hi everyone i was what are the best tires for race please help fast.thank you

09-04-2001, 01:22 PM
I'd have to say the 11 inch holeshots,,,both 18 inch,,,,:D

liltazz
09-06-2001, 02:28 PM
marshals up front and 18in turf tamers

3hondas
09-06-2001, 06:19 PM
The stock tires on a 400ex are not too shabby.
I will replace them with the same when they get ground down to slix.
I put holeshots on the rear of my 300ex and it definitely slowed it and it lost its "floatation" factor in deep sand.
if you ride hard pack and/or mx on hard pack, then Ree-ko is correcto.

09-06-2001, 07:27 PM
i am running groove kumho's up front as it says in my infoand turf's in the rear i also had holeshots for a while but didn't eally like em..i'd like to try the new holeshot mx's though....in my last racei pulled up to the gate everybody there had turftamers ( grooved) and 1 guy had razors and i pulled the hole..i know it has a lot to do with rider and reaction...but i had all the traction i needed i love my combo

Foxrage
09-06-2001, 07:36 PM
How does the Turf tamers compare in the wearing department to the holesots or the razrs. I have the holeshot mx and i think i was gettin ready to but the turfs or the razrs but dont know which ones.

09-07-2001, 10:16 AM
My buddy has the 8.9 turfs on champion beadlocks and he's busted the tire off the bead like 3 times this year,,,,I have the wider 11 inch holeshot MX tires on rims with rings NO beadlock and I've yet to bust the bead... I think the 8.9 or whatever the size is are to narrow,,,seems like the tires roll real bad in corners when ya got the hammer down,,but with an 11 inch wider tire your less likely to roll the tire off the rim due to the increased width,,maybe I"m just on crack. I'll always run the Holeshots on the rear but the holeshot fronts seem to wear pretty fast,,I think next set will be some of them fancy grooved radials..:D