PDA

View Full Version : Jumping?

dwidget
12-11-2004, 08:47 PM
I've been riding my Honda 250 for about a year now and I want to get into jumping it, can anyone give me tips on how to jump? Or possibly explain to me how I would jump since I haven't been riding very long.

mudslingingurl9
12-11-2004, 08:57 PM
you can't really explain how to jump, you've just gotta get the feel for it yourself. Start out small, and the more comfortable you are w/ it go bigger....have fun;)

dwidget
12-11-2004, 09:02 PM
Thanks for that. Any other suggestions about jumping higher or anything?

Ripitupfilms
12-11-2004, 10:10 PM
just look over ur terrain and scope ur run try to know wut gear to use for the certain amount of speed u need to clear the jump. dont ever lean forward . its better to land on ur back tires better than landing on ur front because usually if u land on the front it hurts or breaks something always try to land on all 4's its the safest way theres some small tips to get u started

12-13-2004, 07:40 PM
if you get on the gas right before you land touchdown will be pillow soft;) always think more about your landing than the jump itself ( jedi mind trick ):D

geogeorge
12-14-2004, 08:55 PM
make sure you have health insurance and sick days from work.

have fun.

400EXracer74
12-15-2004, 10:10 AM
jumping is all in practice. confidence is a key point too. if your not scared then you should be good. find a table top somewhere and practice on it till you feel good enough to go bigger. that whole thinking about what gear and how fast to go will come with practice. its an unexplainable phenomenom in my opinion. Ive been jumping quads for about 2 years now and somehow i can feel how fast i need to be going and clear the jumps everytime no matter what size. just ride a lot and build some jumps in your back yard. Rent a bobcat for a weekend. i built a small motocross track in 2 days with my bobcat.

dwidget
12-15-2004, 01:39 PM
i would build my own track in my yard, because i feel like that's what i really need, but i have about 1 and 1/4 acre to put it on, and that's not including all the different buildings and sheds on the property.

Jackie
12-15-2004, 01:47 PM
start jumping on table top hills its easier to land on all fours

Stealth450r
12-16-2004, 03:13 PM
this is the way i got all my friends to jump. you just have to not worry about falling cause its going to happen nomatter how good you are, so once you get that out of your head just go for it.

416mx
12-16-2004, 03:18 PM
Don't go big when it's really windy, not trying to scare you but that's how i broke my neck and hip. So far though everything i have read is good advice. Go small and work your way up!! Have Fun!!!:D