PDA

View Full Version : gncc race pipe??

MY450R
12-13-2004, 09:42 AM
anyone know of this new hmf gncc pipe out?
if anyone has any info could you please post
thanks

dopeyferree
12-13-2004, 10:49 AM
Are you talking about the Ballance Series HMF Pipe. Visit www.hmfengineerin.com

Rico
12-13-2004, 12:39 PM
With my powerbong and HMF slip-on with quiet core, I never got above 100 db's at a GNCC Race. NOt sure what is different about the new GNCC pipe, except there's gonna be lots of new pipes sold this winter to GNCC racers.

Definite pipes without any type of quiet core that won't pass the testing even with new packing..

Sparks
TC racing
Pro Circuit
HMF
GT Thunder
Alba
LRD

To name a few..

Most people don't know how loud their pipes are. It doesn't take much to get a pipe to scream 106db at 3,500 RPMS, which is about 6,000 less than what my quad makes at full throttle. My bills thunder pipe that was cut down did just that in Texas and 104 at Steel creek. I mentioned 3,500 RPMs because I'm pretty sure that's what they rev your motor too, when taking the reading.

I"ve been very happy with the HMF quiet core I installed.

465Stroker
12-28-2004, 08:32 AM
ALBA will have a full race pipe available by February that will be under 102db's with only a 1-2 HP loss. ;)

FYI - every quiet core tested on several aftermarket pipes averaged a loss of 4-6HP over free flowing exhaust - just by installing the quiet core.

R&D has been completed as of 12/23/04 - ALBA will now start tooling for the newly designed internals within the next week.

12-28-2004, 08:34 AM
The HMF quiet race pipe will be avaliable in a couple weeks. 100 decibles they are claiming less than 1 hp loss from there regular race pipe. I will have one to test and compare soon!