PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Watching Speed

Moto92
12-11-2004, 04:01 PM
Speed Channel has on some snowmobile drag racing...but on grass!

Syrus
12-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Sweet watchin it now, damn comercials.

Ridin' Jesse
12-11-2004, 04:08 PM
there is a drag strip about 1/2 a mile from my house where they have snowmobile drags on dirt and grass...omfg they rock...i go watch em all the time...pluss they race quads n stuff too...next year when they start again ill get a vid for u guys!

Quad18star
12-11-2004, 04:12 PM
Gotta love grass drags . A few hours south of me , I believe is where they run the first and last race of the national series . Grass drags are a ton of fun ... especially when you got one of the festest sleds out there . :D Our company is proud to sponsor one of the fastest grass drag racers in the world .

Rico
12-11-2004, 04:13 PM
Talk about haulin ***......:eek2:

RemNS
12-11-2004, 04:24 PM
They just started this up at Red Bud!

It's pretty awesome with some of the mandates they have for the tracks1

JR3
12-11-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Talk about haulin ***......:eek2:

talk about boring :eek2:

Syrus
12-11-2004, 04:36 PM
Ya the grass drags are pretty skilless unless your the mechanic. The driver just needs to have fast reaction time for take off, then after then its just a matter of holding the throttle wide open :rolleyes:

jesshamner
12-11-2004, 05:24 PM
So they can show grass drags, lawnmower racing, and whatever else but they don't show atv racing? I just don't understand. I mean ESPN airs the national spelling bee and ping pong for crying out loud. Show some atv racing...and yes I saw that espn will be showing some at the Outdoor Games.

400exrules
12-11-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by jesshamner
So they can show grass drags, lawnmower racing, and whatever else but they don't show atv racing? I just don't understand. I mean ESPN airs the national spelling bee and ping pong for crying out loud. Show some atv racing...and yes I saw that espn will be showing some at the Outdoor Games.

yah, we can watch ppl bet and lose millions of dollars in poker matches, and watch little 9y/o's pass out on the stage of a spelling bee, but we cant watch a friggin quad race of quads rippin through a xc course whizzin by trees and runnin through mud and creeks and sh^t

wtf:huh

EDIT: the network is supposed to be for Extreme Sports......pool, poker, and spelling bee's are definately so extreme they should be shown on ESPN.....:huh

joedirt
12-11-2004, 06:13 PM
Those Monster Trucks that they been showing on Speed are sick. The one from Vegas BAD AS$

TRX250X
12-11-2004, 07:30 PM
Sled dragging is awesome. I caught part of that show. I have a vid on my computer of a sled beating a Trans Am very easily on asphalt. They make special tracks to drag on asphalt. Those sleds also have a quick connection in their cooler lines so the mechanic can hook them up to a little trailer that has a pump and coolant so that they can get the motor cooled down.