PDA

View Full Version : front brake problems!!

hardkoratvmxr
12-12-2004, 10:33 AM
my front brakes on my 03' 300ex are all messed up... i think.. when i go to do a stoppie the left side tire will lock up and then as i keep applying pressure to my brake lever the right one will.. if i squeeze the lever in fast they will work together. i think that there is an air bubble in my lines but i wanted your guys opinion before i took my lines off and reblead them.

hardkoratvmxr
12-12-2004, 10:34 AM
i also have a question about ss brakelines. i have razr mx's on my 300 and i want to know if they are worth the money. do they help you stop better or what? thanx charlie

JRDrider22
12-12-2004, 03:03 PM
check your lines for holes. maybe the left one doesnt have a hole while the right side does. check everything before working

12-12-2004, 09:05 PM
my 450r does that since it was new

bradley300
12-12-2004, 09:20 PM
ss lines wont make you stop anybetter initially, but during long races w/ lots of brake use, rubber lines get hot and expand, making the brakes mushy, ss lines will stay working just as they started at the begining f the day

02-22-2005, 02:36 PM
the mx fronts dont help much at all with stoppies, actually they downt helps with stopping at all there just better for turning, forward traction is real bad with razr and holeshot front tires. try re bleading ur front breaks and since one side had been doing mroe work u might want to think about replacing ur fornt break pads. be careful not to strip those bronze allen bolts tehre expensive to replace...7 bucks a peice.

Astars_250r
02-22-2005, 04:43 PM
One thing your front tires do help you stop. Think about it you take your tires on one side and a smooth tire on the other and lock up the brakes and see what tire slides more. Ok with that said.
I'm thinking like others have said air in the lines and the next thing I was thinking is glazed front pads. If you do a lot or braking then get the SS lines. If you don't get them anyway as they look cooler then the rubber.:D

47501exracer
02-22-2005, 04:59 PM
stoppies are stupid.

Ridin' Jesse
02-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
my 450r does that since it was new

mine too

sprtrx300ex
02-22-2005, 06:25 PM
It is not nessecary to completely rebleed your lines.

You most likely have some air in your lines. do this:

Make sure your brake resivor is full with fluid.

Pump your lever real quick, letting it "slap" out, then somehow either have someone hold the lever or wrap it so the lever stays pulled in all the way. Go down to each caliper and unscrew the bleeder valve slowly. When you start to see fluid come out, close it. Go do the same to the other valve, then close it. after both valves are tight, you can let the lever go, you will most likely notice the lever be a little harder to push in. Double check your resivor.

With any quad, after brake lines get put on, there is always a little bit of air that will accululate over time that will need to be released.

Also, check you lines for holes, and make sure both your front tires have the same amount of air.

drifterx
02-22-2005, 07:44 PM
My 300 did that after i took apart my brake assembly to get the hub/rotor out. I took the wheels back off, and the pad wasn't making contact on the one side, so i coaxed it a little bit, and it set securely, and has worked fine ever since.