I use Word Perfect 12 with Perfect Expert as well ...I have it saved in my document,s but when I mail it , some peeps have troulbe opening it,so I mail them out.. not sure how to correct that.... :confused:

Johnny & Monica
12-14-2004, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the info

12-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I never heard back from Elka :( Congrats :)... thanx i think it helps that we run NEATV-MX and Elka is a sponcer of the series:D