PDA

View Full Version : Just a bad deal.

rooster300ex
12-13-2004, 09:08 AM
my 300ex started smoking so i took it to get repaired clutch and everything. i get it back its running good and then it blew oil and started smoking alil and then locked up. i took it back where i got it repaired since it had only been a month since it was fixed. anyways i call the place and they said the sleeve broke and fell into the crankshaft and locked it up. they won't fix it because they didn't work on that part of the quad. it cost me 7 hundred to fix what was wrong with it plus and the stuff i added to it. tell me that doesn't ****in suck.

wilkin250r
12-13-2004, 09:25 AM
If they never touched the cylinder, they are not obligated to warrantee it. It's that simple. If it's not their fault, how can you expect them to pay to fix it?

derekhonda
12-13-2004, 09:44 AM
exactly, if your axle bearings went out and you took it to a shop and they fixed it for you and then your carburator backed up they wouldnt have any reason to cover that for you would they? Same things,

chucked
12-13-2004, 12:46 PM
unless you can find like a dowel or something they dropped in there, its not their problem! And when my quad starts smoking I really dont think that the clutch would be the problem? like my dad always said, "if it doesnt work, the spark plug must be bad."

bman9
12-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by chucked
unless you can find like a dowel or something they dropped in there, its not their problem! And when my quad starts smoking I really dont think that the clutch would be the problem? like my dad always said, "if it doesnt work, the spark plug must be bad."

lol

Jackie
12-13-2004, 03:43 PM
buy a 450

rooster300ex
12-13-2004, 04:15 PM
i said it was smoking and i got the clutch done & EVERYTHING. he said the sleeve broke does that have anything to do with boring it and putting a new piston and rings

derekhonda
12-13-2004, 05:57 PM
if they did top end work to your 400ex and then your sleeve cracked and dropped out, you would definately have a case against the dealership, how far did they bore it out and when?