PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for a new rider/racer?

dwidget
12-11-2004, 09:25 PM
does anyone have any tips about how to take turns or whoops faster? I'd like to practice before I get into any races, thanx

dopeyferree
12-12-2004, 05:53 AM
The best tip for riding and racing is

Seat Time.

QUADROOKIE
12-12-2004, 05:59 AM
Yep! Seat time is the only way. People can tell you and show you all they want, but until you actually do it over and over, and get a feel for the machine and how it handles, you then will subconciously pick up on how it reacts when you do certain things, and you can adjust from your experiences. Also, you can learn alot by watching video of the pros, like how they go deep into the turns, and excelleate early coming out, or the lines they take, stuff like that. But in the end, seat time is the key.

bjones
12-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by dwidget
does anyone have any tips about how to take turns or whoops faster? I'd like to practice before I get into any races, tha
nx

the best thing you can do is ride as much as possable because there is nothing better than seat time. ride safe and ride fast

smr
12-27-2004, 01:18 PM
here's some good advice....always make sure you wear all the saftey gear you own. It's easy to overlook saftey gear when you are just practicing.

Helmet
boots
gloves
chest protector

all a must

powerstroke
12-30-2004, 07:24 PM
smr is right.......safety gear is a must. get in with some guys who have been racing a while........they can teach you volumes. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT HORSEPOWER. if you do any mods to your bike make sure they are in the suspension department. other then that have fun and be safe:)

JRDrider22
12-30-2004, 08:09 PM
dont ever give up. if your gonna put a lot of money into your bike, and a lot into riding. dont give up over something stupid

03400EX_Nacs
12-30-2004, 11:27 PM
you win and be killed in races just dont do something you aren;t ready for wrecks are the worst things to have

rollie
12-31-2004, 05:03 PM
take it easy your first race...i thought i was the :cool: person and i could do anything......lol anyway i fell the second turn got run over and sprained my shoulder.....my second race i just took it easy and i got 4th overall:cool:

397ccEX
01-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Ride Ride And Watch other peoples riding styles everyone has their own

the yazer
01-01-2005, 07:06 PM
tire side down its faster and what they said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^;)