PDA

View Full Version : yfz 450 options

Quadrider63
12-12-2004, 05:12 PM
I am goning to get the yfz and I am wondering if i should get the kick start kit and the extended arms is it worth it and is this a good choice and are there any more options i should get.

thanks

YamaWarr0121
12-12-2004, 05:13 PM
keep it stock til you can go faster than the bike can handle, it is awesome stock.. and you will not have ne problems needing a kick starter..

SRH
12-12-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by YamaWarr0121
keep it stock til you can go faster than the bike can handle, it is awesome stock.. and you will not have ne problems needing a kick starter..

yeah you dont need a kicker, the gytr a arms arent that good save your money and when the time is right do your research and build it how you want

KEN1
12-12-2004, 09:13 PM
I still can't understand for the life of me why someone would want kickstart over electric start???

The weight savings ain't worth it and you'll never get a holeshot with a dead engine start with one.

Why just why people???:eek2:

SRH
12-12-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by KEN1
I still can't understand for the life of me why someone would want kickstart over electric start???

The weight savings ain't worth it and you'll never get a holeshot with a dead engine start with one.

well i never understood removing the electri but adding kick if ur a xc or desert racer woudlnt be a bad idea, in case you had a electrical prob, in mx, by the time u kick it its too late...

KEN1
12-12-2004, 09:29 PM
A kick as a back-up to the electric start is a great idea but all these Yfz guys are installing these kickstarters and getting rid of their electric starts..........this is what I could never understand.

crayfz
12-13-2004, 04:51 AM

I saw Rice and Borich both get the holeshot kicking there Hondas.

airheadedduner
12-13-2004, 10:14 PM
Depending what you are doing tires is all you need at first. If you want more power just remove the exhaust baffle, airbox lid, and rejet accordingly and retard the exhaust cam.. That gets decent gains. That should hold you off till your back account recovers enough for more mods:D

YFZ450Ridr
12-14-2004, 08:11 PM
A kick as a back-up to the electric start is a great idea but all these Yfz guys are installing these kickstarters and getting rid of their electric starts..........this is what I could never understand.

they remove the electric start because when they pull the battery n lights n stuff off of it it saves a little weight for racing.

SRH
12-14-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
they remove the electric start because when they pull the battery n lights n stuff off of it it saves a little weight for racing.

yeah then they remove the battery which the yfz needs in there.. and the lights which u need unless you have the resistor kit and eventually wind up having charging problems but they saved 4 pounds...if it matters that much take a **** before you go riding haha

Kennethyfz450
12-14-2004, 10:36 PM
I have been debating to lose the electic start and install the kick.
because:

1. save weight (im 65% sure its 1 pound of rotating mass you lose in the engine)

2. more reliable (never have to worry about a battery,starter)

3. more power (revs easier)

-----------
trail tech -4 flywheel
revs easier
better lights
----
ron woods intake system
better flow the restrictive intake system
i felt more seat of the pants difference from it then i did the pipe/cam mod
-------
skid plates

----

thats all i can think of...

oh free mods
cam mod -yfzcentral.com
baffle out
jetting help- yfzcentral.com
------

oh, i would wait on a aftermarket pipe, because the pulse charger may change the way all of us thinks about aftermarket systems..

slofords
12-22-2004, 08:39 AM
For mx racing the kicker is a good choice. You lose some pounds by removing the battery, lights, fan, and stuff, and you dont have to do dead starts like oyu would in a GNCC race.

Ramsus
12-23-2004, 03:15 PM

:rolleyes:

The people that had 250r's and 450r's were the fastest out of the hole at the race I was in.

They would leave their kickstart out and when they blew the whistle and we ran and jumped on our bikes, they landed on their kick starters and had their bikes started before anyone with an electric start.

I was very impressed.

P.S. I was on a yfz