PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Experts!

MotoX3
12-11-2004, 03:30 PM
hey i need help finding new speakers....i have this older stereo system i got from my dad...its a kenwood KT-56 i guess....thats what it says on the front....anyways...one of the speakers is blown..i want to get another one...preferaby like whats on it currently...but if not...will other speakers adapt to it?....i can take a few pics if needed....thanks:D

Stevie-D
12-11-2004, 03:45 PM
speakers are interchangeable. the only thing you may have to do is change a terminal thingy on the end of a wire to fit the new speaker.

quad
12-11-2004, 03:47 PM
Im guessing its a house stereo?Regardless,house or car,you may have to contact the manufacturer of the speakers to see if that speaker is still being sold,or available.Most speakers are sold in pairs(especially cars,unless its a subwoofer).If you fail to find the same speaker as you currently have.You can swap to a different brand of speakers.I would suggest buying new speakers by the pair if you decide to get new one other than what you are using now.
Some speakers have different ohms,sensitivity,somes more efficient than others.Thats why I suggest buying a pair if you cant buy a replacement of what you have now.

MotoX3
12-11-2004, 04:01 PM
yeah its a home stereo