PDA

View Full Version : please help me some

400exrules
12-10-2004, 07:03 PM
yall are prob gettin tired of me postin this but i have basic cable in my room. and i want to get time warner digital cable so i can get the outdoor channel and stuff, and i want to get a tivo box for christmas. should i get a 40hour tivo box or 80hour box, and will it even work with the cable box ?

250xridamatt
12-10-2004, 07:48 PM
80 hour man. You won't regret it. I have like 90 hours with my dish dvr. It is the best thing we have bought in a long time. I have about 65 hours left and i have had it for not even 6 months. The best is when u can record movies, then you can watch them whenever. Plus the rewind and pause features kick butt.

But definately get the more memory. It will be worth it when u get to 40 hours of stuff and its all stuff u dont want to get rid of. It ads up really fast.

My 2 cents

400exrules
12-10-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
80 hour man. You won't regret it. I have like 90 hours with my dish dvr. It is the best thing we have bought in a long time. I have about 65 hours left and i have had it for not even 6 months. The best is when u can record movies, then you can watch them whenever. Plus the rewind and pause features kick butt.

But definately get the more memory. It will be worth it when u get to 40 hours of stuff and its all stuff u dont want to get rid of. It ads up really fast.

My 2 cents

ya i went to best buy and the lady told us the 40hour one runs out quicker then everyone thinks, but ill have to convince my parents, because price is always before quality in their mind, they just wanna get the cheapest thing possible :ermm:

250xridamatt
12-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Just tell them that if u get the 40 hour one you will have to buy two to make up for it!

400exrules
12-10-2004, 08:34 PM
lol k. can u hook up the tivo to digital cable, instad of just regular cable? cuz ill prob be gettin digital cable so i can get the outdoor channel and others

400exrules
12-11-2004, 04:51 PM
anyone???