PDA

View Full Version : 250ex bbk?

mudlitecon
12-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Does anyone have one for their 250ex. How much better is the bike now? Any problems? Who installed if for you?

priebo15
12-18-2004, 10:31 PM
i've read some stories about ppl having them, but in order to get it installed it would be a good idea to have a full exhaust and rejet it after installation

priebo15
12-18-2004, 10:36 PM
damn, nvm about that last part, didnt read ur sig. but i've read stories on some forum sites like this (atving.com, quadfmx.com, or freestylecomps.com) but only read one bad story, a guy bought this 250ex for his wife and she wanted more speed and power out of it so they did the usual thing, re-jet, new filter, exhaust..and they still wanted more power, so he dropped it off at some dealer and told them to do whatever it took to make it faster, he went back a few days later and the guy said that they put a bore kit in it, so he took it home, fired it up and all it did was smoke a lot but didnt add much power.. although i have read a few other stories, good stories that is...its completely up to u, after that jet kit, filter, and exhaust...instead of boring it i would get some kick ***** dress up stuff like nerfs, bars, handguards..either that or some riding apparel

nacs400ex
12-19-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by priebo15
damn, nvm about that last part, didnt read ur sig. but i've read stories on some forum sites like this (atving.com, quadfmx.com, or freestylecomps.com) but only read one bad story, a guy bought this 250ex for his wife and she wanted more speed and power out of it so they did the usual thing, re-jet, new filter, exhaust..and they still wanted more power, so he dropped it off at some dealer and told them to do whatever it took to make it faster, he went back a few days later and the guy said that they put a bore kit in it, so he took it home, fired it up and all it did was smoke a lot but didnt add much power.. although i have read a few other stories, good stories that is...its completely up to u, after that jet kit, filter, and exhaust...instead of boring it i would get some kick ***** dress up stuff like nerfs, bars, handguards..either that or some riding apparel

Obviously the dealer had no clue what they were doing. Boring out a quad has nothing to do with making it smoke.